For the Aussies: Johnny Howard or K-Rudd

Just after a general opinion poll here. In the upcoming federal elections, who would you rather have as the next Prime Minister of Australia?

Johnny or K-Rudd?

lol

Personally I’d rather go for Kevin “07” Rudd. He seems a little bit bland and purse-lipped, but I’ve had enough of Howard and his antics. He’s a slimy little bastard and has been in office long enough. Not to mention that he’ll be handing over the reigns to Peter Costello in the near future.

I’m not sure if the strength of the economy and the Aussie dollar right now can be attributed to Howard rubbing shoulders with Bush, but somehow I don’t really believe working families in Australia have never been better off under his term as PM. Sure, more people here can afford plasma TVs and shiny new cars now, but can that really be attributed to the work of Johnny? Or is it just the natural progression of the world and technological development? I’d say the latter.

Oh, well…obviously not a strong representation of my fellow countrymen in this section of the forum. lol

oh hell I’ll add to it. I would like to see Kevin Rudd in power not because he is a better choice, simply because 12 years is 2 long for either side to be in power. Though really what will change? how different are they really? I wonder what the americans think of a new and possibly different prime minister? if they know or care

Well I don’t think most Americans would give a rat’s ass about the results of our election because to them, we are just a small backwater country and too far away for even a holiday, lol.

I do think Rudd is a strong contender for the title at the moment, though.

What difference will it make? Who knows…I think there will be a change, and hopefully a better one.

Haha to true. Rudd seems to be riding the wave of populism though I can’t say I approve of how he’s doing so. By appealling to the lowest common denominator sure he’ll get votes but he may end up supporting policies that thoroughly embrace mediocrity.

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
Well I don’t think most Americans would give a rat’s ass about the results of our election because to them, we are just a small backwater country and too far away for even a holiday, lol.

I do think Rudd is a strong contender for the title at the moment, though.

What difference will it make? Who knows…I think there will be a change, and hopefully a better one.[/quote]

Wrong.

Many Americans (minus far left dems) appreciate your unwavering support in this and most other wars.

JeffR

P.S. Good Guys prefer Howard.

When the election is over I highly doubt either one will rush to pull troops out of iraq or anywhere else. Its all just inane promises to get people to vote for them by making them feel good about what they are doing. I guess we’ll see.

I hate John Howard so much I voted for Kim Beazley and then Mark Latham.

So to say I’ll happily vote for K-Rudd is a massive understatement…

K rudd ftw! this guy is actually smart and a good gentlemen imo