Football Testing Results

My division-III college football team recently held its spring testing combine. Going into my sophomore season I was one of the most impressive athletes who tested. I started at linebacker last year as a freshman and will most likely do the same next year. I have been using T-Nation for about 4 or 5 months now doing different workouts by CT and Thibs. Here are my testing results for the spring combine:

Height: 5’11"
Weight: 200 - (Up 10lbs. from fall)

Squat: 350 x 8
Clean: 210 x 8 (easily - just started cleaning)
Agility (5-10-5): 4.43
40: 4.59 - top 5 (ran 4.62 in the fall when I was 10lbs. lighter!)
Bench: 225 x 11 (upset with my bench test because I chest very hard, other LB’s did almost 20 reps)
Vertical: 30"
Pull-ups: 15 - 1st place

A few goals for this coming season’s testing:

Weight: 205lbs.
Squat: 375 x 8
Clean 250 x 8
Agility 4.2
40: 4.5
Vertical: 31"
Pull-ups: 25
Bench: 225 x 15

I appreciate all of you reading this. I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how I could get more reps on the bench. Which exercises? I’ve been doing lots of flys which have made my chest bigger, but not necessarily stronger. I was planning on going back to more regular flat and incline work, as well as DB’s on a stability ball. I look forward to your responses.

• Ethan

as far as adding reps to your bench, the best thing you can do is work on your triceps. Odds are your chest is much stronger, so that’s not the limiting factor. add strength and endurance to the tris and you should see a substantial increase in bench reps.

[quote]throwloud wrote:
as far as adding reps to your bench, the best thing you can do is work on your triceps. Odds are your chest is much stronger, so that’s not the limiting factor. add strength and endurance to the tris and you should see a substantial increase in bench reps.[/quote]

To tell you the truth, my triceps are one of my strongest muscle groups - I believe that my tricps are trying to take over for my chest and that’s why I fail so quickly. Any thoughts on that?

Then just keep grinding away with BB/DB bench and dips. also, check your bench form. grip and bar path can play a significant role in how many reps you can do.

What team are you on because I to am a D- III football player on a team known for being good but this year because of injuries and people leaving and a strength coach being non existant I think we are much weaker.
I was the strongest kid (people gone and hurt)
with only a 600 squat, 350 clean, and 365 bench all one rep max no calculated

my squat was decent but my other lifts sucked

yo if you go to the Wesleyan University in CT., i am right down the street from you. i go to Trinity College. i don’t play football though, although i could have, i decided to sprint in track instead of playing football and get ruined by dudes like you. (i’m 5’7" 160 with a 4.38 40 yard dash…unfortunately when i run that fast and hit someone 40-100 lbs. heavier than me, i end up gettin f’d up more than the person i’m hitting…a shoulder surgery, hip surgery, and liver laceration surgery later i decided to quit…haha)

id be willing to bet my left nut you dont run a 4.37!

[quote]SonOfTroy9 wrote:
id be willing to bet my left nut you dont run a 4.37![/quote]

i’d bet your left nut that i don’t run a 4.37 either…i said i ran a 4.38. handtime, at the Holy Cross College Football Combine two years ago. 3 coaches and a scout had me at first try 4.46, second try 4.41, third try in front of all 300 kids at the camp 4.38. regardless i could care less what you think, i’d bet my whole sack i’d smoke you.

1. Aren’t CT and Thibs the same guy?

2. I get to use this for the second time today:

But it is another Canadian, Ben Johnson, who is believed to have run 40 yards faster than any human in history. Johnson is best known for injecting copious amounts of steroids and winning the 100 meters at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul in 9.79 seconds, only to have his gold medal and world record stripped after failing a post-race drug test.

Timing officials have since broken down that famed race into 10-meter increments, and Johnson was so preposterously fast that he went through 50 meters in 5.52 seconds and 60 meters in 6.37 – both under the current world records at those distances. He went through 40 yards that day in 4.38 seconds.

He was running in spikes . . . on a warm afternoon perfectly suited for sprinting . . . with a slight tailwind . . . with years of training from arguably track’s top coach, Charlie Francis . . . with Carl Lewis and six others of the fastest men on the planet chasing him . . . with 69,000 people roaring at Seoul’s Olympic Stadium . . . with hundreds of millions of people watching on TV . . . with the ultimate prize in sports, an Olympic gold medal, at stake.

