Forcefully Giving Advice

work out at home.

I do.

Its awesome.

I’m awesome.

^ You’re awesome!

Thank you sir.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Fair enough. I feel like (for some reason) intermediate trainers are the most receptive to being given advice. It seems like noobs are already so damn uncomfortable being there they don’t care if they’re doing it wrong, they just don’t want anyone to notice them.

On a related note, I once had an old guy critique my form on good mornings, telling me “that’s not the proper way to squat.”

Thanks, old man. I’ll be sure to remember that.[/quote]

I had a fairly impressive fitness competitor tell me the same thing. I was doing goodmornings and she comes over and tells me:

“you’re going to mess up your back doing that”
Me (thinking my form was off): “How so”?
Her: “Bending your back while squating”

Me: “I’m not squatting I’m working my back, they’re called goodmornings, I can squat a lot more than this” chuckle
Her; “no thats supposed to be a leg exercise, not a back exercise”
Me: “ehh… Okay, thanks for the help.”

So I’m at an orgy last week doing this bird up the butthole. I didn’t like her so I was doing it sans lube when this wanker comes over and starts telling me I’m doing it wrong. Then he starts going gay on me and offers to lube up my cock by rubbing lube in his ass and letting my bang him to get the lube on my schwartz. I had just finished dropping the load in the birds butt and this cat was grossing me out so I zipped up and hightailed it out of there.

V

So I’m at this orgy last week getting ready to do my thang, when I drop my car keys. I bend over to pick 'em up and all of a sudden somebody’s raping me from behind, sans lube! Before I have a chance to react some other queerboy runs up and start talking about lubing up this guys cock for him, they get all excited and that rapist bastard busts a nut right in my hole! Then he zips up and runs out like his ass is on fire and his dick is catching. I don’t think he even had an invitation!

I always give out form correction if I think it will prevent someone from getting hurt. It’s good karma, even if I do make my living from people who hurt themselves in the gym, lol.

But then I do have the advantage of being able to say “I trained as a chiropractor and I hate to see people risking thir health like that”. Usually sets the right tone. :wink:

BBB

[quote]WormwoodTheory wrote:
So I’m at this orgy last week getting ready to do my thang, when I drop my car keys. I bend over to pick 'em up and all of a sudden somebody’s raping me from behind, sans lube! Before I have a chance to react some other queerboy runs up and start talking about lubing up this guys cock for him, they get all excited and that rapist bastard busts a nut right in my hole! Then he zips up and runs out like his ass is on fire and his dick is catching. I don’t think he even had an invitation![/quote]

Why were you wearing High heels and fishnets then? Shit man it was my first orgy and I was confused.

V

[quote]Vegita wrote:

So I’m at this orgy last week getting ready to do my thang, when I drop my car keys. I bend over to pick 'em up and all of a sudden somebody’s raping me from behind, sans lube! Before I have a chance to react some other queerboy runs up and start talking about lubing up this guys cock for him, they get all excited and that rapist bastard busts a nut right in my hole! Then he zips up and runs out like his ass is on fire and his dick is catching. I don’t think he even had an invitation![/quote]

Why were you wearing High heels and fishnets then? Shit man it was my first orgy and I was confused.

V[/quote]

Could you two quit feeding on me?

[quote]jahall wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:
People do not want to be told they are doing it wrong. I don’t say shit to people unless they come to me. The ONLY time I might say something is if the jackass is tearing up a piece of equipment I like to use and me being silent may just end up with me not being able to use that machine because they broke it. That’s it. I stopped caring whether someone injures themselves by being a jackass.

Unless you are WAYYYYYY bigger than the guy you are trying to give advice to, just shut up. Even then they don’t take criticism well…and the truth is, if you are that small, you likely don’t know what the hell you are talking about either.

How many times do newbs on this site tell us PRO BODYBUILDERS are lifting wrong? LOL![/quote]

Professor X and other similar reponses, I understand where you guys are coming from.

I understand no one wants to be told they are doing anything wrong ever and I even told the guy that I understand that (Hell i sure didn’t when i started out). But honestly I don’t see what being physically larger than him has to do with anything besides the fact that I haven’t put in the time and effort to get THAT big (With good form of course).

I never said i was a deadlift pro, but I can at least tell when someone is doing nothing but hurting themselves.

And It was probably a dick move but I was honestly just trying to save the guy from a fucked up back, and if he’ crying himself to sleep tonight from embarrassment then so be it, i probably won’t even do this again.
[/quote]

If you feel this bad about giving advice then you shouldn’t give it. I’ve never felt ashamed bad or stupid about giving advice. Maybe because I go to a fitness gym and not some legendary underground training dungeoun people aren’t afraid to talk.

