Football Offseason Program

my football season is ending, at first the coach gave us the option of following a program he gave us but now he desided that we have to follow a new one that he designed
im 15 5’7 180 pounds and play fullback if that helps im just wondering if this is a good program or maybee i can tell my coach the problems in it and he will change them the program remides me of BFS meets westside for skinny bastards

Week 1: 3x3
Week 2: 5x5
Week 3: 5-4-3-2-1
Week 4: 6-4-2
Week 5: start over

Day 1:
squat: cycle
Clean: cycle
snatch: 2x5
Horizontal row: 3x6
unilateral movement: 3x8
Postierior chain:4x6
Neck/calf/ab work

Day 2:
Bench: cycle
jammer: cycle
incline: 4x6
upper arm superset: 2x8
delt exercise: 3x5
grip work

Day 3:
tire flip
sled drag
plyo’s

Day 4
Hang clean: Cycle
Squat varation: Cycle
hang snatch: 2x5
Vertical Pulling: 3x6
Neck/calf/ab work

Day 5
Bench varation: cycle
Jammer: cycle
Incline db: 3x5
grip work

Day 6 or 7
GPP work
sprints

were supposed to switch the exercises for the lifts that arnt specific every 2 weeks

to me this doesn’t look to bad but im no experert we are starting this next week cuz we didn’t make the playoffs the only kids who have other sports

if you find something wrong with the program please tell me the reasons so i can tell my coach
thanks

[quote]gardencatering81 wrote:
my football season is ending, at first the coach gave us the option of following a program he gave us but now he desided that we have to follow a new one that he designed
im 15 5’7 180 pounds and play fullback if that helps im just wondering if this is a good program or maybee i can tell my coach the problems in it and he will change them the program remides me of BFS meets westside for skinny bastards

Week 1: 3x3
Week 2: 5x5
Week 3: 5-4-3-2-1
Week 4: 6-4-2
Week 5: start over

Day 1:
squat: cycle
Clean: cycle
snatch: 2x5
Horizontal row: 3x6
Neck/calf/ab work

Day 2:
Bench: cycle
jammer: cycle
incline: 4x6
grip work

Day 3:
tire flip
sled drag
plyo’s

Day 4
Hang clean: Cycle
Squat varation: Cycle
hang snatch: 2x5
Vertical Pulling: 3x6
Neck/calf/ab work

Day 5
Bench varation: cycle
Jammer: cycle
Incline db: 3x5
grip work

Day 6 or 7
GPP work
sprints

were supposed to switch the exercises for the lifts that arnt specific every 2 weeks

to me this doesn’t look to bad but im no experert we are starting this next week cuz we didn’t make the playoffs the only kids who have other sports

if you find something wrong with the program please tell me the reasons so i can tell my coach
thanks[/quote]

5 days of lifting and 2 days of sprints and gpp work… you’ll burn out halfway thru week 2. Get a program on here, give it to your coach, and tell him to have every damn kid on the team do it.

And what the hell is “posterior chain 4x6”? Do you mean GHR’s 4x6? and whats a jammer?

i think by the postarior chain he wants us to do a exersice for the postarior chain, like GHR’s GM, pull throughs
and jammer is a machine desgined for football its pretty much is like a blocking tool

im gonna print out a weside program that from the 8 keys of strength and give it to my coach hopefully we’ll us that enstead