T Nation

Forearms Hurt

Okay so i have searched and couldn't find anything on this. if anyone can please correct my site search skills. I am getting ready for a meet march 12. Long story short.

whenever i bench the outside of my forearms get this aching pain. directly under where my pinkie finger is. i told a trainer there who is a PL. and he says its just from pressing heavy. But the thing is they hurt even when i warm up. If its just part of lifting heavy then i will suck it up. But i was just trying to gather insight, as to see if there is a potential problem. I use wrist wraps when i go heavy. and i think i have correct form.

Any info would be appreciated.

While I can't offer any true medical advice, I did that this problem a few weeks ago. I basically avoided doing any heavy pressing for a week or two and did a lot of stretching for my wrists and forearms. I slowly worked my way back into pressing and not it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it did, though if I do too much volume at a heavy weight it will start to hurt again slightly. Some people say fat grips and fat bars help because it disperses that pressure over a larger area in your palm, so you might give that a shot after at least a good week of solid rest. A solid pair of tight wrists wraps when pressing help a ton as well.

Like I said, no true medical advice, but that is my experience with that issue. Take it for what it's worth.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Thank you for your advice. i will see how i can incorporate this with my meet coming up.

I will try that, thanks!

If you use a computer a lot (mouse/typing) your forearms can get very stiff, which doesn't help by the time you get to the gym. I keep a tennis ball on my desk which I use to massage my forearms every so often.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.