For Mirko Cro Cop Fans

Heres a few pics from January 2008, looks like he’s not done just yet.

Good, he still has a lot of fight in him!

The best there is.

I’ve been a longtime Cro Cop fan, and it was hard to watch that fight against Kongo. The Gonzaga fight was a bit surprising, only in that he got head-kicked into next week. I thought Gonzaga had a chance, though, from the outset. Kongo was tailor-made for Cro Cop to pick apart, but he never pulled the trigger.

Hopefully those 2 losses lit a fire under his ass and he’ll come back ready to go the next time he fights. I think he can still be a factor in the HW division. If he can put together several wins, he’s still marketable enough to the point that if you put him in a title fight, it’d do good business.

Thanks for the update. So you’re saying there’s a chance. I thought he was going to waltz into the UFC and take the title. I suppose that’s why they fight. The suprising thing with Kongo is that he took Cro-Cop down a couple of times.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
I thought he was going to waltz into the UFC and take the title… The suprising thing with Kongo is that he took Cro-Cop down a couple of times.[/quote]

Yeah, same here. Hurrah CroCop! Come back and get some.

Honestly, the heavyweight division sucks so badly right now that anyone is a year from a title shot. Mirko can still do it. I’m clinging on to hope!

i was devistated when crocop lost to gonzanga, i so hope he returns on form and finishes with bang

Fuck training, I want to see him talking with a guidance counselor or something. Mirko winning has never had anything to do with his training, it has everything to do with Mirko’s head wanting to win.

Go Mirko!

WAR CROCOP!

Actually, the biggest reason for optimism regarding Crocop can be that guy in the turquoise kit in the first picture in this thread.

That’s Marijan “Ziza” Zizanovic, Mirko’s trainer from his golden days in K-1, and a legend of thai boxing in Europe. If you look carefully in the picture, you may notice his crooked feet, courtesy of thousands upon thousands of leg kicks.

Unlike the previous years, when Mirko surrounded himself with “yes” men, it’s seems that he is going back to his roots, to a guy that can be an authority to him.

Ziza is reportedly kicking his ass in training and I expect to see Mirko’s striking better than ever.

[quote]loppar wrote:
Actually, the biggest reason for optimism regarding Crocop can be that guy in the turquoise kit in the first picture in this thread.

That’s Marijan “Ziza” Zizanovic, Mirko’s trainer from his golden days in K-1, and a legend of thai boxing in Europe. If you look carefully in the picture, you may notice his crooked feet, courtesy of thousands upon thousands of leg kicks.

Unlike the previous years, when Mirko surrounded himself with “yes” men, it’s seems that he is going back to his roots, to a guy that can be an authority to him.

Ziza is reportedly kicking his ass in training and I expect to see Mirko’s striking better than ever.[/quote]

Now there is cause for hope.

[quote]loppar wrote:

Ziza is reportedly kicking his ass in training and I expect to see Mirko’s striking better than ever.[/quote]

Excellent Information! Thats very intresting to learn about that Zira legs. Id say through thick and thin,throught loss and defeat,Crocop is still going to be number one to me.

It was sad to see that loss to Kongo. I’m afraid as great as CroCop is we’re finding out he’s just like everyone else, he loses sometimes too.

I’m also wondering how much of his “Amazing takedown defense” was overhyped seeing as how he was taken down BY CHEIK KONGO!!! Much respect to both fighters, but that’s a serious statement.

[quote]Deserteaglle wrote:
It was sad to see that loss to Kongo. I’m afraid as great as CroCop is we’re finding out he’s just like everyone else, he loses sometimes too.

I’m also wondering how much of his “Amazing takedown defense” was overhyped seeing as how he was taken down BY CHEIK KONGO!!! Much respect to both fighters, but that’s a serious statement.[/quote]

Tough to have amazing takedown defense with a broken rib which apparently happened in the 1st round. This would also explain why he wasn’t throwing much after round 1 and looked gunshy for the remainder of the fight.

[quote]loppar wrote:

nice!

Cro Cop has looked pretty poor on his feet in recent fights. He needs to get it back and stop worrying about the ground game so much. Destroy people standing, sprawl like a beast and stall stall stall on the ground.