Forearm Pain When Curling

Depending on where you get the pain - you may hitting the brachioradialis because of the EZ bar and may need to use a straight bar instead.
Or you simply maybe over-using your forearm flexors and need some reverse curls to balance things out.
Do you get any pain when using the preacher curl with a straight bar? an EZ bar?

[quote]rbpowerhouse wrote:
Depending on where you get the pain - you may hitting the brachioradialis because of the EZ bar and may need to use a straight bar instead.
Or you simply maybe over-using your forearm flexors and need some reverse curls to balance things out.
Do you get any pain when using the preacher curl with a straight bar? an EZ bar?[/quote]

No, it’s just db curls that give me bother - everything else is fine.

[quote]A_W wrote:
xxmoneyxx wrote:
curls suck.

Yeah, curls are for pussies.[/quote]

LOL I almost shit my pants.

Go see your chiro and (wuith his permission) start training your extensors with reverse/zottman curls…you may be heading towards or already have carpal tunnel syndrome.

[quote]links wrote:
rbpowerhouse wrote:
Do you get any pain when using the preacher curl with a straight bar? an EZ bar?

No, it’s just db curls that give me bother - everything else is fine. [/quote]

Hammer and reverse grip all of your bicep exercises for a pain-free workout.

i’ve previusly had sharp shooting pains down my forearms, starts on the outside of the forearms about 2/3 of the way up and shoots down the forearm.

it’s particulary bad when doing any suppinated work but when it’s really bad also affects ez curls, note i do lead with the pinkies when curling.

my pain is primarliy associated with picking up & putting down the weight, more so then during the movement, i usually drop the weight to the floor (or sometimes in the squat rack, i know, i know, but if you had the pain you’d understand) from a bent arm position.

it flares up whenever i do heavy curls for a few weeks in a row, hence i do rely on c/g chins and more recently some hammers & reverse curls which are fine. suppinated cable loading seems better (at least it did this week) over any b/b or d/b.

my pain was caused be inflamation of the forearms (in conjunction with tight triceps) got it relised a couple of weeks ago, very painful experience, but seemed to get rid of the pain. only problem was i lost alot of grip strength from the muscle release. i guess i have to actually really grip the weight now rather then the muscle starting off being tight.