T Nation

Football Training Regime

Ok. Here are my stats, i am 5’9 145lbs, i am a running back in football. Here is my program:

Monday:

Phi Slamma Jamma
Proprioceptors
As many pull ups as i can do (its during gym class)
Stabilty Ball Ab Program

Tuesday:

Military Press - 2x10
Bench Press - 2x10
Incline Bench Press - 2x10
Bicep Curls - 2x10
Push Ups - 5x20 or 10x10
High Pulls - 2x10

Wednesday:

Proprioceptors
Snatch Grip Deadlifts - 5x5
GHR’s - 8x5
Stabilty Ball Ab Program

Thursday:

Military Press - 2x10
Bench Press - 2x10
Incline Bench Press - 2x10
Bicep Curls - 2x10
Push Ups - 5x20 or 10x10
High Pulls - 2x10

Friday:

Phi Slamma Jamma
Proprioceptors
Stabilty Ball Ab Program

Most of you probably don’t know what Phi Slamma Jamma is. It is a plyometric program performed with jumpsoles. (www.jumpusa.com) the plyo’s include depth jumps, lateral cone hops, and rim jumps. the lifts include squat lunges and step ups.

What do you all think? I want to put in power cleans to does anyone see where i can put them?

Thanks

Respectfully I wouldn’t consider this program appropriate in preparing you for the gridiron.

If I can help feel free to ask.

In faith,

Coach Davies

You need some help with that program. PM me.

Ok. List what’s wrong. I’ll take all suggestions.

Phi slamma jamma…haven’t heard that one in a while. If I were you I would get a coach davies program, which you can find conveintally on his site (www.renegadtraining.com).
Coach D is a great help and if you choose to use his programs you will succeed.
Good luck
Will

Philly,

Like Coach D, I am also a trainer, and find his programs to be very good. You will definitely build a great base and a toughening will occur on his program.

Phi Slamma Jamma… hehehe… good one. I haven’t heard that in a while.

You seem to be resourseful, and dedicated. You might ask Coach D to give you some links or suggestions to startout, then if you find yourself changing, and you will, I would suggest saving up for a program of his… they are very good, especially for your position. He is very generous with his knowledge, but like most of us, expects you to give something in return… if you aren’t paying for the knowledge, pay with dedication… I think Coach D will respect that.

But, My little buddy…be ready to work…

If you commit, Coach D will really help change you…
I almost always use his stuff for a period after a layoff, and poof (or better puke), my GPP sky rockets.

Good Luck.

Lil’ Coach H
CSCS

• just an general comment and I apologize if I am derailing your thread…but don’t you just love this time of year. That something special burning inside that awakens, training for a season, a hunt well into the future.

In faith,

Coach Davies

Yup training for football.

i trained in season doing 3x8 deadlift, bench, and squat before i knew much i still don’t know a lot but i’ve been researching.

Read Coach D’s articles and CT’s here and check out the training logs (Coach H, X) and QnA at elitefts. There is plenty of great info between the two sites.

Also, If you are new I’d reccomend buying CT’s Black Book of Training Secrets from T-mag. This book, although somewhat advanced, is easy to understand and will help greatly in the design of your own training program. Hell, it includes a 12 week football program

What squattin600 said X 2

Lil’ Coach H

You could also buy Coach Davies book Renegade training for football. It’s an awesome book and will definitely pack on the pounds. There is an article on elitefts.com by Jim Wendler who played D I football at Arizona and is now an ELite POwerlifter, it’s about training for the HS athlete here is the link

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/training-high-school-athletes.htm