And, as we learned later, with muscles built with the assistance of the anabolic steroid stanazolol.

Four-point-three-eight seconds.

[quote]doogie wrote:

1. Aren’t CT and Thibs the same guy?

2. I get to use this for the second time today:

But it is another Canadian, Ben Johnson, who is believed to have run 40 yards faster than any human in history. Johnson is best known for injecting copious amounts of steroids and winning the 100 meters at the 1988 Olympics in Seoul in 9.79 seconds, only to have his gold medal and world record stripped after failing a post-race drug test.

Timing officials have since broken down that famed race into 10-meter increments, and Johnson was so preposterously fast that he went through 50 meters in 5.52 seconds and 60 meters in 6.37 – both under the current world records at those distances. He went through 40 yards that day in 4.38 seconds.

He was running in spikes . . . on a warm afternoon perfectly suited for sprinting . . . with a slight tailwind . . . with years of training from arguably track’s top coach, Charlie Francis . . . with Carl Lewis and six others of the fastest men on the planet chasing him . . . with 69,000 people roaring at Seoul’s Olympic Stadium . . . with hundreds of millions of people watching on TV . . . with the ultimate prize in sports, an Olympic gold medal, at stake.

And, as we learned later, with muscles built with the assistance of the anabolic steroid stanazolol.

Four-point-three-eight seconds.[/quote]

first of all, don’t talk to me like an idiot like i don’t know who ben johnson is. second, stop being a douchebag and maybe like, turn on ESPN or watch the NFL Network and you will see that each year there are dozens of NFL draft prospects that run sub 4.3s and sub 4.2s, two years ago, the punt returner for the Buffalo Bills ran a 4.18. Deion Sanders showed up late to the NFL combine, ran a 4.28, and left. the rest is history. also, if you knew anything about track and field, you would know that in the 100m dash, there are phases to your race, i.e. explosion phase, acceleration phase, drive phase, maintenance phase. running a 100m dash is extremely different than running a 40 yard dash.

now to explain it in laymen’s terms for you, the explosion phase, accleration phase, and drive phase of a 100m dash are much longer than a 40 yard dash because fo the distance so it takes more time. so if you take that 4.38 second 40 yard dash and do the math to figure out what that “pace” would be for the 100m dash (110 yards) you would get that his 100m dash time should have been 12.045 seconds. he ran a 9.79 because you build relative speed. he runs much faster as he builds speed.

next time you want to throw out some stupid shit at me, make sure u know what ur talking about.

and yes, i have read that article before which basically shows you that 40 yard times are basically useless and are only useful and relative compared to the kids you are running against. the second fastest kid at the combine ran a 4.41. are you trying to tell me that no one in the country has ever had someone time them under a 4.38? that is ridiculous and you are sheltered. i was just stating what my time was when it was timed. so stop hating.

[quote]bigblue244 wrote:
SonOfTroy9 wrote:
id be willing to bet my left nut you dont run a 4.37!

i’d bet your left nut that i don’t run a 4.37 either…i said i ran a 4.38. handtime, at the Holy Cross College Football Combine two years ago. 3 coaches and a scout had me at first try 4.46, second try 4.41, third try in front of all 300 kids at the camp 4.38. regardless i could care less what you think, i’d bet my whole sack i’d smoke you.[/quote]

also, i said handtime, which as i stated is unaccurate. in track and field handtime is translated into adding .24 seconds to computer timing. so if that was by a computer it would have been a 4.64. again, i am just saying what my time was, and 90% of all 40 yard times are done handtime. ur just a hater, thats all. regardless i would fn smoke you.

and while you’re at it, why don’t you start hating on the kid who started this thread, the d3 linebacker that ran a 4.59, also known as .21 seconds slower than the fastest man to ever run the 40 yard dash. after u do that, get back to me.

While we’re comparing 40 yard dash times in relation to one of the world’s fastest men ever, you have to take in account a few things…

1.) The times that you see Ben Johnson run are phenomenal. They are accurate numbers used with sequencing and frame by fram analysis. 60 meters in 6.37?? That is crazy fast!

2.) The times are FAT (Fully Automatic Timing), which is a little different than hand timed 40’s… Like said before me, .24 added to a handtimed gives an approximate FAT time.

