Foods With Anti-E & Test Boosting Effects

This is from Question of Nutrition 5:

Sloppy Second Hormones

Q: People always talk about all the hormones in chicken, milk, etc. Is that anything to be concerned with? I mean, after all, hormones are big proteins. Don’t they just get digested and broken up into their constituent amino acids?

A: Dude, where’d you read that propaganda? Carbon monoxide is just a simple blend of carbon and oxygen, yet you don’t go around sucking it off an exhaust pipe, do you?

The hormones in factory-farmed (feedlot) meat can have all sorts of effects on the body, none of them fully understood and almost certainly none of them good.

And it’s not just the hormones. These miserably treated animals are shot full of antibiotics and fed an unnatural diet of grain, which makes them sick and tilts the balance of their fat towards inflammatory omega-6’s. So even if you’re not a granola-ish animal-rights type person, you should still avoid common supermarket meat like the plague for selfish reasons.

Grass-fed (and humanely treated) beef is the way to go: high omega-3’s, high CLA ? which may help with weight loss ? and no extra antibiotics or hormones you don’t need or want.

If you’re going to take hormones, you should at least get them from a doc and know what you’re taking. Do you really want a cow’s sloppy seconds?

[quote]nevans wrote:
That’s interesting, I have not seen those figures.

What about other hormones and chemicals used in cattle: Oestradiol, Progesterone, Zeranol, Trenbolone, Melengestrol, growth hormone, antibiotics, etc? I don’t know, but I think it’s worth stopping to think about what we are putting in our bodies, at least until the research is conclusive.[/quote]

Well I got news for you.

Alot of us take the stuff they put in cattle, remove the estrogens, then inject it into our asses.

We go through a lot of effort to get that shit in us, you really think we care if some of the cow’s metabolites of something we purposefully inject into ourselves is in our meat that is then cooked at a high temperature ?

Hell some of you kiddies out there are using progestin and progesterone based drugs already.

All the “tren extreme” or what not…“Prohormones”.

Its not really tren, but it is some crazy compounds that no one really understands.

You really think that the crap in meat is a problem ? Your liver is quite capable of removing most of it.

Weve got kids intentionally ingesting concentrated forms of who the fuck knows what.

Your worried about the wrong issues. Research will always be years behind the market, there is little motivation to research what you cant do; if you can make money instead.

My “granola-chewers” characterization, by the way, had nothing to do with that article, which I notice in your quote coincidentally also used the word granola. Perhaps that made it look as if I were referring to that.

It is just a disparaging term I enjoy using for health-food freaks, of which Dr Bowden is not one. Apparently he also employs a similar verbal connection.

He is simply in error on the point in question and is not one of those that is in the habit of making unsubstantiable assertions.

On trenbolone: the oral bioavailability is poor even if deliberately taking the stuff. I have seen literature articles on concentrations of trenbolone in beef – don’t have at hand, I’ve simply read them in the past – and the levels are utterly negligible.

Xenoestrogens are a real issue: estrogens from hormone-treated beef are not.

Xenoandrogens aren’t a real issue from any source. Not even remotely close.

Ditto for GH in food, ditto for antibiotics in meat. Don’t know about antibiotics in milk. (That means only that I have never looked into it.)

Now, indiscriminate use of antibiotics in the animal husbandry industry is a serious problem for other reasons – it results in selection of antibiotic-resistance bacteria strains in those species,

Often with the relevant genes being in plasmids and thus being capable of being shared with differing strains of bacteria that are pathogenic to man. So that is a real problem. But antibiotic levels in the meat are not.

You will NEVER find in the articles and books moaning and wailing about such things and proclaiming the doom to your health from hormones in meat, any actual data on levels, even though they are quite measurable and have often been measured and reported.

Nope, they are always left as unsubstantiated assertions. For a simple reason: they have to be. The assertions are completely incompatible with fact.