Football Camp

After months of waiting, I am finally going to go to camp for football at CSU in Fort Collins, Colorado on Wednesday morning.

Why am I telling you this? I have no idea. But, I have waiting to suit up for football so long that this is a great relief; although, I am extremely nervous to go there as well.

And, I am going to be gone for several days, so there is no way that I am able to be on this website until the 7th. Cue emotional music

Might post a picture of all the gear tomorrow.

Just remember, if you don’t have anything to say or you don’t care, you just wasted a minute of your life. Have a nice day.

Wow, football camp was fun and painful.

Just talking to myself now apparently.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:
Wow, football camp was fun and painful.

Just talking to myself now apparently.[/quote]

what did you do? any pictures?

Since I didn’t play football in highschool, I’m actually rather interested in what your conditioning workouts consist of. Give us details.

Here is the basic breakdown of what we did:

Wake-up
Eat
Football (Practice and Scrimmages)
Eat
Eat
Sleep

No pictures as I know of now. But even if there was, I wouldn’t get to keep them.

But we also did get to watch film of ourselves. (You never realize how much you suck until you actually watch yourself play.)

As for the conditioning:
We didn’t really do any real conditioning at camp since it was meant to be a practice and execute the plays of the team. But when we do conditioning, the defense usually does something that we like to call warriors. Basically, the entire group stands on the sideline, chops their feet, does a push-up at the whistle, runs out to the field while getting a play from the coaches (we have a no huddle defense as we use hand signs), runs the play, runs one way to a cone on the 50 yard line (we usually start on the 5), does another push-up on the whistle, then finishes running to the cone. One mistake and we have to redo it.

The entire team sometimes does various conditioning using sprints.

Where are you going to high school?

[quote]40&Big wrote:
Where are you going to high school?[/quote]

Grandview High School in Aurora, CO.

Defending state champs! Largest school classification. Good luck.

[quote]40&Big wrote:
Defending state champs! Largest school classification. Good luck.[/quote]

Thanks. It will be hard to defend. And our closest rival is finally moving up to 5A.

BTW, how did you know and where do you live?