Foot Flare (Cressey or Robertson)

Hi guys, the neanderthal series really helped with my knowledge of posture. I think mine is pretty fixed, flexing glutes to correct anterior Pelvic tilt and shoulder back and down… thanks alot!.. one last thing which is minor but i cant fix quite yet is my righ foot. it flares out. I think it may be due to many years of batting practice (im a lefty) and stepping out with that leg rotating th foot outward. Now its always ourward. I have stretched the font of the lower legs. and it does not realyl help. I feel the problem is at the hip. what can i do to stretch/deep massage/dunno what else/ to help this situation? have to say it does not affect performance or speed much, but its just something that would be cool to try to fix.
Thanks again.
regds
Jonathan

Stretch the peroneals and calves; the lateral rotation is a compensation to account for lack of dorsiflexion. Stretching the front of the lower legs won’t do much for you.

It may also be compensation for tightness further up the kinetic chain, so it never hurts to stretch our the hip flexors, IT band, TFL, adductors, quads, and hamstrings.

[quote]CaptnJ wrote:
Hi guys, the neanderthal series really helped with my knowledge of posture. I think mine is pretty fixed, flexing glutes to correct anterior Pelvic tilt and shoulder back and down… thanks alot!.. one last thing which is minor but i cant fix quite yet is my righ foot. it flares out. I think it may be due to many years of batting practice (im a lefty) and stepping out with that leg rotating th foot outward. Now its always ourward. I have stretched the font of the lower legs. and it does not realyl help. I feel the problem is at the hip. what can i do to stretch/deep massage/dunno what else/ to help this situation? have to say it does not affect performance or speed much, but its just something that would be cool to try to fix.
Thanks again.
regds
Jonathan [/quote]

thanks eric. yup tried the side lunge (the stretching foot flat on floor toes forward while stepping out with the other foot) stretch for peroneals… whoa i was tight. will work on it and keep u updated.

regds
Jonathan

Stretch the peroneals

HOw is this done?

bring your foot into a pretty hard inversion and dorsiflex it while flexing your knee at the same time. It’s a little weird.