Football - Need Size

I worked with a kid who went from 6-1 160 as a sophmore to 185 as a junior to 245 as a senior to 275 as a D2 freshman. He grew to 6-2. Played LB in HS and is now D Line. Zero drugs, some creatine, lots of protein powder and food, and an addiction to the weight room.

The natural testosterone obviously kicked in after his junior year. Squats and benches 2x week 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps. Squatting to parallel all out but perfect form. No bounce (or pause) on the bench. Power cleans 1x per week. Lots of assistance - leg press, lunges, high pulls, decline bench, incline bench 3 sets of 6-8.

Again all out but excellent form. pump the arms all yo want for the girls but IDM (it don’t matter) for your football. Nothing genetic to it - pure will and commitment creating love of the iron. Many want to do it, almost every male can, but few do. Can you?

WEll first of all to the people saying I don’t eat enough heres what i ate today
6:30-
3 eggs with 1-2 oz. ham and cheese
6 Waffles
32 Oz. 1 % milk
1 cup Berries
1 banana

8:30
2 oz. nuts and about 4 Oz. beef jerky in between my class

11:30
4 slices whole wheat
4 slices (~4 oz.) of roast beef or chicken
4 Tbsp. of PB
usually a banana and a gatorade

2:30
2 8 inch chicken subs
2 cookies

7:30 (post game)
2 double doubles from in and out
a banana
pineapple
gatorade

and at arouind 10:30 ill have
1 scoop protein
with milk
a bunch of walnuts

secondly to the "4.8 isn’t all that fast
That was timed with shine splints, a partially recovered pulled upper-quad, and without cleats, so i can run about a 4.6 in proper conditions

Also, my vertical is above 32 inches.

[quote]dbutkus wrote:
I worked with a kid who went from 6-1 160 as a sophmore to 185 as a junior to 245 as a senior to 275 as a D2 freshman. He grew to 6-2. Played LB in HS and is now D Line. Zero drugs, some creatine, lots of protein powder and food, and an addiction to the weight room.

The natural testosterone obviously kicked in after his junior year. Squats and benches 2x week 3-5 sets of 3-5 reps. Squatting to parallel all out but perfect form. No bounce (or pause) on the bench. Power cleans 1x per week. Lots of assistance - leg press, lunges, high pulls, decline bench, incline bench 3 sets of 6-8.

Again all out but excellent form. pump the arms all yo want for the girls but IDM (it don’t matter) for your football. Nothing genetic to it - pure will and commitment creating love of the iron. Many want to do it, almost every male can, but few do. Can you?[/quote]

What I don’t get is why so many of them seem to be passing up on those types of gains so they can “gain slowly” just so they can see their abs. Do most of these kids even understand the progress they could make if they just focused on size and ate and lifted as if that was their main priority?

These will be the same guys hitting 35 years later claiming they have weak genetics because they never took advantage of their own bodies’ growth process.

I just haven’t met the serious lifter who says, “I wish I would have gained slower so I could have maintained less than 10% body fat for the last ten years”.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
WEll first of all to the people saying I don’t eat enough heres what i ate today
6 Waffles
32 Oz. 1 % milk
1 cup Berries
1 banana

4 slices whole wheat
4 Tbsp. of PB

2 8 inch chicken subs
2 cookies

a banana
pineapple
gatorade

1 scoop protein
with milk
a bunch of walnuts

That was timed with shine splints, a partially recovered pulled upper-quad, and without cleats, so i can run about a 4.6 in proper conditions

[/quote]
That isn’t bad, but where you go from here will be based on the results you see. I applaud the effort. Someone your age could grow like a weed if you just remained consistent and hit the gym like you mean it each time.

just so you know, im a college linebacker, and i weigh 258 pounds and runa 4.65 forty. and im kind of slow. competition gets fucking ridiculous.

[quote]BlakedaMan wrote:
6 Waffles
32 Oz. 1 % milk
1 cup Berries
1 banana

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 1/2 LOAF OF BREAD WITH PEANUT BUTTER.