3.) Ben Johnson’s 40 time from Seoul is even more impressive because he had to react to a starter’s gun, not from first movement! You take away reaction time, plus the automatic timing system, you could very well see a 4.0-3.9 handtimed 40 yard right there. If you haven’t seen this man start, check it out. One of a kind!!

I was at a meet in Modesto this year and they had a special 40 yard dash competition from blocks, FAT, etc… They were building up the hype of these guys that were 4.3 guys; fastest guy was 4.75 FAT… hmmm… But once again you take into account reaction time and the other variables… See what I mean?

[quote]bigblue244 wrote:

first of all, don’t talk to me like an idiot like i don’t know who ben johnson is.[/quote]

First of all, dumbass, if you had clicked on the link you would have seen that I cut and pasted word for word from the article. I didn’t “talk” like anything.

[quote]
second, stop being a douchebag and maybe like, turn on ESPN or watch the NFL Network and you will see that each year there are dozens of NFL draft prospects that run sub 4.3s and sub 4.2s, two years ago, the punt returner for the Buffalo Bills ran a 4.18. Deion Sanders showed up late to the NFL combine, ran a 4.28, and left. the rest is history.[/quote]

You don’t want to get into a football discussion with me, speedy.

Again, dumbass, read the article:

Track coaches go to Pro Timing Days, and they see scouts starting their stopwatches with their thumb, which has a slower reaction time than the index finger. They see them crowding the finish line and anticipating – guessing, basically – when someone will cross it. They see running surfaces that weren’t professionally measured or leveled. They see no starter’s gun, no automatic timing device, no wind gauge.

Grizzled track coaches love to say that the “clock doesn’t lie.” Well, it does in football.

Say someone clocks a hand-timed 4.35 in an NFL workout.

The accepted standard to convert a hand-timed event to its automatically timed equivalent is to round up to the nearest tenth of a second – in this case 4.4 – and add .24 seconds. Now you’re at 4.64.

Most football 40s don’t go on a starter’s pistol but on an athlete’s motion. The average reaction time among elite sprinters (from the gun to the moment they exert pressure on the starting block’s electronic pads) is about .15 seconds; for a football player with little track experience it probably would be closer to .2. Add that in, and you have 4.84.

If I knew anything about track?

That was a nice try, and you would have had a really good point if the following wasn’t also true:

[quote]
Johnson was so preposterously fast that he went through 50 meters in 5.52 seconds and 60 meters in 6.37 ? both under the current world records at those distances.[/quote]

His splits at 50 and 60 meters were both UNDER the world records for the 50 and 60 meters. Let that sink in before you try to respond.

[quote]
next time you want to throw out some stupid shit at me, make sure u know what ur talking about. [/quote]

You know absolutely nothing about what I know. I’ll admit I have more of a football background than track.

You posted with pride about your school record 400m relay this year. What was that–42.50?

I tell you what, speedy. If you know so much about track, why are you at crappy a junior college instead of somewhere with a good track program?

To be clear, I didn’t just decide to call your track team crappy to be rude. I’m basing my assessment off of last weekends NCAA Division III New England Men’s Track and Field Championships. Your team placed 13th. For Christ sake, MIT placed third! MIT? Did they pull out the floppy javelins on you or what?

Not to be a total ass, but from what I can tell your best 100m time this season was 11.40. Your school had a HIGH SCHOOL meet on campus earlier in the year. You would have placed fifth in it. Also, from what I can tell, your best 200m time this season is 23.74. That would have earned you eigth place. In the high school meet.

To be fair, maybe the weather conditions that weekend were just absolutely ideal for track or something.

Oops, I guess not.

Do you want to compare your times to Regional HIGH SCHOOL track meets in Texas?

4x100m relay
Region I–Your college team would have placed an impressive 8th.

1 Odessa Permian 41.70

2 Lewisville Flower Mound 41.82

3 North Crowley 41.87

4 Duncanville High School 42.01

5 Mansfield High School 42.12

6 DE Soto High School 42.33

7 Lewisville High School 42.45

Region II–Not even close to placing here.

