T Nation

Food to Eat at Work

Hi,

I recently graduated from college and I'm now working in a cubicle at a corporate office. Right after I graduated from school with the economy being all crappy and such, all I did was search for jobs, eat food, and work out.

I packed on about 20 lbs in 3 months (not really that impressive since I was only 5'9 and 145 when I graduated). I used to eat 7-8 times a day and now that I'm stuck in the office all day, I have to keep things professional so I can't exactly be eating full course meals at my desk every 2 hours.

I'm basically starving the entire time I'm at work and I would love any suggestions on what snack-type foods I can bring to work to stave off hunger before and after lunch. So far all I can think of are nuts and even some nutty granola bars. Basically, anything that I can hold in my hand and gulp down every half hour or so should keep those hunger pangs away.

This is my new latest favorite:

1 cup vanilla yogurt lowfat
1/2 cup 7 grain oats
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 scoop whey powder
fruit to taste

610 cal 8g fat 81g carb 12g fiber 44g protein, not including fruit

premix at home, keep cool

Beef/turkey jerky, mixed nuts, Metabolic Drive shakes are some of my favorites. I typically just graze all day long...moo.