For Those Doing TRT with HCG

What is your protocol? More specifically, how is it structured? (I.e. Do you take your T on Monday then take your HCG on Thursday and Saturday etc…?? How much T and HCG o you take? I understand some people take every other day, but I would like to know what your “sweet spot” is. My doc prescribed 1500i/u weekly along with my T (decided to get on HCG after just taking T and an ai for 9 months to “spring back” my fertility.) anyways, I’m thinking 1500i/u per week is a bit high, however, I’m no doctor!

Higher dose hCG can lead to high T–>E2 inside the testes creating elevated E2 and anastrozole cannot work inside the testes. hCG is also costly

There is no sweet spot. If you want higher T levels, hCG is an expensive way to get that, it that works at all. Injected T is way more cost effective.

250iu hCG SC EOD is a LH replacement dose. If sperm count is low, use low dose Nolvadex 20mg EOD instead of hCG. Most docs insist on clomid which does many guys to feel horrible. If that works OK for you, 25mg OED. Higher dose SERMs cause same problems as hCG.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

I’m currently on on T and anastrazol. Feeling good, just wanted to bring back/preserve fertility. So my doctor prescribed HCG in addition to the testosterone. I reconstituted 1100 i/u with 5.5ml bac water and he wants me to take 75 units (which if I understand correctly equals 1500 i/u). Anyways, that’s why I wanted to hear out other members protocols, because to me this seems like a very high dose compared to what I’ve heard other folks taking.

I have also been prescribed this same dosage of HCG to be injected 1X/wk. My protocol is 100 ml test enanth inject 2x/week IM with 1 mg arimidex oral at same time. When I asked the Empower pharmacist he expressed no concern at all regarding this HCG dose.

When I questioned the Dr about apparent high HCG dose he said that he wanted to keep the testes working so the injected testosterone would supplement, not completely replace, natural production.

I will get my first labs at 6 weeks in (mid November '17) and see where I am. If there is anything anomalous that might be the result of high HCG I will report on this thread.