Sometimes they use it sometimes they don’t, what gives the most satisfaction is when it’s a guy bigger than me who doesn’t use it but a year later does what I said after someone who they feel comfortable with gives them advice… It’s funny because they could’ve saved a year if they listened.

And don’t be discouraged by the guys reaction. He may have felt overwhelmed and lacking the social skills to ask you to demonstrate. Either that or he thought you were gay for apologizing for being a dick to much.

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Vegita wrote:

V[/quote]

Could you two quit feeding on me?
[/quote]

Dude that’s not us, that’s Ct. Rock, You seriously cant tell the difference between a couple small white dudes and a 300Lb black vampire?

V

[quote]jahall wrote:
So today I saw some guy in the gym deadlifting with some of the worst form EVER. I was cringing just watching him because I think he might have been rounding his upper back as hard as possible on purpose (Fuck if i know).

Anyways, i was doing complexes and could not just sit there and watch this kid destroy his back. So i walked over and told him that i NEVER give out advice unless I specifically ask for it, but i felt this was a special situation. I told him that he was going to fuck up his back if he continued.

After that I explained to the guy that I didn’t mean to offend him or anything and admitted I would have been mad if some guy walked up to me and gave advice. I even offered to help him and said I would not mind one bit doing so. (He mumbles something)

So after that I saw the guy racking the weights and walked off, didn’t do one more set after that. I felt kind of bad for the guy since I wasn’t trying to run him off or anything, I was merely trying to help. I thought this was a weird reaction because I’m not a threatening guy or anything and by no means big, I was just trying to help this guy not get hurt.

[/quote]

Don’t feel bad. Judging by his reaction it was probably Dankid (aka the master of forcefully given advice)…

Someone actually asked me for advice once on how to stop their back rounding at the bottom portion of their squat. I told them to shove a broom stick up their ass and that should solve the problem. She doesn’t ask me so many questions now.

[quote]jasonoleo wrote:
Someone actually asked me for advice once on how to stop their back rounding at the bottom portion of their squat. I told them to shove a broom stick up their ass and that should solve the problem. She doesn’t ask me so many questions now.[/quote]
Was she hot?

[quote]jasonoleo wrote:
Someone actually asked me for advice once on how to stop their back rounding at the bottom portion of their squat. I told them to shove a broom stick up their ass and that should solve the problem. She doesn’t ask me so many questions now.[/quote]

SHE? Are you nuts?

There are other people at the gym? I thought it was just me and Phil Anselmo…

Maybe the kid is on the net doing research and he’ll see that you were right and he will improve. It didn’t sound like you were a douche about it. Unlike the broomstick guy :slight_smile:

[quote]AndrewG909 wrote:

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

Fair enough. I feel like (for some reason) intermediate trainers are the most receptive to being given advice. It seems like noobs are already so damn uncomfortable being there they don’t care if they’re doing it wrong, they just don’t want anyone to notice them.

On a related note, I once had an old guy critique my form on good mornings, telling me “that’s not the proper way to squat.”

Thanks, old man. I’ll be sure to remember that.[/quote]

I had a fairly impressive fitness competitor tell me the same thing. I was doing goodmornings and she comes over and tells me:

“you’re going to mess up your back doing that”
Me (thinking my form was off): “How so”?
Her: “Bending your back while squating”

Me: “I’m not squatting I’m working my back, they’re called goodmornings, I can squat a lot more than this” chuckle
Her; “no thats supposed to be a leg exercise, not a back exercise”
Me: “ehh… Okay, thanks for the help.”[/quote]

So did you fuck her or not?

When did one’s size dictate whether he or she knows proper deadlift form? I know how to deadlift properly, and because I don’t weigh 250 pounds, nor do I want to, my knowledge is unworthy? I’m tired of all the self proclaimed “know it alls” acting as if they are the only people who have the right to speak due to their size. If I wanted advice on how to gain 100lbs, it clearly makes sense to ask someone who has done so, but this thread is about TECHNIQUE. A 95 lb girl has all the fuckin right in the world to give simple precautionary advice.

I would gladly take advice from a 160 lber who can deadlift 3X his weight. GASP Oh the blasphemy, is it possible that someone under 200 lbs has valuable knowledge?

If someone is jerking off into the water-fountain, do I have the right to tell him it’s probably an unwise decision and not conducive to social acceptance? Absolutely not… I’m not in the top tier of load blowers. Damn.

-Mugatu

[quote]redleg32002000 wrote:

So did you fuck her or not?[/quote]

Hell ya, I took her right then and there, only stopping to take small sips of my Surge protein shake, then I benched 600lbs, and called it a day.

Okaaay… I made that second part up…

Okay, okay… I made the whole thing up! DAMMIT!!!