For Guys That Count Macros...

What is your ratio of P/C/F and how many calories do you consume a day? Have you tweaked it over the years and gotten different results?

This thread may help.

Dude, this is like asking “how do you train? has it changed over the years?”

Show me a guy who’s eating same ratio P/C/F and same calories day in and day out, and I’ll show you someone who’s not making progress anymore.

The answer to your question should be subject to change every week.

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

Show me a guy who’s eating same ratio P/C/F and same calories day in and day out, and I’ll show you someone who’s not making progress anymore.

The answer to your question should be subject to change every week. [/quote]

Thanks for that.

So do you count your macros and if so, what’s the ratio?

[quote]illadelphia91 wrote:

This thread may help. [/quote]

Thanks.

[quote]solarFLARE wrote:

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

The answer to your question should be subject to change every week. [/quote]

Thanks for that.

So do you count your macros and if so, what’s the ratio?[/quote]

lol…yes I do. They change week to week.

Yesterday I ate 700 carb 200p and 60f

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
Yesterday I ate 700 carb 200p and 60f[/quote]

700 carbs! That’s more than I eat in a week

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

700 carbs! That’s more than I eat in a week[/quote]

I’m sorry that suck :). Did a quick 2 week cut to shed water and fat 3 days of 150c, 4 days 600-800, the rest 300-400 and I dropped 12 lbs total :). Plus higher fats do nothing for me other than digestive issues. Carbs make me feel amazing

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

I’m sorry that suck :). Did a quick 2 week cut to shed water and fat 3 days of 150c, 4 days 600-800, the rest 300-400 and I dropped 12 lbs total :). Plus higher fats do nothing for me other than digestive issues. Carbs make me feel amazing [/quote]

Yup I’m basically Ryan lite. lol. Carbs do great for me, and past a certain point too much fats or protein just give me digestions issues.

OP, this week I ate 500g C, 220g P, 90g F. Today I will get some adjustments for the week.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

I’m sorry that suck :). Did a quick 2 week cut to shed water and fat 3 days of 150c, 4 days 600-800, the rest 300-400 and I dropped 12 lbs total :). Plus higher fats do nothing for me other than digestive issues. Carbs make me feel amazing [/quote]

Yup I’m basically Ryan lite. lol. Carbs do great for me, and past a certain point too much fats or protein just give me digestions issues.

OP, this week I ate 500g C, 220g P, 90g F. Today I will get some adjustments for the week.[/quote]

couple of pre-diabetic chubsters in here eh? Just kidding…

I experimented with lowering my carbs right down and there was no drop in performance or muscle gain, so I’ve just eaten low carb ever since. It just seems to make zero difference whether or not I eat a ton of carbs or practically none. I do, of course, refeed every now and then and notice a slightly better pump for a day or two but again, there’s no real difference in performance.

I figure I can get more nutrients replacing things like rice or tatties with fibrous veg so that’s what I do.

I do eat quite a large portion of carbs with my dinner just because my girlfriend and I have dinner together so it’s a bit more of a ‘normal’ meal if you know what I mean, but that’s really the only meal that has much carbs.

I tracked my macros for this past week because I wanted to see how much im eating and what. I was about 375 carb/ 230 pro/ 70 fat, and I’m not gaining weight so I need to up some calories. It’s either gonna be protein or carbs, I was hesitant to increase carbs because it seemed high already but after reading spidey’s and ryan’s amounts I don’t think I have to worry lol. I’ll just add in some around my workout, even though I’m already taking in about 100 carbs pre and 130 post.

And x2 on the fats. If I eat too much fat in a meal I just fart all day it seems, so I think 60-70 seems to work for me.

I don’t really notice much drop in performance with low carbs, but I don’t really want to eat enough fat to be in a surplus with that as the main macro.

Currently losing bf and maintinaing size at 275g protein, 115g carbs and 115g fat

1.2g protein per lb, and 0.5g per lb of fat and carbs

Follow this 6 days a week and then 1 day cheat day which consists of must have minimum 1g/lb bw

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:
Did a quick 2 week cut…I dropped 12 lbs total[/quote]

That’s a good thing?

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

That’s a good thing?
[/quote]

It’s bad?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

OP, this week I ate 500g C, 220g P, 90g F. Today I will get some adjustments for the week.[/quote]

I experimented with lowering my carbs right down and there was no drop in performance or muscle gain, so I’ve just eaten low carb ever since. It just seems to make zero difference whether or not I eat a ton of carbs or practically none. I do, of course, refeed every now and then and notice a slightly better pump for a day or two but again, there’s no real difference in performance.

I figure I can get more nutrients replacing things like rice or tatties with fibrous veg so that’s what I do.

I do eat quite a large portion of carbs with my dinner just because my girlfriend and I have dinner together so it’s a bit more of a ‘normal’ meal if you know what I mean, but that’s really the only meal that has much carbs.[/quote]

I I still go through 6 heads of lettuce and 2.5lbs of spinach a week. I try to make sure to get my greens in

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

I do eat quite a large portion of carbs with my dinner just because my girlfriend and I have dinner together so it’s a bit more of a ‘normal’ meal if you know what I mean, but that’s really the only meal that has much carbs.[/quote]

I I still go through 6 heads of lettuce and 2.5lbs of spinach a week. I try to make sure to get my greens in
[/quote]
Ha that sounds like me ryan.You get some crazy look’s when your buying 6 heads of lettuce for the week plus all the other veggies In your cart.

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[/quote]
Ha that sounds like me ryan.You get some crazy look’s when your buying 6 heads of lettuce for the week plus all the other veggies In your cart.[/quote]

It’s better on a night when I want sweets and feel like hitting my whole carb total from dirty food. Check out people look at me like I am a crack addict.

[quote]jppage wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[/quote]
Ha that sounds like me ryan.You get some crazy look’s when your buying 6 heads of lettuce for the week plus all the other veggies In your cart.[/quote]

I always late night binge on the frozen asparagus spears from Trader Joe’s. Pisses me roommates off because it stinks up the bathroom…lol.

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

That’s a good thing?
[/quote]

It’s bad?[/quote]

At that rate over such a short period; how can the loss be anything but water manipulation? Is there some alteration to the training?