1. GARLAND ‘A’ 41.25
  2. TYLER ‘A’ 41.58
  3. KLEIN FOREST ‘A’ 41.80
  4. DALLAS CARTER ‘A’ 41.86
  5. LUFKIN ‘A’ 41.88
  6. CONROE THE WOODLANDS ‘A’ 42.09
  7. KILLEEN SHOEMAKER ‘A’ 42.17

Region III–Maybe a 9th place?
1 Houston Eisenhower HS 40.49
2 Alief Elsik HS 40.94
3 Spring Westfield 41.09
4 Beaumont West Brook HS 41.33
5 Houston Cypress Fairbanks 41.59
6 League City Clear Creek H 41.94
7 Houston Aldine HS 42.28
8 Baytown Lee HS 42.48

Region IV–You would have placed third here!

1 Converse Judson ‘A’ 41.89
2 San Antonio Madison ‘A’ 42.34
3 Schertz Clemens ‘A’ 42.70

How about your 100m time of 11.40?

Region I–nope

1. Baron Batch Midland High Sch 10.64
  2. Nelson Oneygbu Lewisville High 10.72
  3. Josh Banks Duncanville High 10.75
  4. Josh Stephens Odessa Permian 10.78
  5. Denny Nedd Lewisville Flowe 10.79
  6. Cyrus Gray DE Soto High Sch 10.91
  7. Long Dao Keller High Scho 11.00
  8. Melvin Stephenson South Grand Prar 11.14

Region II–nope

1. Montague, Ryan CO WOODLANDS 10.69
  2. Buckram, Donald COPPERAS COVE 10.73
  3. Dungey, Mychal AUSTIN 10.89
  4. Alexander, Markell DALLAS CARTER 10.90
  5. Aje, Kevin GA LAKEVIEW 10.94
  6. Thompson, Leroy CS A&M 10.96
  7. Mitchell, Shane HUNTSVILLE 11.10
  8. Patton, Leon DALLAS WHITE 11.22

Region III–nope
1 Myers, Brandon Eisenhower 10.54
2 Johnson, Randy Eisenhower 10.64
3 Woolfolk, Troy Dulles 10.65
4 Johnson, Daniel Spring Woods 10.66
5 Usoro, Andrew Cinco Ranch 10.72
6. Goldsmith, Philip Cy Fair 10.82
7. Asumnu, Ricky Elsik 10.92
8. Johnson, Ershein Cy Fair 10.99

Region IV–nope

1. James, Randez Converse Judson 10.61
  2. Price, Tim CC Carroll 10.69
  3. Adeeko, Benga SA Taft 10.93
  4. Garza, B.J. Rio Grande City 10.94
  5. Wright, Marcus SA Reagan 10.96
  6. Gomez, Marcus SA Jefferson 11.03
  7. Padalecki, Dustin SA Highlands 11.10
  8. Castellanos, Edgar McAllen 11.35

So, speedy, what exactly qualifies you as a track expert?

[quote]bigblue244 wrote:
and yes, i have read that article before which basically shows you that 40 yard times are basically useless and are only useful and relative compared to the kids you are running against.[/quote]

When are 40s run “against” people?

[quote]
the second fastest kid at the combine ran a 4.41. are you trying to tell me that no one in the country has ever had someone time them under a 4.38? that is ridiculous and you are sheltered. i was just stating what my time was when it was timed. so stop hating.[/quote]

I know for a fact that people have been hand timed under 4.38–doesn’t mean they ran it.

I’m absolutely sure–unless the coach with the stopwatch was retarded and blind–you weren’t one of the ones at 4.38s.

Sheltered? Let’s see–I’ll just address my exposure to football up until about the time you were born. You’ll probably need Google to know what the hell I’m talking about, being the youngster you are.

–My dad’s a coach.
–My mom used to be Spike Dyke’s secretary.
–Friday Night Lights? Gary Gaines and my dad go back to Angelo State. When my mom had my little sister, she shared a hospital room with Sharon Gaines.
–I used to go fishing/golfing/dove hunting with three Junction Boys.
–I played for a coach (and my dad was an assistant coach on his staff) who won over 300 games(some records say 293). When he retired, he was the third winningest coach in Texas history. Stop and think about that. If you won 10 games a year it would take 30 years to get there. You learn football just being in the same room as someone like that. My sister used to babysit his grandson at our house. You’ve probably heard of the kid–Drew Brees. This is the coach’s son: http://www.texassports.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=64&change_well_id=17&member_id=295
All time quarterback single game rushing leader in SWC history. All time quarterback single season rushing leader in SWC history.

