For the Rugby Fans

Here’s the official site for the governing body of rugby league in the US.

[quote]bg100 wrote:

I found that although I liked union before I actually played it for a season, I really didn’t appreciate everything that goes on in the game until I had experienced it for myself. So it is very much the sort of game you have to play to be able to appreciate it as a spectator, especially the Test matches where the games are a lot tighter than the Super 12 competition where tries seem to be scored every 10 minutes and the ball is thrown around a lot more. Only guys who have actually played in a forward pack can really appreciate what goes on in rucks, mauls and scrums.

In league it is much more a case of what you see is what you get, and thus is a much easier game to teach because it can be visualised a lot better by the people learning the game.[/quote]

The first union game I watched was a New Zealand try orgie, and I was hooked instantly. But, like you said, it really took playing the game to appreciate the slow/tight games.

[quote]Witchfinder wrote:
Here’s the official site for the governing body of rugby league in the US.

Yeah…I almost took a job on the east coast to play league. Apparently, my wife didn’t think taking a small pay cut, leaving family, and moving half-way across the country to play a game was a good idea.

I just don’t understand women.

League is easier to follow for the fan that does not understand the game.

I prefer Union, but I will watch League if given half a chance.