Fore Arm Pain...Ouch???

I’ve been training for awhile now and when i tryo to do preacher curls i end up with the same result. I get pain throughout the bottom portion of my fore arm. It subsides in about 4 days but if i go to do preachers again the pain comes right back. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? If so how did you get it to stop being a burden when working your arms.

The problem you are experiencing is due to a lack of elasticity of the fascia tissue surrounding your biceps brachii. The fascia tissue is continuous with your biceps tendon, which inserts on the radial tuberosity of the radius (this is where you are feeling the pain). This is very common and the solution is simple. In order to alleviate the pain, you need to do some heavy stretching to improve the elasticity of the above mentioned tissue. Try this:

Hold the bottom position of an incline dumbbell curl with a moderately heavy resistance. You will be able to go much heavier on this stretch than you can actually curl. Supinate the forearm completely so that your elbow is pointed inward, and your anterior forearm is facing outward.

Perform this stretch between every set of preacher curls (or any other bicep exercise for that matter) for a count of 20 seconds. It will be painful, but it will solve the problem.

Also, make sure that you are fully extending your elbow at the bottom of the movement. You should be able to draw a straight line through your entire arm at the bottom position, if not, it will certainly lead to tendon problems.

try doing reguar stand up barbell curls.

I have had the same problem that you are describing. There has been a thread on this in the past as well. I dont know about the elasticity that Joel mentions though. I have found, and others, that you have to keep an eye on your wrists. If you notice that your wrists are breaking over, towards you, this could be the cause of the issue. Make sure that they do not break toward you and that they are in line with your forearms.
Also doing some stretching and forearm work should help. In the mean time ice the hell out of them.

meloluvr99 - greg is right. here is a reply to a similar thread previously…

it’s from breaking the wrists over when doing curls. keep your wrists straight or slightly negative when you perform your curls. i see guys all the time who curl upwards way too high (almost to their chin) and breaking their wrists over at the same time. makes me cringe because i know that as the weight gets heavier their forearms are gonna get pounded and they are going to hate letting the weight go due to the sharp pain during release. i never go more then 45 degrees beyond parallel to the floor and keep my wrists in a slightly backwards bent position. first thing to do is correct your form and kick the weight down a bit. you will have to baby it for a while and you will lose some strength along the way. this happened to me ONCE and i lost about 30lbs of strength while i healed. it took me about 3 months to get over it completely, but your mileage may vary. all the best and speedy healing. kevo

Maybe I’m misunderstanding which part of the forearm is experiencing the pain. Is is just above your wrist, or just below your biceps?