Football Training Routine

Hi everybody

My coach wants me to bulk up. I train with a full body routine. I’d like to know what’s the best routine to bulk up as fast as possible. With FB for instance I use 55 for strength and 38 for hypertrophy so what should i do if I don’t want strenght but just gain weight? Is a split better?

fork lifts work wonders

Why the hell in baby Jesus’s name would you not want to become any stronger???

Playing FOOTBALL.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I don’t really know how to answer your question about bulking up without strength or whatever…

but a great book for well-rounded football training is: Coach Davies “Rengade Training for Football”. I love this book and used his techniques all the time when I played lacrosse and rugby. (I still use his techniques in my training program now). The strength moves outlined in the book are combination olympic/power moves designed for ultimate power and strength. He also includes agility and sprint info applicable to playing the field.

Gaining weight doesn’t take a PHD, Eat and lift more? Since you say you don’t care about strenght (No fuckin idea why), whether you gain muscle or fat doesn’t matter. So eat alot more then you are now, and lift more, or harder…

[quote]texmeister wrote:
Hi everybody

My coach wants me to bulk up. I train with a full body routine. I’d like to know what’s the best routine to bulk up as fast as possible. With FB for instance I use 55 for strength and 38 for hypertrophy so what should i do if I don’t want strenght but just gain weight? Is a split better?[/quote]

You’re asking this question NOW, when Fall Camp has started at pretty much every FB team across the country? You’re behind the 8-ball, son. Enjoy riding the pine.

I also train to gain strength. In my routine i use “the 5*5”. But my coch told me " be heavy" ok but with muscle not fat. So I don’t need strenght for instant I need muscle and I wondered if only doing my lifts with format for hypertrophy would be better?

[quote]texmeister wrote:
I also train to gain strength. In my routine i use “the 5*5”. But my coch told me " be heavy" ok but with muscle not fat. So I don’t need strenght for instant I need muscle and I wondered if only doing my lifts with format for hypertrophy would be better?

[/quote]

Tell your coach thanks for not making it clear what he wanted your goals to be in the offseason way back in Nov/Dec. Oh, and use the search tool on this site.

A 3x3 followed five weeks later (four weeks on, one rest week) by a 5x5 program.

Squats, deads, benching, snatches and power cleans. Supplement this with rows, dips and chins, lunges, millitary presses, cuban roations and bent lateral raises. Add to this plyometrics and core/neck training and football specific agility and footwork and skills drills.

Lift three days a week and warm-up with some ladder drills and other footwork and stretch, work on agility and plyos twice a week. Sport-specific meaning, back-pedal, run routes, work on getting out of your stance, catch passes or throw 'em, hit the tackling dummy, take hand-offs or practice handing-off, work play-action et al.

And by-God, eat man ! EAT !

It does seem a little late…your season should be starting now (or at least the practices).

But anyway, you want to gain weight. For an example, say you need 2500cals each day to maintain bodyweight. To gain weight you need more (3000,3500,etc). If you don’t you will not gain weight. Look to your diet for bodyweight changes, as long as your hitting the weights with good compound exercises you will be giving the body the stimulus it needs to build muscle.

Chicken, eggs, beef, cottage cheese, etc. Make sure your getting enough protein (every meal) as well as all the other nutrients.