Football Face Mask

For all the football guys is it possible to paint a face mask using spray paint?

Thanks,

Sure. Get a piece of scotch bright and sand it first this will make it stay on longer, not chip as easily. use some prep-sol or other solvent to assure its clean of grease etc.

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:
Sure. Get a piece of scotch bright and sand it first this will make it stay on longer, not chip as easily. use some prep-sol or other solvent to assure its clean of grease etc.

Phill[/quote]

Thanks for the tips what if the face mask has that plastic covering over it? It’s carbon steel.

It’s going to be hard to get paint to stick to the plastic coating. If you do get it to stick, it will probably chip off fairly easily.

It probably won’t look great. Pee Wee teams do it all the time. Above that level, it will chip off easily, so I’d recommend getting a new mask in the color of choice. They won’t break the bank. The newest titanium masks for the revolution helmets are in the $150 range. Steel is quite a bit less ($25). There is a choice of about 12 colors.

http://www.riddell1.com/newsite/product_info.php?cPath=104_76_77_46&products_id=934

What’s the plan for this painted mask?

LA

edit: corrected prices

just buy some colored tape and “paint” your face mask with tape.

[quote]LA wrote:
It probably won’t look great. Pee Wee teams do it all the time. Above that level, it will chip off easily, so I’d recommend getting a new mask in the color of choice. They won’t break the bank. The newest titanium masks for the revolution helmets are in the $150 range. Steel is quite a bit less ($25). There is a choice of about 12 colors.

http://www.riddell1.com/newsite/product_info.php?cPath=104_76_77_46&products_id=934

What’s the plan for this painted mask?

LA

edit: corrected prices[/quote]

Thanks for the help I was considering that.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
just buy some colored tape and “paint” your face mask with tape.[/quote]

Thats what my friend suggested.

You guys realize that in some states in high school, if the plastic covering is peeled off too much, they can flag it and kick you out of the game…