Forearms and Wrists!

yeh but u should have your hand more or less straight, look up bench press tips by milan on youtube good explanation

I say do what is comfortable. Your wrist tend to fall in position naturally as barbell comes in contact with the weight bearing section of the palm.(a slight diagonal line in the bottom 1/3 of your palm)

-If you try to force your wrist to be totally straight the barbell will be held by your thumb. Which ain’t gonna hold too much.
-And if you let barbell rest of the middle 1/3 of your palm, your hand will start to hurt. And the next day your hand/wrist will be in pain for about a week. (as it happened to me, when I had my pinkies off the bar after a clean, and had to jerk like that. Got it, but both my hands didn’t like it.)

[quote]patrick12 wrote:
http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/products.asp?dept=41

Try Ironmind wrist and forearm equipment.I have the wrist roller, Titan’s telegraph and Captains of Crush grippers. It works.[/quote]

I used to have the same problem,i didnt really try sorting it.I started doing three time a week grip training and it has sorted itself out.

I have found deadlifts, wrist rolls and farmers walks have really improved my grip strength and benefited all lifts

OP why don’t you want to wrap?

I’d suggest you DO wrap, but also train forearms / wrists. Only wrap at your working sets, you’ll be able to monitor how the forearm stuff is helping by seing if you can use heavier weights before you need to wrap.

I have the same problem, and I’ve been working on my grip strength. while I have made decent improvements in my grip strength, this still happens. You might want to make sure you’re gripping the bar evenly. When I first was told about this problem, someone mentioned that my hands were not set on the bar the same.

In the end though, I use wraps.

[quote]JerzyJames wrote:
I have found deadlifts, wrist rolls and farmers walks have really improved my grip strength and benefited all lifts[/quote]

Agreed.

I’ve always had relatively weak wrists. from starting a routine with more deadlifts and shrugs I found my wrist strength greatly improved. never really had a problem with bench but if your not using wraps, a bit of increased front forearm strength could help stabilize the bar.

And I know u might be used to lifting very heavy weights, but sometimes this could be a result of the weight being a little to heavy for your arms, becuase although your chest might be strong enough, arm strength is important in stabilizing and control