Food Shortages are Coming But…

Not in the USA. Why are people reporting that food shortages are coming to the US? Are they illiterate or are they simply liars?

afterpress secretary Jen Psaki said that Americans are unlikely to face a food shortage.

“While we’re not expecting a food shortage here at home, we do anticipate that higher energy, fertilizer, wheat, and corn prices could impact the price of growing and purchasing critical fuel supply, food supplies for countries around the world,”
“And early estimates from the World Bank suggest disproportionate impacts on low and middle-income countries including in Africa, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.”

Maybe people are reporting that food shortages are coming to the USA because that’s what Joe Biden said two days ago.

2 Likes

He didn’t say food shortages were coming to the US. He said we might need to increase EXPORTS to alleviate shortages in other countries. That is how the food shortages will affect the US.

He seemed rather clear, by Joe Biden standards.

“With regard to food shortages, yes we did talk about food shortages. And it’s gonna be real. The price of these sanctions, it’s not just imposed upon Russia. It’s imposed upon an awful lot of countries as well, including European countries and our country as well.”

-Joe Biden, quoted from the video I linked above.

1 Like

And thats why liberal energy policies hurt the people they’re intended to help and mean virtually nothing to those in the upper echelons of society/the world.

Way #256. Make everything more expensive/create false scarcity.

2 Likes

I suppose if you stopped listening at that point you could end up willingly misinformed.

1 Like

That may be so, but my point is that there is another false narrative being put out there. It’s amazing how people can spend hours on youtube “educating” themselves yet cannot figure out how Google works.

Right zecarlo, Biden’s clarity really shone through in the rest of that speech. Which part stood out to you as making it clear that the shortages won’t affect the USA?

I suppose if you haven’t gone grocery shopping in the last year you wouldn’t notice the rather obvious empty shelves at times. This is due to an ongoing shortage of many consumer goods, including food. The food shortage has been with us for a while now, as have all kinds of other shortages.

I’m sure you’re ready to explain how that’s not a “real” food shortage, just like how you said defunding the police wasn’t a “real” Democrat policy and the lockdowns in the USA weren’t “real” lockdowns.

4 Likes

He doesn’t have to go grocery shopping.

He actually said that “we” talked about how we could “increase and disseminate more rapidly food shortages…”

I know, which is why I found zecarlo’s insistence that Biden clarified this somehow later in that clip to be, well, rather strange.

In reality, this is another blunder by a barely sentient Joe Biden that has to be immediately walked back by the Biden Administration’s spokesperson Jen Psaki. How many is that this week?

I believe Joe Biden said it best: “somewhere between 700 billion and a trillion 300 million billion.”

2 Likes

Hot off the presses:

"For God’s sake, this man cannot remain in power,” Biden said during a visit to Warsaw, Poland, in his strongest comments to date about his desire to see Putin gone.

Shortly after the speech, a White House official speaking on the condition of anonymity said Biden was not calling for Putin to be removed from office.

(Those Orange tweets were so much worse though, the worstest worst ever!!!)

“The president’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region," the official said. “He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change.”

1 Like

Let’s all hope Putin didn’t hit the red launch button between the time Biden slobbered out his gibberish, and his “spokespeople” “clarified” what Uncle Joe might or might not have said due to not remembering.

He also used the words “when you’re there”, referring to Ukraine when speaking to United States Army soldiers stationed in Poland. This isn’t a funny blunder, this is disastrous leadership.

2 Likes

This is the what happens when elections for real life positions of power are based on narratives rather than results.

As I’ve said elsewhere, let’s hope the world survives a leaderless USA until 2024.

Lord Almighty, I hate the word “narrative”.

1 Like

Luckily we have stalwart bastions of election integrity ensuring the people’s will is seen through. Things like Dominion voting machines, widespread mail-in voting, lack of voter ID, ballot harvesting practices and a media that relentlessly upholds journalistic integrity and ensures that Russian Disinformation like Hunter Biden’s laptop doesn’t get disseminated to the American people. Not to mention social media working in tandem with Democrats to ban the sitting President.

Thanks to all of that and more the people were able to enact our most urgent woke priorities during the cleanest election of all time, and now the whole world gets to live with the Biden Administration.

2 Likes

The most schadenfreude aspect occured even before that, in 2016, during the Republican primaries. When the media ignored Paul Manafort’s crooked dealings because guess what? -Manafort is good at the game, and the media knew Trump needed a dirty pro to get him the nomination, where they “knew” Trump would be the easy loser to Democratic manifest destiny of first female president…ROFLMFAO.

1 Like

I’m so thankful for the activists in the media industry here in the USA. It was so important to have them decode the secret meaning of the President’s English during the Trump years. How else would we have known that it was all rooted in white supremacy?

Now we need them to decode the secret meaning of the President’s English once again. How else will we know that it is not, in fact, the ramblings of an old and confused man who likes to paw and sniff scared little girls, but is actually great policy?

1 Like

As for the actual topic of this thread -the empty shelves were already there before the Ukraine war, just like gas prices were already rising/soaring. Conveniently, blame will shift to the lesser reason.

I shop at Trader Joe’s frequently, and multiple times have been told about empty shelves being due to “it’s sitting on a ship”.

2 Likes