T Nation

Football Player Needing to Bulk Up

I am a semi-pro football player and i have been working my ass of in this off season i am 5’11 165 lbs defensive back i have the oportunity to play for a pro team at the next level but have been told i need to put on alot more weight the average NFL DB is 5 to 6’2 and 190 to 220 lbs guys i need help bad what supplements would be best for me and safe and ive also heard i could get HGH and a testosterone booster from my doctor i have a pretty decent diet and i do work out any info would be helpful thanks guys

troll

.greg.

LMAO just found out what a troll is thats funny shit well i am new to this forum shit just was seeing if hell i dont know an athlete could give another athlete some help what a thought didnt know you would get all pussy ass about it

Best? Safest?
Sammiches. Lots of sammiches.

also, some maturity. And grammar. I’m sure those would help.

[quote]BMWtech3 wrote:
what supplements would be best for me[/quote]
Not these…[quote]HGH and a testosterone booster from my doctor[/quote]

What, exactly, did you eat yesterday?

If you’re playing semi pro and allegedly have the opportunity to play professional football (NFL?) you should know a little something about lifting weights and eating… Not taking testosterone boosters and HGH lol… I’m still calling bull shit

.greg.

Well i have never been a big gym guy kinda was just letting talent alone get me by but i have quickly found out that i need more than skills alone and thats why i got on here and asked i have no clue as far as supplements i just hear all this talk about socalled legal roids and all that crap im just one of those guys that have a hard time bulking up the natural way i seem to get ripped and not bigger and the next level for me is american indoor football association lol wasnt asking about lifting weights and eating

no supplement is going to bulk you up like your talking about. there’s no magic pill to replace hard work. If you’re “not a big gym guy” taking “legal roids” will do nothing for you. You need to get your diet in order and start lifting heavy weights. I would be willing to bet a lot that you are vastly under eating.

Can you post a pic and your diet?

.greg.

Yea i have never really been a big gym rat just got by on talent and skills but maybee thats why in not in the NFL lol but i really have no clue as far as supplements thats why i figured i would get on here and ask if anyone knows about bulking up i heard that this would be one of the best sites to get advice and tips from all i hear about is legal roids and all that crap and i didnt asked about tips on eating and lifting lol im just one of those guys that has allways had a problem getting bigger i tend to get ripped when i work out oh and the next level is the american indoor football association

Trust me i know that i will have to put in my hard work and i never thought about the undereating idea and not looking for the magic pill lol it just seems that getting bulk the all natural way is pretty tuff to do

I am replying to this post while at work lol i will have pics and diet info up later thanks for the input so far

punctuation is your friend. do not fear it.

Ok well if thats the case capital letters are your friend look i didnt get on here for everyone to be dicks i just asked for some advice yea i went to college and am pretty smart i do fix Bmw problems day to day i dont care about being proper when typing is that ok with you

[quote]BMWtech3 wrote:
Ok well if thats the case capital letters are your friend [/quote]
capital letters are no one’s friend. they are pure evil. don’t let them fool you.

then you’re in the wrong place because, while we do give out advice, we’re all dicks.

that’s so cool. you’re my idol now.

no. no it is not ok.

Well im sorry T-Nation tuff guy. LOL just for you i put a period in there since you are on yours but anyhow yea im cool as a fan homie yea i know about billy idol he is bad ass white wedding who doesnt like that song lol i got some advice for if you dont like my typing and puncuation then send me YOUR how to video ill be sure to buy a copy

[quote]BMWtech3 wrote:
if you dont like my typing and puncuation then send me YOUR how to video ill be sure to buy a copy[/quote]
Really though, man, it’s just a lot easier for people to read if you at least use at least try to make your posts more legible. The upside is that, if people can read and understand what you’re asking, you’ll get more input and less grief.

That’s simply because you weren’t eating enough. You probably thought you were eating tons, and maybe you were eating a lot, but getting bigger isn’t something that “can or can’t work.” If you’re trying to get big and you’re not seeing results, you simply need to eat more, and possibly tweak your training.

I’ll check out your diet when you post it later. But the bottom line is that you need to gain at least 25 muscular pounds of bodyweight. That’s going to take heavy, consistent lifting and dedicated eating… like it’s your job… because it’s going to be.

The article I linked to has some solid diet tips and a basic training plan, but all you really need to do is something that has you doing basic lifting a few days a week. If you’re new to weight training, almost anything will be fine for now.

Supplements like Test boosters or HGH, in addition to possibly getting you popped for a drug test before you even get the gig, are unnecessary right now. That’d be like teaching a kid just starting Pop Warner football the entire Patriots playbook. It might help their game a little, but they need to focus on the basics first.

So yeah, when you get a chance, toss up exactly what you ate yesterday and your weekly training plan (days you exercise, days you have practice, days of cardio, whatever) and we’ll see what’s what.

LOL That picture you posted is pretty funny i like that one. Thanks Cris. Ill be sure to keep in contact with you and i’ll make sure i keep tabs on my diet for this coming week, in addition to my workout plan.

i think that he just ‘thinks’ hes a semi pro football player.

WtF is semi pro anyway, you only get paid when you score a touchdown? COME ON

[quote]jinsanity wrote:
i think that he just ‘thinks’ hes a semi pro football player.

WtF is semi pro anyway, you only get paid when you score a touchdown? COME ON[/quote]

Why are you trolling the beginners forum? Are you really that bored?