For Our Resident Stoners

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Very nice my friend.

I actually like using a very short vegitative growth phase as the shorter plants are less ‘rangy’. You get more of a single, large cola, all of which is strongly exposed to light, rather than the usual loss of light intensity the further down you go.

But of course, I do not grow cannabis :wink:

BBB[/quote]

Have you ever tried a ScrOG? (Screen of Green) Basically you put a screen of chicken wire or something horizontally about a foot above your growing medium. Then you have train the branches in and around the chicken wire and end up with pretty massive colas in very little space.

You veg for a very brief period of time, and then you basically end up with a horizontal pad of leaves and colas, all of which get direct light from your lamp.

…it’s an indica? No, it’s a sativa! Arjan’s Haze #3, have a look, it’s worth the watch…

…this is an example of a SCReen Of Green. Mind you, it’s only 3 plants here:

Fuck Jamie Eason…put these in the “motivational pictures” area!!

I’m actually not kidding.

ephrem wrote:
…this is an example of a SCReen Of Green. Mind you, it’s only 3 plants here:

I have only heard of the ‘sea of green’ method, which uses a screen anyway (or am I getting confused?). Anyway, it looks just like your image, though the tops of the plants were ‘woven’ into the mesh to lay the colas parallel to the light beam for more even intensity. It also means you can get the light much closer to the average plant mass, as long as you use a fan to cool the plant tops.

Anyway, that’s 3 plants??? That’s impressive. You obviously know what you are doing. Are yours in pots or hydroponics?

BBB[/quote]

…in a SOG you usually have your plants grow through a net, so when they grow tall and heavy they don’t fall over. In a SCROG you’d do it as you said; you tie every branch to a sturdy screen to maximize light exposure for every bud…

…the pic is an example of a scrog, but sadly not mine. I can’t even get to my plants in the back because the closet is just that; a closet: 80cm by 100cm by 260cm. That leaves no room for actual gardening (-: This is tiny Holland after all…

Bump. This thread got me interested in growing some crops myself.

Maybe you and I (ephrem) could talk about this via PM?

…sure, ga je gang!

hey ephrem, put some fairy light on one of them, take a picture and use that as your christmass cards this year… that would be awesome :slight_smile:

…i might just do that (-:

…buds are getting bigger and bigger!

…last one for now…

This thread is for stoners what the t-vixen pic thread is to the guys on SAMA…

timbofirstblood wrote:
bushidobadboy wrote:
Very nice my friend.

I actually like using a very short vegitative growth phase as the shorter plants are less ‘rangy’. You get more of a single, large cola, all of which is strongly exposed to light, rather than the usual loss of light intensity the further down you go.

But of course, I do not grow cannabis :wink:

BBB

Have you ever tried a ScrOG? (Screen of Green) Basically you put a screen of chicken wire or something horizontally about a foot above your growing medium. Then you have train the branches in and around the chicken wire and end up with pretty massive colas in very little space.

You veg for a very brief period of time, and then you basically end up with a horizontal pad of leaves and colas, all of which get direct light from your lamp.

Well er, let’s say that hypothetically someone I know might have tried the ‘Sea of green’ approach back in the day. They might have found it to be OK, but messy when it came to harvest time and tended to produce lots of little buds rather than one plant which was essentially ALL cola as with the very short veg growth phase (which was no more that a week or two, just to establish the roots of the cuttings). ‘BigBud’ might have been the strain at the time.

However this purely fictional happening would have taken place over 10 years ago - if it happened at all.

BBB[/quote]

THat is a method that is used when the number of plants is an issue.

When everything over x plants is a crime or a federal offense people tend to stay below that number and make the most of it.

If that is not a issue sea of green makes the most sense yield wise.

This thread. It wins. It wins everything.

[quote]rondastarr wrote:
This thread is for stoners what the t-vixen pic thread is to the guys on SAMA…[/quote]

Most of my time spent on the t-vixen thread is when I’m stoned regardless :D.

Weed makes women hotter. It makes EPIC of the t-vixen thread turn into LEGENDARY.

Everyone gets bumped up a notch.