Football Help

Hey Christian,

I am four months out from spring ball and would like to improve my game. I am looking to really improve on explosive power and speed and to be able to take that to the field when playing. Any advice on what I should focus on? Thanks!

[quote]j_early32 wrote:
Hey Christian,

I am four months out from spring ball and would like to improve my game. I am looking to really improve on explosive power and speed and to be able to take that to the field when playing. Any advice on what I should focus on? Thanks![/quote]

Get a coach to teach you the power snatch, get good at it - shoot for your bodyweight in the snatch - you would be a powerful dude…

[quote]j_early32 wrote:
Hey Christian,

I am four months out from spring ball and would like to improve my game. I am looking to really improve on explosive power and speed and to be able to take that to the field when playing. Any advice on what I should focus on? Thanks![/quote]

Mon:
Speed/Jumps/Throws/Primary weights (cleans/squats/bench)

Tue: tempo/Aux weights

Wed: REST

Thur: Same as Mon

Fri: Same as Tue

Scrolling. It could save your life.

Thank you all for the comments back.

[quote]kakno wrote:

Scrolling. It could save your life.[/quote]

Too much volume.

[quote]utfootball4 wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_thibaudeau/ct_football_

Too much volume.[/quote]

Not really imo.

The first phase certainly isn’t, can always change the frequency to suit.

[quote]utfootball4 wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

Too much volume.[/quote]

I suppose you could just say that and trust that we’ll all take your internet e-pinion at face value instead of the nationally known, wildly effective coach who trains olympic athletes, pro athletes, college athletes AND bodybuilders and says it’s a good general set-up to begin with until you modify it based on individual abilities.

But I wouldn’t bet on it.

Or, instead of making ridiculous blanket statements with zero justification behind them you could give a real, thoughtful, rational answer to defend your position. That might work better…and it wouldn’t even have to be as long as a book to get your point across.

I dislike drive-by argumentation with a fierce passion.