That my exposure through my freshman year of high school.

[quote]cardinal25 wrote:
throwloud wrote:
as far as adding reps to your bench, the best thing you can do is work on your triceps. Odds are your chest is much stronger, so that’s not the limiting factor. add strength and endurance to the tris and you should see a substantial increase in bench reps.

To tell you the truth, my triceps are one of my strongest muscle groups - I believe that my tricps are trying to take over for my chest and that’s why I fail so quickly. Any thoughts on that?[/quote]

To the original poster,

Have you looked into Westside for Skinny Bastards?

Hmmm lets try this again.

Never really heard of “strong” triceps holding anyone back in bench. In fact, the heavier you go the more you depend on them. But anways, if that is the case, try incorporating your chest more. Wider grip and pushing the bar together.

But I really doubt your tris are that strong considering you weigh in at 200 and can only get 225 for 11. I’m going to have to agree that you need to work on your triceps. Close grip bench, extensions, and weighted dips (try not to lean forward) will get your numbers up.

Aside from the muscle factor, how is your form? Try squeezing your shoulder blades together… I always try to get as much of my shoulders on the bench as possible. Have a small arch, push with your feet so most of the pressure is on your upperback or traps and keep your elbows tucked in and under the bar instead of flaring them out. Technique goes a long way in bench.

As for training, I assume you’re using some sort of rep program since your goal is to get more reps. A little way to get stronger is to have a “cheat” spotter. Have your spotter place his index fingers under the bar and follow it up and down as you bench. He’s obviously not suppose to help but just the mental thought of someone guiding the weight while you bench will help you crank out an extra rep or two. Its a neat mental trick I picked up along the way and its effective. Although you’ll get more use out of it when you go heavy with lower volume.

Sorry for the book, hope this helps and goodluck!

[quote]doogie wrote:
bigblue244 wrote:

first of all, don’t talk to me like an idiot like i don’t know who ben johnson is.

First of all, dumbass, if you had clicked on the link you would have seen that I cut and pasted word for word from the article. I didn’t “talk” like anything.

second, stop being a douchebag and maybe like, turn on ESPN or watch the NFL Network and you will see that each year there are dozens of NFL draft prospects that run sub 4.3s and sub 4.2s, two years ago, the punt returner for the Buffalo Bills ran a 4.18. Deion Sanders showed up late to the NFL combine, ran a 4.28, and left. the rest is history.

You don’t want to get into a football discussion with me, speedy.

Again, dumbass, read the article:

Track coaches go to Pro Timing Days, and they see scouts starting their stopwatches with their thumb, which has a slower reaction time than the index finger. They see them crowding the finish line and anticipating – guessing, basically – when someone will cross it. They see running surfaces that weren’t professionally measured or leveled. They see no starter’s gun, no automatic timing device, no wind gauge.

Grizzled track coaches love to say that the “clock doesn’t lie.” Well, it does in football.

Say someone clocks a hand-timed 4.35 in an NFL workout.

The accepted standard to convert a hand-timed event to its automatically timed equivalent is to round up to the nearest tenth of a second – in this case 4.4 – and add .24 seconds. Now you’re at 4.64.

Most football 40s don’t go on a starter’s pistol but on an athlete’s motion. The average reaction time among elite sprinters (from the gun to the moment they exert pressure on the starting block’s electronic pads) is about .15 seconds; for a football player with little track experience it probably would be closer to .2. Add that in, and you have 4.84.

also, if you knew anything about track and field, you would know that in the 100m dash, there are phases to your race, i.e. explosion phase, acceleration phase, drive phase, maintenance phase. running a 100m dash is extremely different than running a 40 yard dash.

now to explain it in laymen’s terms for you, the explosion phase, accleration phase, and drive phase of a 100m dash are much longer than a 40 yard dash because fo the distance so it takes more time. so if you take that 4.38 second 40 yard dash and do the math to figure out what that “pace” would be for the 100m dash (110 yards) you would get that his 100m dash time should have been 12.045 seconds. he ran a 9.79 because you build relative speed. he runs much faster as he builds speed.
[/quote]

If I knew anything about track?

