For Those True Music Fans

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
“Ten Years Gone” live

- YouTube [/quote]

You beat me to it! I was going to post this song as well.

I love youtube!

You guys are correct, it’s basically impossible to determine a best Zep song. I tend to go through stages where certain songs are my favorites at that time. For example, The Song Remains the Same from the movie TSRTS was a favorite, then it was Since I’ve Been Loving You from that same video. For a long time now I’ve been watching the crap out of Achilles Last Stand from the Knebworth 79 concert.

Does anyone know of a site to download an mp3 of this live version of Achilles Last Stand? I’d love to have that on my IRiver.

Dustin

oh come on if you can determine the worst zeppelin song you can determine the best. i agree zeppelin wrote way more good tunes than most but you can’t tell me with a straight face that you’re really into crap like “the crunge” or " your time is gonna come" or " hats off to roy what’s his name"…jeez i’ll even go as far as to throw “living loving maid”, “the immigrant song” and “the battle of evermore on the junk pile”. also dis-honorable mentions for “boogie with stu” and “black country woman”. there i said it.

[quote]swivel wrote:
oh come on if you can determine the worst zeppelin song you can determine the best. i agree zeppelin wrote way more good tunes than most but you can’t tell me with a straight face that you’re really into crap like “the crunge” or " your time is gonna come" or " hats off to roy what’s his name"…jeez i’ll even go as far as to throw “living loving maid”, “the immigrant song” and “the battle of evermore on the junk pile”. also dis-honorable mentions for “boogie with stu” and “black country woman”. there i said it.[/quote]

Ahhh!! Ouch , ouch!!! “The Crunge”?? Dooood I love that song, as well as “Black Country Woman”. “Your Time is Gonna Come” is good to. In fact I like all those you don’t. And I have a straight face typing this.

Shit I need a band-aid. My eyes are bleeding.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
swivel wrote:
oh come on if you can determine the worst zeppelin song you can determine the best. i agree zeppelin wrote way more good tunes than most but you can’t tell me with a straight face that you’re really into crap like “the crunge” or " your time is gonna come" or " hats off to roy what’s his name"…jeez i’ll even go as far as to throw “living loving maid”, “the immigrant song” and “the battle of evermore on the junk pile”. also dis-honorable mentions for “boogie with stu” and “black country woman”. there i said it.

Ahhh!! Ouch , ouch!!! “The Crunge”?? Dooood I love that song, as well as “Black Country Woman”. “Your Time is Gonna Come” is good to. In fact I like all those you don’t. And I have a straight face typing this.

[/quote]

Sacrilege! [b]SACRILEGE!![/b] I can’t believe I just read that. I am sorry for your poor soul.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
swivel wrote:

Sacrilege! [b]SACRILEGE!![/b] I can’t believe I just read that. I am sorry for your poor soul.[/quote]

Definitely. I think the only song that is a bit lacking is “The Rover”.

Dustin, you have good taste in music.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
swivel wrote:

Sacrilege! [b]SACRILEGE!![/b] I can’t believe I just read that. I am sorry for your poor soul.

Definitely. I think the only song that is a bit lacking is “The Rover”.[/quote]

oh now ya see i like the rover !! but i’m not gonna say it’s as good a tune as something like heartbreaker. are you guys saying you think the crunge is as good a song as kashmir ? your time is gonna come is better than ramble on ? black country woman holds up against going to california ?

I actually been lifing to a live version of Dazed and confused…something about the bow solo just fires me up…

[quote]The Beast wrote:
But OP, “Achilles Last Stand” is another great Zeppelin number. [/quote]

off that same album , Presence … “Nobody’s Fault But Mine” is another excellent tune.

I refuse to dis anyone who starts of contributes to a Zep thread, so I will simply give my opinion.

1. Nobody’s Fault But Mine
  2. Ramble On
  3. In the Evening
  4. When the Levee Breaks. (Mean old lady taught me to weep and moan!)
  5. Fill it in, it’s all good!

Somebody start a Stones Thread now!

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Dustin, you have good taste in music.[/quote]

Thanks, Zeppelin is what I usually listen to while I plot to overthrow the government.

Dustin

[quote]swivel wrote:
oh come on if you can determine the worst zeppelin song you can determine the best. i agree zeppelin wrote way more good tunes than most but you can’t tell me with a straight face that you’re really into crap like “the crunge” or " your time is gonna come" or " hats off to roy what’s his name"…jeez i’ll even go as far as to throw “living loving maid”, “the immigrant song” and “the battle of evermore on the junk pile”. also dis-honorable mentions for “boogie with stu” and “black country woman”. there i said it.[/quote]

May Bonzo’s spirit haunt your soul for the rest of your life.

“Your Time is Gonna Come” and “The Battle of Evermore” are two of my favorites.

Kids these days…

Dustin

Don’t dis “Boogie with Stu!”

jpb

1. Ramble On

2. Nobody’s Fault But Mine

3. Fool In The Rain

4. In The Evening

5. That’s The Way

D

[quote]Dustin wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Dustin, you have good taste in music.

Thanks, Zeppelin is what I usually listen to while I plot to overthrow the government.

Dustin[/quote]

Cool. I listen to the same thing as I plot to disseminate Zionist disinformation.

More Electric Magic…

Dustin

Favorite Zeppelin tunes in no order:

In the Evening
Lemon Song
I’m Gonna Crawl
Since I’ve Been Loving You
Battle of Evermore
The Rain Song
Trampled Under Foot
I Can’t Quit You
Achilles Last Stand

You probably notice these are fall into the epic/blues category.

[quote]btm62 wrote:
4. When the Levee Breaks. (Mean old lady taught me to weep and moan!)
[/quote]

It’s “mean old levee taught me to weep and moan.” Just thought I’d liet you know.

[quote]swivel wrote:

are you guys saying you think the crunge is as good a song as kashmir ? your time is gonna come is better than ramble on ? black country woman holds up against going to california ?[/quote]

No, but “The Crunge” is funky-ass song. I turn it up and groove to it when I hear it. “Black Country Woman” may not be “Going to Cali”, but it’s a bomb-ass accoustical. I mean he sings about his woman that treats him bad, yet reminds her he “knows” her sister.

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
Favorite Zeppelin tunes in no order:

In the Evening
Lemon Song
I’m Gonna Crawl
Since I’ve Been Loving You
Battle of Evermore
The Rain Song
Trampled Under Foot
I Can’t Quit You
Achilles Last Stand

You probably notice these are fall into the epic/blues category.[/quote]

Ah yes, The Rain Song another favorite and Achilles Last Stand as well.

D