Football Blowout as 'Bullying'?

[quote]Captain Needa wrote:
The nanny-staters/helicopter-parents/neo-facists will want to control the league in order to make it ‘fair’. And if they (continue) to succeed in their efforts we will continue to be less competitive as a culture and people. A landslide loss to a superior opponent should elicit the response of: “Lets study their coaching, methods, training, etc to learn how to be better.” In other words, lets emulate the winners so that we can be winners. Not hand-cuff them so that we are all equally inferior.

or perhaps we should require people like CT and Wendler to start putting helium inside of their plates rather than iron… just to keep us feeling better…[/quote]

A glimpse of the future, maybe.

91-0 is bad but the article said they are 7-0 and have outs ores their opponents by an average of 77 points a game!

This team is either a college caliber football team or they are playing in a lower division that they have no business being in.

They are stomping everyone out. This coach should be sending his JV/freshman squad out there at halftime lol.

Yeah, this whole “Everyone’s a winner, stop the bullying” garbage is out of hand. Not the same as this game, but personally, I have always thought both bullying and even hazing within reason can be good, as long as it doesn’t get out of hand.

I know its hard to allow but keep it contained so I do understand the elimination to a point, but seriously, if you can’t handle a little adversity how are you supposed to even survive as an adult, let alone do anything worthwhile? Ridiculous, in my opinion.

Wasn’t the bullying report filed by one parent? One. Just one. I don’t think this signals the end of the world. What does signal it is that one report, by one parent, about a HS football game, is somehow news.

Someone in the comments did some fact checking:

"A couple of important parts of this story that the writer didn’t mention are that -

1. By the end of the 1st quarter, Aledo had taken out ALL of their starters.
  2. By the 3rd quarter, Aledo was playing their THIRD string guys.
  3. In the 3rd quarter, they agreed to a running clock system.
  4. The officials could have called the game early."

So it looks like the dominant team was more than classy in trying to not make it a murder. As was said earlier, it’s not their responsibility to dumb down their game, it’s the defenses responsibility to stop them. I’m of the mindset that the officials should call the game, that way one team doesn’t bitch their way through (filing bullying complaints) and the other team can feel like they whooped some serious ass and not feel bad about it.

[quote]GeneticSynergy9 wrote:
Yeah, this whole “Everyone’s a winner, stop the bullying” garbage is out of hand. Not the same as this game, but personally, I have always thought both bullying and even hazing within reason can be good, as long as it doesn’t get out of hand.

I know its hard to allow but keep it contained so I do understand the elimination to a point, but seriously, if you can’t handle a little adversity how are you supposed to even survive as an adult, let alone do anything worthwhile? Ridiculous, in my opinion.[/quote]

Well you’re ugly…Suck it up Buttercup…

[quote]zecarlo wrote:
Wasn’t the bullying report filed by one parent? One. Just one. I don’t think this signals the end of the world. What does signal it is that one report, by one parent, about a HS football game, is somehow news. [/quote]

One might argue that the news stations themselves are blowing this whole “pussyification of America” into the national spot-light and out of proportion.

We just get 1-2 reports of these from the entire nation, combine those for a couple of years, and then you get a couple dozen or so that influence people to think that the nation is rotting.

Damned news stations.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

I know its hard to allow but keep it contained so I do understand the elimination to a point, but seriously, if you can’t handle a little adversity how are you supposed to even survive as an adult, let alone do anything worthwhile? Ridiculous, in my opinion.[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you, I know am so much more capable of dealing with issues in the real world. :slight_smile:

My highschool team was pretty good and we also played a few teams that were pretty bad. That’s a recipe for blow outs.

I remember the homecoming game of my senior year. All of us starters were pulled less than 9 minutes into the game with a 28-0 lead. The freshman and sophomores played the rest of the game and still outscored this other team. Things like this happen I’m highschool all the time.

The game was called at halftime though. We had a “mercy rule” which, IIRC, was 45+ point lead at halftime and the game was called.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]

Thank you, I now know am so much more capable of dealing with issues in the real world. :)[/quote]

You are welcome.

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
Blame your son’s coach for sucking[/quote]
lol it’s never the actual players fault is it?

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:
lol it’s never the actual players fault is it?[/quote]

You did not finish the sentence did you?

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

have you noticed that nothing is anyone’s fault anymore? Nobody takes responsibility for their actions and will always have some kinda of excuse.

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

have you noticed that nothing is anyone’s fault anymore? Nobody takes responsibility for their actions and will always have some kinda of excuse. [/quote]

Exactly. It is all Bush’s fault.

[quote]En Sabah Nur wrote:

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

Thoughts? In this generation where some sports don’t keep score, everyone gets a trophy, and you can’t play dodgeball in gym class anymore, I’m just shaking my head.

S[/quote]

Are there seriously schools that don’t allow kids to play dodgeball?

Are.

You.

Kidding.

Me.[/quote]

shit, you think that’s bad?

This school has “outlawed” TAG!!

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

have you noticed that nothing is anyone’s fault anymore? Nobody takes responsibility for their actions and will always have some kinda of excuse. [/quote]

Exactly. It is all some wealthy white Christians fault.
[/quote]

pretty much, lets not get this moved to pwi

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]
Katrinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[quote]Aggv wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]dmaddox wrote:

[/quote]
Katrinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! [/quote]

Bush does not care about black people.

Especially not if they are not exactly in his jurisdiction and the black major of said city is downright incompetent…

I call racism .

Everything is racist, why not this too.