Football Program...?

Hi.
I just graduated from college in the spring, where I was a track and field athlete for 4 years - 200/400m sprinter.

Anyway…since the season ended this past spring, I haven’t done anything physical at all. Nothing. Well, out of boredom and disgust of my newfound laziness, I lifted a few times with my friend, hoping to start doing something again, but I still went back to being a slob.

Now since I started a job, and am almost at the breaking point of going insane from sitting in a cubile for 8-9 hours a day, I decided I need to get back into athletics.

A new semi-pro football team is starting up around where I’m from, and tryouts are being held in January, with the season starting in the spring. I played football from age 7 until I went to college.

What I want to know is: Is there any program I can start right now to get me ready to tryout, and if I made the team, to compete in the spring?

Specifically, I’m looking for something that can get me back into decent enough shape to tryout in 15 weeks, and really good shape (strength,speed,some extra size) to hopefully compete in around 25 weeks.

Now, I think I was in the best shape of my life (so far) during this past spring track season - although my short sprint speed (100m and less) wasn’t as good as in my h.s. football days. So even though I’ve done nothing phyical for the past 4 months or so, I think there should be alot left over in me from then - shouldn’t there?

I’ve been looking over Joe DeFranco’s Westside For Skinny Bastards, as well as another article from his site by Kris Aiken - ‘Pumping Iron for the Gridiron’. But I didn’t want to just jump into these program w/out a plan, and since I’m an idiot, I was hoping someone might have some advice.

Thanks!

stats?

Alright, well…

I’m 5’9", and currently right around 155 lbs, although when I played football, I was about 165. I’ve never followed a good enough program to put on more mass than that, because in high school I wasn’t eating right, and in college, our weightlifting program wasn’t that great, plus I was running so much, and my off-seasons were poorly spent.

For lifts:
The full week of serious end-of-program lifting I can recall was back at the end of April.

Squat: 315 for 3 reps
Bench: 215 for 3 reps
Power Clean: i think 175 for 3 reps
DL: unfortunately I haven’t DL’d since high school

Start WSSB now! Eat big and put on as much size and strength as you can. Even at your best last spring, I’d say that you are undersized and not strong enough to compete on a semi-pro team. You may have had the speed back then, but speed won’t help when 250-300lb+ guys are running all over you.

Use your knowledge of sprint training/conditioning to get you in shape for the demands of football and use the same schedule that Joe DeFranco uses with his atletes.

If you can put on 15-20lbs of muscle by January, you may have a better chance of making the team and handling the demands of the sport.