For Those True Music Fans

For those who may have not seen this.

This is Led Zeppelin’s best song in my opinion.

Dustin

That is a great song!

jpb

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Picking a favorite Zep song is like picking your favorite kid…can’t be done! The entire catalogue is my favorite, but “Bring It On Home” always gets my blood going every time I hear it.[/quote]

Sooooo true. I think “Heartbreaker” is probably the one that gets me pumped the most. Something about the first riff that just lets you know they are about to rock.

They are so damn diverse in their music, that it’s almost impossible to nail down one song, let alone one album, as a most fav. I always have one of their CD’s in my changer. Those guys are a part of my life, as I grew up listening to them.

Big,

I grew up listening to them too and love them!

jpb

[quote]jpb wrote:
Big,

I grew up listening to them too and love them!

jpb[/quote]

Earliest memories of them is thumbing through my parents albums and finding “Houses of the Holy” and all the naked girls on the hill crawling out of what looked like septic tanks. I was like 5-6 at the time.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Picking a favorite Zep song is like picking your favorite kid…can’t be done! [/quote]

Ditto that! Although currently “Gallows Pole” is reallly, really kicking my ass. Repeatedly and without mercy. That has got to be the hardest rocking acoustic song ever done.

Ok, I though a bit longer about it, and “Ten Years Gone” is one that REALLY kicks my ass.

I was always a big fan of “In My Time Of Dying” I spent many an evening learning the drums trying to crack that song.

But OP, “Achilles Last Stand” is another great Zeppelin number. I’m also partial to a bit of “Bring It On Home”.

What a silly thread, I could just list all their songs.

[quote]The Beast wrote:
I was always a big fan of “In My Time Of Dying” I spent many an evening learning the drums trying to crack that song.

But OP, “Achilles Last Stand” is another great Zeppelin number. I’m also partial to a bit of “Bring It On Home”.

What a silly thread, I could just list all their songs.[/quote]

Achilles Last Stand is another great one, and I am partial to the drums in “In My Time of Dying” as well.

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
The Beast wrote:

What a silly thread, I could just list all their songs.

Achilles Last Stand is another great one, and I am partial to the drums in “In My Time of Dying” as well.
[/quote]

thats my fave zepp song.

Big - when am i taking your good lady drinking?

“When the Levee Breaks” is great too.

jpb

You guys ever hear Dream Theater’s cover of Achilles Last Stand? It’s on their album A Change Of Seasons, but recorded live, I think. Same great song, but way tighter than Zepp.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
LOL, see?! The longer you think about it, the more songs you think of that get you in your stomach. All those that you guys have mentioned are number 1 in my book. I can’t even pick a top 5. They are the one band who I listen to their entire catalogue, and never get tired. The greatest band ever. [/quote]

i can pick a top 5:

1. whole lotta love
  2. black dog
  3. the wanton song
  4. misty mountain hop
  5. ramble on

[quote]smallnomore wrote:
You guys ever hear Dream Theater’s cover of Achilles Last Stand? It’s on their album A Change Of Seasons, but recorded live, I think. Same great song, but way tighter than Zepp.[/quote]

Now Dream Theater are my favourite band along with Rush, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden…(blah blah blah) and their version of Achilles Last Stand is good, but doesn’t groove; I love listening to the song, but the original is better. Likewise their version of Perfect Strangers.

Carry On Wayward Son would be interesting to hear in its entirety though…what with the Yngwie Malmsteen version about - It would be interesting to hear what John Petrucci does to it. (All these songs are covered on their Marquee club sessions for those non-Dream Theater fans).

EDIT: too many buts.

[quote]supermick wrote:

thats my fave zepp song.

Big - when am i taking your good lady drinking?[/quote]

Ahh, the vikings and their travels of plunder to Britain. Great song too.

Mick, make the hop across the pond and you’re more than welcome to have a night out. Just make sure you bring me some entertainment for the night :wink:

Fuck. Viewing the videos gives me chills.

Will there ever be another band like them???

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Ok, I though a bit longer about it, and “Ten Years Gone” is one that REALLY kicks my ass.[/quote]

DAMMIT. I forgot about that one. Ok, this is an exercise in futility (I knew all along, but I had to try). I listen to their whole catalogue anyway.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Ok, I though a bit longer about it, and “Ten Years Gone” is one that REALLY kicks my ass.

DAMMIT. I forgot about that one. Ok, this is an exercise in futility (I knew all along, but I had to try). I listen to their whole catalogue anyway.[/quote]

Haha, if you’re a real Zep fan, their whole catalog is your fav. It really is pointless to try to narrow down one album or one song because each album brings a different vibe and accents different avenues of their talents.

They are one of a slim few who could take folk, rock, blues, and jazz and make it so damn successful.

“Ten Years Gone” live

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
“Ten Years Gone” live

That song makes my eyes well up. Damn I need a joint, ahahahahahahaha.