For Those Who Switched From Mainly Heavy Lifting

[quote]MickyGee wrote:
Bingo… I think when you have added most of the mass that you can add on to your body, and you have reached the point of diminishing returns, one may decide that that mass is better put to use on your rear delts or your calves… therefore, the compounds lifts may start to fade to the background in favor of pre-exhaust or the pump or whatever advanced technique helps you feel specific muscles better that may be lagging or not to your full potential…

This is also why I think people on 5x5 and 3x5 programs have undesirable techniques… or at least unshapely… no homo lol

[/quote]

Not sure I agree with that, I see plenty of people with great physiques who still emphasize big compound lifts not letting them “fade to the background”. And to be honest with a lot of these natural competitors who talk about all this focus on different techniques and whatnot, I don’t see much of a difference between different competition pics from year to year. Then again maybe that’s just the nature of natural bodybuilding.

Take a look at this:

I think a combination of both is best… ie. Bench heavy but do flys with perfect form.