Foods for CNS Recovery?

I am wondering what foods besides EFA’s are considered good for promoting CNS recovery. Do any of you address this with your diets? I would be interested in supplement experience also. Thanks

Smug

I dont know about foods, but Power Drive is awesome for CNS recovery, as well as priming.

Honestly for recovery, a damn good well balanced diet with total intake at least maintenance, lots of fruit veggies meats vand good fats

Variety

Phill

[quote]Smug wrote:
I am wondering what foods besides EFA’s are considered good for promoting CNS recovery. Do any of you address this with your diets? I would be interested in supplement experience also. Thanks

Smug[/quote]

If sleep were a food then sleep.

Thanks for the input so far everyone. Power Drive is definetly worth looking into.

I also agree with the balanced diet (I think I’m pretty solid there). I use EFA’s a lot for the various benefits but in particular the effect on CNS recovery.

I suppose it may come down to nutrition timing i.e an ample PWO intake …and perhaps the right combination of fats and protein before bed?

If it means anything, I just tried Power Drive for the first time this past week. I took it before my workout, and my heavy lifting days are followed by sprints (very CNS intensive).

I flowed through my whole workout without hesitation. Great stuff, and 17 bucks will last ~31 workouts. That’s about two months (@4 training days per week).

Have to say that is one supplement that will remain stocked at all times.

I’ve heard that vitamin A has a restorative affect on the CNS. This would militate in favor of things like egg yolks, cod liver oil, whole milk, chicken skin, etc.