T Nation

Forearm Skin Stretching During Deadlifts?

Lately, whenever I go heavy (330 or so for 5x5 for me), I get a minor burning pain on the skin on the inside of my forearms. When I am through, it looks red, kinda like I got scratched somehow. Nothing hurts on the inside, it is purely a function of the skin. Anyone familiar with this?

Do you pull sumo?

My forearms used to rub my quads when I pulled. Got red marks from that. No experience with stretching though.

I don’t pull Sumo and I am sure that I am not rubbing on my quads when I am pulling. The general redness goes away after a little while but sometimes little red dots show up on my skin and stay for a couple days.

You may just have thin skin there and the rise in blood pressure is bursting capillaries. Hence the red dots.

Are you wearing a belt?

My forearms get grazed from time to time like you describe. And that’s pulling conventional.

[quote]skidmark wrote:
You may just have thin skin there and the rise in blood pressure is bursting capillaries. Hence the red dots.[/quote]

That would suck.

@ Hanley

Im not wearing a belt. Im 100% sure Im not grazing anything.

This is not encouraging to know that this hasn’t happened to anyone else. Looks like I’ll have to go do some research.

Thanks for the replys.

When I first read the title, I didn’t see the “-arm” and thought “wow, that could be a real problem…”

[quote]tcsimon wrote:
When I first read the title, I didn’t see the “-arm” and thought “wow, that could be a real problem…”[/quote]

Ha!

[quote]tcsimon wrote:
When I first read the title, I didn’t see the “-arm” and thought “wow, that could be a real problem…”[/quote]

lol. Me too. I would actually stop deadlifting if that was the case…