For Lack of a Better Term... Bicep Boner?

So tomorrow I will have been going to the gym for a month. Yesterday was chest/biceps day and I always try to go to failure with the exercises I do. I was giving my biceps quite the workout when something kinda strange happened that hasn’t happened before. My right bicep (right is my dominant side) had…for lack of a better way to describe it…a boner. The term doesn’t even fit well, I just can’t think of a good way to describe it. It was a weird feeling only in my right bicep. Completely painless. Imagine your muscle was a balloon not a full balloon but one that has a little room left in it so it’s still squishy. Now imagine you have a ring that is much smaller than the the balloon and you are trying to fit the balloon through the ring, you push and push and finally get a little bulb to pop through the ring. If you can imagine what that bulb feels like . The tightness, ect. That bulb is what my bicep felt like. That’s the best way I can describe how it felt.

I was just wondering if this is normal or not. Has it happened to other people? Should I be worried, or is that feeling something I should be shooting for all the time? Is there a freaking name for it?

I don’t think I pulled a muscle. I pulled a muscle trying to get that last tricep pulldown one time. It freaking hurt. This was completely painless.

Wipe down the equipment afterwards…

1 Like

Ah, okay so this is natural. Good. Is it something I should be aiming for all the time? With all areas?

All areas.

Just go easy on the hip thrusts