T Nation

Food Quirks?

Hate anything coffee flavoured.

&

MUSHY FUCKING PEAS…DIE!

[quote]sluicy wrote:
Xab wrote:
With most of my breakfasts, I’ll cook myself 3 eggs over medium. I rarely manage to get all 3 yolks unbroken by the time they’re done, and that makes me a sad panda.

Cast iron pan? Butter? Metal spatula?[/quote]

A spatula? Hell no. I flip my eggs like a real man. I do, however, use a non-stick pan and I put a layer of Pam on there, so that helps a lot. I just need to get my flipping technique down.

i eat cereal with colors in color order, like lucky charms, eat all the oat pieces first, then the marshmellows in color order- no milk, i like to eat em by hand. fruit loops the same, all crap cereal i eat the less sugar parts first then save the craptastic sugarloaded bits for last

i prefer some foods as leftovers better then freshly made–cold lasagna, cold pizza, cold pasta, cold meat loaf, meatballs, cold burgers–pretty much any food i’d rather have it as leftovers and and cold then fresh.

eating any type of bread usually gives me the hicucps, orange juice gives me a big bubble burn type thing.

I fucking hate cilantro. If I eat anything with a hint of cilantro, I’ll gag. I can’t stand that shit.

Breakfast must always be smashed together. Egg whites,sausage after I’ve blotted most of the grease off,potatoes crushed with a fork and then all mixed up together while sprinkling paprika on it.

[quote]Mtnboy78 wrote:
Breakfast must always be smashed together. Egg whites,sausage after I’ve blotted most of the grease off,potatoes crushed with a fork and then all mixed up together while sprinkling paprika on it.[/quote]

Yes, that is me at breakfast. My eggs have to be easy so the potato mushes in real nice.

This thread is interesting!

I was sick as a kid and someone forced a banana on me, which I puked right up. Another time I choked on a piece of apple and it was a traumatic thing for a little kid. Since then, I don’t eat any fruit except for lemons, limes and maybe a few berries. Bananas and cantaloupe remind me of a dumpster type smell.

I also have to have an even texture with everything that I eat. Blueberry jam is out so are strawberry preserves since they have seeds. Grapes are as close to a cluster fuck as it gets for an edible item with pits and the skins. Orange juice has to be pulp free. In school, they would mix the old jello with the new jello and it would have hard spots in it.

I can’t have my salad on the same plate as my dinner, can’t stand the dressing mixed in with my food. Bones from chicken, etc have to be on a napkin next to my plate, which drives my wife nuts. Anything like butter or margarine has to be free of toast crumbs and has to be in a tightly sealed container. Butter dishes are out of the question as they might soak some 'fridge smell.

My refrigerator has to be spotless at all times, which is hard with kids around. Any spills have to be cleaned immediately, any smell and I take everything out of it, throw out ant science experiments and clean it top to bottom.

BG

Oh I hate IHOP. Everything about it. EVERYTHING…down to the overweight gay Hispanic waiter.

After a meal I always either brush my teeth or have a piece of gum (or sometimes brush my teeth then have a piece of gum).

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
I fucking hate cilantro. If I eat anything with a hint of cilantro, I’ll gag. I can’t stand that shit.[/quote]

cilantro tastes great on EVERYTHING. seriously, i will put it in anything i am cooking or even put it raw on certain foods.

With that said, i don’t have any food quirks. I can’t think of one food item i dislike or any OCD type characteristics i have. I will eat anything in front of me (as long as it fits into my macros) and i will enjoy it. Except i have not had a sip of soda(of any kind, even in alcohol) in 10 years but that is not a quirk…

I don’t like fish but I love eating…never mind.

beachguy498: your wife must love the clean fridge :slight_smile:

Growing: I had my first IHOP a few years ago and at the end of that meal I understood the obesity prob lol

waldo is always ready to kiss :*

JaX, do you buy or grow your own?

This thread is kinda interesting. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]debraD wrote:
Eggs must come out of the carton such that it is always balanced, most of the weight is on the outside and the centroid is in the middle, or if there is an uneven number of eggs (which is to be avoided, because it’s just not right) it has to balance as close to the centre as possible.

The next bread slice has to come from an even number of slices in so that there are matching pairs of slices leading up to the missing pieces.

Waffles must have butter in every square (that’s not really a quirk, that’s just good sense)

My obsession with odd/even or needing number patterns or balanced distribution(by weight, colour or pattern) in my meals (ie one egg, two bacon, 3 sausages, 4 pieces of toast) drove my mom crazy growing up. She had to convince me that peas were not whole units and I had to count them by tens because 4 peas was not acceptable for vegetables with dinner.

Before eating Smarties, they must be sorted and arranged like a bar graph in ascending order.

I don’t do this quite as much anymore.[/quote]

I’m in love.

[quote]nikinine wrote:

JaX, do you buy or grow your own?

[/quote]

i assume you mean cilantro, haha. Currently growing and have been for the last 3 months or so. Grows faster then i could ever use

[quote]artw wrote:
I don’t like fish but I love eating…never mind.[/quote]

do you like them in your mouth?

Any kind of pepper (green, red, yellow, jalapeno, chile)! I HATE that I don’t like them! I’ve tried for years to be able to…I just can’t do it. It’s all I can taste if they’re in a dish. It’s such a bummer!

Oatmeal’s hard for me to do too. Over the past year I’ve pretty much choked it down and gotten a little more used to it. I still can’t eat more than about 1/3 cup before getting nauseated. It’s just a texture thing with that though. And…my parents used to make me eat it.

I like the end pieces when eating bread, they are odd like me.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I like the end pieces when eating bread, they are odd like me. [/quote]

that is very insightful of you

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
I like the end pieces when eating bread, they are odd like me. [/quote]

this made me laugh my ass off