Foods To Add To Diet

BREAKFAST:
2 whole large Omega-3 eggs
1 cup of liquid egg whites
4 turkey sausage links
2 pieces of whole grain whole wheat toast

OR

1/2 cup oatmeal (made with 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1/2 cup water and 1 scoop ON 100% Gold Standard Whey)

SNACK 1:
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 scoop ON 100% Gold Standard Whey

LUNCH:
Turkey sandwich (2 slices of whole grain whole wheat bread and 2 slices of Healthy Choice turkey)
Apple

SNACK 2:
1 Peanut Crunch Bar (The recipe makes four 4 x 4" bars, but here are some ingredients of note: 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 cup natty PB, and 5 scoops ON 100% Gold Standard Whey)

DINNER:
Different every night. I live with my parents and eat whatever they make because I’m too tired after work or pressed for time (if it’s a workout night) to cook for myself. 2-3 nights out of the week, it’s some type of chicken with at least one vegetable such as corn or green beans.

SNACK 3:
PWO - Shake (3 1/2 tbsp rolled oats, 1 cup 2% milk, 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese, 1 scoop ON 100% Gold Standard Whey and 2 tbsp natty PB)
Off night - same as Snack 1.

For the next 6 or 7 months, my goal is to increase muscle mass while limiting the increase of body fat (I’m trying to avoid using the dreaded “b” word). What foods do you guys recommend I add to help me achieve this goal? Please give examples and mention which meal they should be added to. For what it’s worth, I am planning on replacing the ON whey with Metabolic Drive and working Surge Recovery into my diet, too. I’ve also thought about using Grow! Whey in my breakfast oatmeal, because I’ve read that it’s faster absorbing than Metabolic Drive.

Thank you, guys.

That looks like about as much food as I eat in one sitting. Eat more food. Secondly, I don’t like your fat sources too much. It’s all dairy, animal, egg, and peanut oil fats. Everyone’s different, but I personally have had bad experiences with dairy or its fats especially, so I avoid it. Flax seeds, olive oil, coconut oil are all great fats to have in one’s diet. I recommend that you get them.

Also, I don’t know about you, but I’d drop all the bread and start eating old fashioned oats. Quick oats are fine as well (I actually prefer these). They’re just cut differently and will also digest better. Also, I’d start eating your own meal during dinner as well as adding more meals, especially after you work out. That amount of food is hardly what I’d call optimal for recovery and promoting a post-workout positive nitrogen balance. You could lose muscle over night with that. I’d go on, but it’s late. Fix that stuff first.

Ditch the “OR” in the breakfast and the 2% milk.

And add in a gallon of whole milk.

and why are you having tablespoons of rolled oats in your shake??? I was having a cup of rolled oats, and a banana, and milk along with the protein… and remove the peanut butter…

And your snacks look like what my 5 foot 6, 125lb girlfriend eats for a snack… On her off days…

Get some damn protein in there. I’m not one to force people to eat carbs and stuff, but if you wanna get bigger in the beginning, you gotta be willing to forgo visible abs for awhile.

Damn, it’s a good thing I asked for advice now rather than following my current diet for 6-7 months. Thank you for the feedback, gentleman.

guitarlifter - I agree with you about the dairy and its fat content. While doing one of Mark Rippetoe’s “Starting Strength” workouts, I did a half-assed GOMAD on 2% milk and even that put on a substantial amount of fat. I’ll try to limit myself to a glass of milk at breakfast and find dairy alternatives to put in my recipes.

mitchellh - For clarification, you’re recommending that I eat the oatmeal in addition to the eggs and sausage as one meal, correct? If this is true, do I still need to put protein powder in my oatmeal?

• As far as PWO is concerned, should I bring a shake (different from the one I already mentioned, obviously) with me to drink in the car on the drive home and then make a meal after that?

• I’ve felt for a while that lunch is my worst meal of the day. I’ll do some more research on this site when I have time and maybe start a thread just to get suggestions on a lunch that’s quick and easy to prepare for the workplace.

Search Function.

Lunch - 2 cans tuna, small salad with Italian, small baked potato, apple.

If you don’t want to use the “b” word you are only going to add 5-7 lbs in 6-7 months. Is this what you want?