Food Plan

Hi Gang,
I am pretty impressed with the knowledge you guys have regarding health and fitness.
Here is my Big Question:
I am 30 years old,5.6" Tall and weigh around 155. I have been excercizing on and off for the last 10 years… I am pretty muscular(not ripped) but I can see fat all over my body.I try to change diets but looks like I am always around that 155 lb mark and my muscle appearence is pretty much same.
Now I do work out properly,(5 times a week) and eat sensiblly,I don’t have any cravings for any particular food, but looks like I don’t have good eating plan.
Basically I never use to eat Breakfast, I just started to do that last year, eat some sandwich for lunch and rice and some curry for dinner. I know it sucks!. Now I am single and don’t have much time to cook for meals. but if it is going to give results I am ready to spare that time, But I would prefer something which is easy fix and can bought at groceries, also any supplements.I saw T-mag low carb diet programe but have no clue what to shop for in grocery. Can any one of you give the food plan for a week,actually writting it down what to eat and when to eat.I know it is too much to ask but,I think I am getting lost with too much of info. So PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE…Just a weeks Fodd Plan Please…

Hoo boy… better get your fireproof suit on now…

Do a search in the T-Mag previous issues for “Diet Manifesto” and “Foods that Make You Look Good Naked”. I don’t think you’ll find anyone here to write a food plan for you. You need to do the legwork yourself.

i don’t know if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but here’s a sample of my daily intake for this point in my training. And i drink 2 cups water with every meal.

MEAL 1 P+C
1/2 MRP
60g Oatmeal
TOT PRO: 25 TOT CARBS: 38 TOT FAT: 5 TOT CAL: 303

MEAL 2 P+F
2 whole eggs
1/2 MRP
15ml flax oil
TOT PRO: 34 TOT CARBS: 10 TOT FAT: 26 TOT CAL: 406

MEAL 3 P+C
1/2 can tuna
85g pasta
1/4 cup pasta sauce
TOT PRO: 27 TOT CARBS: 70 TOT FAT: 1.6 TOT CAL: 400

MEAL 4 P+F (preworkout)
40g whey protein
15ml flax oil
TOT PRO: 32 TOT CARBS: 4.5 TOT FAT: 18 TOT CAL: 300

MEAL 5 P+C (post-workout)
40g whey protein
60g dextrose
TOT PRO: 32 TOT CARBS: 65 TOT FAT: 3.7 TOT CAL: 420

MEAL 6 P+C
50g pork loin
85g pasta
1/4 cup pasta sauce
TOT PRO: 22 TOT CARBS: 70 TOT FAT: 5.6 TOT CAL: 416

MEAL 7 P+F
100g eye of round steak
15ml olive oil
TOT PRO: 21 TOT CARBS: 0 TOT FAT: 20 TOT CAL: 258

Total Daily Intake
Protein: 192
Carbs: 257
Fat: 80
Calories: 2500

hope this helps...red some of john berardi's articles for lists of good foods.

good luck, you are about to get flamed!

Genovese gave you about the best answer you’re gonna get. I think you’re starting with zero knowledge on diet (sorry bud, you seem to have a 100% carb diet), so I’ll take it easy on you. First, increase your protein intake…eat at least 150g/day. (if you don’t, you’ll lose too much muscle while dieting). Second, start counting calories. Losing weight isn’t as simple as eating healthier. You have to consume less calories than you expend. If you don’t keep track, there’s no guarantee you’re losing weight. It’s a pain, I know, but it must be done.

Judging from your name,syntax,and the fact that curry seems to be a staple of your diet,I’m going to go out on a limb and ask if you’re nationality is Indian?If so are there any meat sources you are not allowed to eat?I know from different friends that depending on which branch of religion you believe,certain things are not eaten.

Raj,

Berardi has some great advice as the others. Another program I did last year that worked well incorporated the following numbers:
Multiply your bodyweight by 18 - that is the total number of calories EACH day that you eat.
The ratios of protein/carbs/fat you should take in are 30% protein/40% carbs/30% fat. The diet already listed is pretty close in total to that. Try to spread your calories out equally each meal, although it’s OK to get off a bit here and there. In the end, it’s all about your mouth - you have to eat!
On the workout side, 5 days a week? You should be weight training 3 days, doing 20 minutes of cardio for 20 minutes 2 days a week and that is 5 days. Rest and recovery are vital for hardgainers - don’t be tempted to overdo it. It won’t work. Put some intensity into those 3 a week workouts aiming to keep the workouts under 1 hour total. If you’re not toast in one hour, you’re not pushing yourself enough.

Good luck!

Also read the “Missing Ingredient” article, and “Dawg School: The Bodybuilder’s Hierarchy of Needs”, both by Chris Shugart. Check the FAQ and Previous Issues section of T-mag.

Thanks guys,
I really appreciate your Ideas and suggestions.
Yes,I am Indian I eat almost all meat,I will give it a try with your suggetions and keep you posted
Thanks Again

Some good things you can buy and that are easy to prepare can be found in 3 sections of the grocery store.The meat department,produce, and dairy.Oh yeah,don’t forget canned food aisle for tuna,chicken,and salmon.Buy eggs,beef steaks,ground beef or turkey,and frozen chicken breasts are quick easy and good. What has worked the best for me, is 3 to 4 meals a day. Typically meal one is 3 eggs and 4 pieces of bacon and 1 oz. of cheese. Meal 2 is a protein shake mixed with water not milk.Lunch is 1/2 to 3/4 lb. ground sirloin patties.Post workout I’ll have another protein shake mixed with water.For dinner I will have a can of tuna or chicken mixed with a teaspoon of mayo and a tbsp. of mustard,2 hard boiled eggs chopped in it, with a liberal dose of tabasco sauce,and a handful of raw spinach leaves and a tomato. As far as supplements go, a good protein powder,MD6,T2pro,fish oil,and flax oil.I hope this helps give you some ideas,as they have worked well for me.

What are your stats - height, weight, bf%?

Rod, Thank You very much,I will give it a try with your food suggestion.
BS I am 5.6" tall and weigh around 155 lbs,
I am also trying to cut down on Number of calories, rtying to eat around 1800,problems is when I prepare food i.e not can or box food, I don’t know exactly how many calories I take.anyway now that I got Ideas ,I will try those.Also If you could suggest some food Item where I can take to office and may be use Microwave or nothing at all That would be great.CAN I EAT FISH LIKE CANNED TUNA, SALMON ETC FOR LUNCH??? Thanks again