T Nation

Forearm Hypertrophy

hi I need a good programm to increase my forarme size! Tips etc. ?

Go to www.ironmind.com

Find the book “Dinosaur Training” by Brooks Kubik. Order it. Read it. Follow the information for grip/forearm size and strength.

deadlifting and shrugs takes care of my forearms for me. Good luck though.

Hammer curls
Barbell wrist curls
Picking up heavy stuff
More hammer curls

Alot of forearm /wrist size is genetics. Some bastards dont have to do dick and are naturally thick as hell (no pun intended). Others can spend 10 hours a week with the wrist roller and still have girl arms.

Deadlifts, heavy deadlifts.

Hi, before you post you should really use the search button. There are thousands of training articles here.

That being said, use the search button and look for a Poliquin article titled “Can’t add size to your biceps? Work the forearms.”

Deadlifts, Rack pulls, weighted pull-ups/chin-ups, Farmers walks, squeezing/holding grippers, wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, hammer curls, reverse curls, etc…

Really just do exercises that tax your grip and/or forearm muscles. Oh, and don’t use straps.

Also, while at www.ironmind.com check out John “Brookfield’s grip tips”. There are some great exercises in their for developing the forearms.

Good training,

Sentoguy

Check out this recent article by John Sullivan…
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1411503

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459819

[quote]HandOfGod wrote:
Alot of forearm /wrist size is genetics. Some bastards dont have to do dick and are naturally thick as hell (no pun intended). Others can spend 10 hours a week with the wrist roller and still have girl arms. [/quote]

I agree with this. Small forearms doesn’t make you weak though! It’s still an area I’ll work to improve for myself, so I can “even myself out” and look balanced. It’s a shitty problem to have, just like the small calf people.

Here’s something new for great forearm mass:

Whenever I have free time at work, I take one of the pipe wrenches laying around-Make sure its heavy enough where you can only pump out 5-6 sets of 8 reps.

What you do is grab the bottom end, making sure your thumb is over your fingers (to make sure that your wrist flexors are focused as well as the rest of your forearm). Now that you’ve got it in your hand, lift your arm below the elbow, bending the elbow (arm should make a 90 degree angle).

You begin the movement by holding the pipe wrench upright (Your pinky finger should be facing the floor; thumb facing the sky, palm facing left if you’re using your right arm). Then bend your wrist downward, pause, and then bend your wrist upward, making the pipe wrench become upright again.

To me, it’s like combining the reverse wrist curl, regular wrist curl, and finger exercises all at the same time. Sadly, you just need a heavy ass pipe wrench and a strong grip.

Give it a try!

When in doubt, turn to Dave Tate:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/forearm_jack_program.htm