4 slices whole wheat
4 Tbsp. of PB

2 8 inch chicken subs
2 cookies
THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A BOX OF COOKIES

a banana
pineapple
gatorade
THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A GALLON OF MILK.

1 scoop protein
with milk
a bunch of walnuts
THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN 3 SCOOPS OF PROTEIN WITH A BUCKET OF CHICKEN.

[/quote]

[quote]Split wrote:
ya 4.8 is fast for a linebacker who is 225+lbs. Not a 150lb kid. Also dont brag about D3 ball, thats not impressive at all. And to the above poster, depending on what type of HS program you played for, 4.8 is not fast for a guy 150lbs, and thats also not a very big size at all for that age.[/quote]

He knows he is not big, that is why he is asking for help.

His speed is fine for a HS sophomore for heavens sake.

We are not talking about D1 or NFL here.

ust so you know, im a college linebacker, and i weigh 258 pounds and runa 4.65 forty. and im kind of slow. competition gets fucking ridiculous.

Dude, if you gain 10 pounds you almost got the same stats as shawne merriman

[quote]srb68 wrote:
just so you know, im a college linebacker, and i weigh 258 pounds and runa 4.65 forty. and im kind of slow. competition gets fucking ridiculous.[/quote]

A LEGIT 4.65 is not kinda slow. It’s not even a little slow, not even in The League. Tell your coaches to start the watch at your first movement instead of after your fourth step.

For snacking in between classes, 2 poptarts will give you about 500 Calories. Also for workout nutrition, try mixing a quarts worth of gatorade powder with two scoops of protein powder and have some about a half hour before you work out, some during the workout and some after. Biotest’s whey mixed with orange gatorade is pretty good.

As for lifting, try going 3x a week full body and you can do conditioning on off days. I would keep it less than 400m and maybe try some strongman sort of things: dragging a sled (you can make one out of a tire and a sheet of plywood); farmers walk; piling sandbags, or bag of cement, shingles; chopping wood, or hitting something with a sledge hammer; throwing things overhead, etc.

Also try working in some olympic lifts like power snatches and cleans into your lifting. Overhead squats are a good one too.

A LEGIT 4.65 is not kinda slow. It’s not even a little slow, not even in The League. Tell your coaches to start the watch at your first movement instead of after your fourth step.

yeah, lasers dont have that problem.

[quote]srb68 wrote:

yeah, lasers dont have that problem.[/quote]

I ran a 1.2 in college.

Which is why I was transported in time to right now.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
srb68 wrote:

yeah, lasers dont have that problem.

I ran a 1.2 in college.

Which is why I was transported in time to right now.[/quote]

I ran a 1.1 in college and I was the slowest lineman on my divison 0 team.

are you serious? you couldnt even break the second mark? weak sauce.

on another note, 4.65 is fast, but there are faster. 3 of the top 4 lb prospects last year ran a sub 4.55. i know hes in high school, and that definately is fast for highschool. im just saying college is a whole different game. im sorry if i offended anyone or sounded cocky.

Eating consistently + training consistently. If you have any questions or would like some suggestions, PM me…I have about 1,000 templates from my athletes over the past year.

BTW, do not worry about your 40, dont worry about your 185xreps, or your vert, just worry about being a better football player. With all the new rules regarding “HS Combines,” college coaches will not emphasize numbers anymore. This information is coming straight from college coaches (9 out of 10 coaches from the AP Top 10).

SP

[quote]srb68 wrote:
are you serious? you couldnt even break the second mark? weak sauce.

on another note, 4.65 is fast, but there are faster. 3 of the top 4 lb prospects last year ran a sub 4.55. i know hes in high school, and that definately is fast for highschool. im just saying college is a whole different game. im sorry if i offended anyone or sounded cocky.[/quote]

Definitely, college is a whole different ballgame. Even in D-III, LOL.

I second Cressey’s off-season manual. I’ve only heard amazing things about it.

Bill Starr 5x5
www.eclipsegym.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=67

bump

Anymore ideas? I’m looking into Cressey’s offseason manual but $150 is a a little expensive.

search - WS4SB