For Hyok (natural eye improvement)

Hey Hyok, I’m interested in doing natural eye improvement also, but I don’t know where to start (I’ve searched the internet, can’t find much or at least don’t know what is worthy of taking an extended look at). Can you point me in the right direction… any good books or web sites? My problem is that I’m getting nearsighted and always having to stare at a computer screen doesn’t seem to help. It’s progressively getting worse. I’m about to get my driver’s license renewed and if they check my vision I don’t want to have to get a stupid driving glasses restriction.
Can I ask you a few questions about natural eye improvement, since you obviously had sucess doing it? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the shortness of this reply, but I’m a bit busy right now. I’ll post a longer message later. The best way to improve your eyesight is to never let it get bad in the first place. If you spent hours looking at a screen, you may need to get a pair of reading glasses with a very weak prescription. Perhaps +1.25. You can buy one almost anywhere. This will allow your eyes to relax and see the screen as if it was much farther away. Take frequent breaks and make your eyes see things up close and far a few times. The key is to prevent the eyes from being locked into a set focus. I hope this helps.

I can’t answer your question you asked, but give you some of my personal experience on this. I have always had 20/20 vision. About 10 years ago, I noticed some slight blurring at distances. Not enough to worry, just bothersome…“damn, I’m getting old”. Anyway, I bought a pair of those “blue blocker” sunglasses. Damn things gave me a headache. I kept trying them and finally one day when I didn’t have them on, I noticed that seems weren’t quite as clear. It scared me, because I thought that I was getting to depend on them, and that my vision would get worse. But, after a few years of use, my vision returned to its near perfect state. I lost those sunglasses and bought a different pair, non-blue blocker. Well, my vision over the next couple of years regressed to a semi-far-blurred state. I bought another pair of blue blockers about 5 months ago and now my vision is getting better. I think the light that is being blocked is responsible for some eye degeneration. At least that is what happened in my case. Heck for $20, its a cheap try anyway.

Thanks guys, that’s good advice already. I wish eye doctors were more into this instead of just prescribing glasses. The eye doctor I went to didn’t even bother to mention that I should wear reading glasses to avoid eyestrain. I guess they figure they can’t make a profit if people improve their vision naturally. Either that or the field is full of ignorance, kind of like the bodybuilding field. Good thing there’s a forum for us to share our intelligence on these issues.

Bilberry improves blood circulation in the eye and as far as I know has never failed to work in improving the eyesight of the people I have recommended it to. During World War II the GI’s in Europe drank bilberry tea and noticed their eyesight improved. Thats how they discovered its benefits over here. It shouldn’t be too expensive either you can pick it up at any health food store.

I have a suggestion for you if you are near-sighted. Many years ago my grand father developed a technique for curing this condition with contacts. Today it is called orthokeratology and my great uncle still works in the field. Basically the eyes are scanned topographically and a special lense is created to reshape your eye. Kind of like braces for the eyes. My brother is currently going through treatments from my great uncle for a rare genetic disorder of the eye and has had remarkable success. Try searching with google with key words like orthokeratology and Newton K. Wesley. Wesley is my great uncle and founder of NK Wesley-Jessen. If you want any more information I can get it for you but I think the web has enough. You will also see how crappy radiokeratology is compared to this. Orthokeratology is non-invasive and a permanent fix.

Hey, I’m no expert on the eye but, I believe there are tiny muscles for focusing the lenses in the eyes. If the eyes are constantly focused on a fixed point then the muscles would atropy. I’d heard a good exercise is to pick two points, one close and one a distance away and then alternate your focus between the two for a few minutes every day. Threat the eye’s like you would the rest of your body. Exercise em. Hope this helps.
Jong