That was a nice try, and you would have had a really good point if the following wasn’t also true:

Johnson was so preposterously fast that he went through 50 meters in 5.52 seconds and 60 meters in 6.37 ? both under the current world records at those distances.

His splits at 50 and 60 meters were both UNDER the world records for the 50 and 60 meters. Let that sink in before you try to respond.

you are comparing me to one of the fastest men to ever walk the earth. obviously i am not even in the same class as this man, nor did i have all of this sophisticated technology to time my 40 or whatever. i am just stating what a few guys timed me with watches. i never said it was accurate. i was just merely stating what my time was.

next time you want to throw out some stupid shit at me, make sure u know what ur talking about.

You know absolutely nothing about what I know. I’ll admit I have more of a football background than track.

You posted with pride about your school record 400m relay this year. What was that–42.50?

I tell you what, speedy. If you know so much about track, why are you at crappy a junior college instead of somewhere with a good track program?

To be clear, I didn’t just decide to call your track team crappy to be rude. I’m basing my assessment off of last weekends NCAA Division III New England Men’s Track and Field Championships. Your team placed 13th. For Christ sake, MIT placed third! MIT? Did they pull out the floppy javelins on you or what?

Not to be a total ass, but from what I can tell your best 100m time this season was 11.40. Your school had a HIGH SCHOOL meet on campus earlier in the year. You would have placed fifth in it. Also, from what I can tell, your best 200m time this season is 23.74. That would have earned you eigth place. In the high school meet.

To be fair, maybe the weather conditions that weekend were just absolutely ideal for track or something.

Irv Black Invite - Close Competition Overshadows Poor Weather …
(Apr 22, 2006) In a typical reversal of early New England weather, rain and cold hampered many of those competing at the final session of the 2nd Annual Irv Black High School Invitational held at the Trinity College Track facility on Saturday.

Oops, I guess not.

Do you want to compare your times to Regional HIGH SCHOOL track meets in Texas?

4x100m relay
Region I–Your college team would have placed an impressive 8th.

1 Odessa Permian 41.70

2 Lewisville Flower Mound 41.82

3 North Crowley 41.87

4 Duncanville High School 42.01

5 Mansfield High School 42.12

6 DE Soto High School 42.33

7 Lewisville High School 42.45

Region II–Not even close to placing here.

1. GARLAND ‘A’ 41.25
  2. TYLER ‘A’ 41.58
  3. KLEIN FOREST ‘A’ 41.80
  4. DALLAS CARTER ‘A’ 41.86
  5. LUFKIN ‘A’ 41.88
  6. CONROE THE WOODLANDS ‘A’ 42.09
  7. KILLEEN SHOEMAKER ‘A’ 42.17

Region III–Maybe a 9th place?
1 Houston Eisenhower HS 40.49
2 Alief Elsik HS 40.94
3 Spring Westfield 41.09
4 Beaumont West Brook HS 41.33
5 Houston Cypress Fairbanks 41.59
6 League City Clear Creek H 41.94
7 Houston Aldine HS 42.28
8 Baytown Lee HS 42.48

Region IV–You would have placed third here!

1 Converse Judson ‘A’ 41.89
2 San Antonio Madison ‘A’ 42.34
3 Schertz Clemens ‘A’ 42.70

How about your 100m time of 11.40?

Region I–nope

1. Baron Batch Midland High Sch 10.64
  2. Nelson Oneygbu Lewisville High 10.72
  3. Josh Banks Duncanville High 10.75
  4. Josh Stephens Odessa Permian 10.78
  5. Denny Nedd Lewisville Flowe 10.79
  6. Cyrus Gray DE Soto High Sch 10.91
  7. Long Dao Keller High Scho 11.00
  8. Melvin Stephenson South Grand Prar 11.14

Region II–nope

1. Montague, Ryan CO WOODLANDS 10.69
  2. Buckram, Donald COPPERAS COVE 10.73
  3. Dungey, Mychal AUSTIN 10.89
  4. Alexander, Markell DALLAS CARTER 10.90
  5. Aje, Kevin GA LAKEVIEW 10.94
  6. Thompson, Leroy CS A&M 10.96
  7. Mitchell, Shane HUNTSVILLE 11.10
  8. Patton, Leon DALLAS WHITE 11.22

