T Nation

For Those Who've Been Through Basic Training

So, I'll be shipping to Army Basic Training at Ft.Benning in Aug. I'm currently doing a Hybrid Power lifting/Army training program to get ready. My Question for those who have been there before is how much Strength and muscle did you guys lose, what were your lifts before/after, and how long did it take to come back?

My lifts are far from spectacular so I don't have a ton to lose, I'm 6'1 and about 195lbs ,Bench: 205x5, Squat 255x5, Dead:365x5. I've come to the realization that I will lose strength, I'm just curious how much and how long it will take to get back and I realize it can vary a lot from person to person.

Thanks-

It was a while ago and I definitely lost strength, but I was in the best shape evah.

Ft Benning, Infantry I take it? Hooah!

No I'm going 13F(Forward Observer)

Yeah I expect to get really cut which will be nice maybe even get to see my abs for the first time.

Thanks-

Only took me about 4ish months of hard training to get my strength back from Marine boot camp.

You'll lose fat, but a lot of muscle too...so the whole "cut" thing sucks, cuz you're weak as a kitten.

Sandhill is a blast. You will def. loose strength, but it doesn't take long to get the weights moving up again. We did lots of bodyweight exercises in our spare time.