Region III–nope
1 Myers, Brandon Eisenhower 10.54
2 Johnson, Randy Eisenhower 10.64
3 Woolfolk, Troy Dulles 10.65
4 Johnson, Daniel Spring Woods 10.66
5 Usoro, Andrew Cinco Ranch 10.72
6. Goldsmith, Philip Cy Fair 10.82
7. Asumnu, Ricky Elsik 10.92
8. Johnson, Ershein Cy Fair 10.99

Region IV–nope

1. James, Randez Converse Judson 10.61
  2. Price, Tim CC Carroll 10.69
  3. Adeeko, Benga SA Taft 10.93
  4. Garza, B.J. Rio Grande City 10.94
  5. Wright, Marcus SA Reagan 10.96
  6. Gomez, Marcus SA Jefferson 11.03
  7. Padalecki, Dustin SA Highlands 11.10
  8. Castellanos, Edgar McAllen 11.35

So, speedy, what exactly qualifies you as a track expert?
[/quote]

the crappy junior college i go to is actually one of the best colleges, not junior colleges, in the country. it is ranked 24th in the nation for liberal arts. i am here to get an education not to go to the olympics. as far as my team goes, there are 30 members on the team and 4 that participate in field events. we are not a big team, and barely have any funding. we cannot compete with large teams due to sheer numbers. but aside from all of that, you are personally calling me out and decided to do some research on me to prove your points, which i must say is somewhat weird/stalker-ish. i usually don’t disrespect people because i absolutely hate when i am disrespected so i know how it makes other people feel and i assure you i am biting my fucking tongue right now from saying some shit to you that i think you absolutely deserve but will not stoop to your level. if you knew anything about me, i mean anything, you would know that i don’t like to get personal about myself for numerous reasons. you would also know that within the last two years, i was in an almost fatal car accident in which i lacerated my liver, lost 75% of my blood, and was in the hospital for 2 months due to surgery complications. doctors told me that i should not participate in contact sports, but i did anyways once i was better and tried playing football while wearing a flak jacket that severely prohibited my mobility. i then broke my hip in my third game back and had to have complete hip reconstruction surgery the summer before going into my freshmen year at college. what did this do besides make me go to a “crappy junior college” as you put it? well it took from me numerous scholarship opportunities at 1-aa and division 2 schools to play football because i was pretty good and people did think i was fast from my 40 times, even though as you say, they are shit. i am not a wealthy person nor do i live in a wealthy family so this was absolutely devastating that i could not go to the schools that would help with tuition. so what did i do? i worked my fucking ass off to get into Trinity which is a great academic school and will have me going places i never would have been able to if i went to a community college or what not, and am working during the year and 2 jobs during the summer because i am on financial aid and will have to pay off student loans. i also had to quit football, and learn how to fucking walk again after my hip surgery. but since i am a competitive person and love sports i decided to try track. after extensive rehab i came out and ran the 55m in 6.64 seconds, which if you look, isn’t that bad and had me 11th in D3 New Englands. then i pulled my left calf, missed the end of the season, came out for outdoor season, ran an 11.40 the first meet and pulled my right hamstring two meets later and just ran the 4x100 for the rest of the year until i pulled my right groin in the last leg of the 4x100 where we ran a 42.50 and would have ran much faster had i not pulled it. the reason for all my injuries is because after a hip surgery like the one i had, your body does too much to compensate for specific weaknesses so my body is completely off-whack and mis-aligned. but i don’t let that shit hold me back but i do not complain about it, i just love to compete. if i ever get healthy i guarantee you i will be one of the best sprinters in division 3, and i actually like people like you to doubt me because without them, i would have quit long ago, and also i would have no one to throw it in their face once i prove them wrong. i do not care what you think about me, because you don’t even know me, but i just want to let you know that i am sorry for personally offending you, for as you have pointed out i know nothing about you as well. i was merely trying to defend myself, and i guess looked like an ass in the process. if you still want to say that my 40 time is shit, that’s fine, and to the guy that posted saying ‘since when do you run the 40 yard against people?’ i didnt mean you actually race someone, i meant the people you are running them with at the time, hence you compare your times to them and to them your times are relative, so essentially you are running against them. i hope that clears everything up. if not then it’s whatever.