Food on a Schedule

I’ve come to realize that if a diet is not convenient, there’s a greater chance that one will break it. That being said I’m always searching for healthy quick meals.

I’d enjoy it if some of yall could throw some new ideas out there in terms of quick meals.

Here are some I’ve been doing lately. (What do you think?)

Turkey Sausage & Rice:

It takes about 4-6 min to cook a cup of rice. Turkey Sausage can be thrown in with the rice while it’s cooking. Sprinkle some spice on it and it’s tasty.

Canned Turkey Chili & Beans:

Takes about 2:30 in the microwave to heat up. Put a hand full of cheese on top and you have a meal.

Post-WO shake:

Everyone does these different. I go for 1egg, 2 whey, 2cups of milk, and a banana.

Simple Breakfast:

I normally scramble about 5 eggs then throw a hand full of cheese on it. Acouple of days ago I didn’t feel like cookin in the morning, so I just put the 5 eggs in the blender w/ milk and whey. Didn’t taste half bad.

Daily Liquids:

I add an easy 1k calories a day by drinking a 1/2 gallon of milk. I try to take in about the same in water.

Easy Snack:

Spoon + Jiff Natural PB… with milk.

What yall think?

Another quick meal replacement, 2 scoops chocolate whey and 2tbsp Natural PB.

Calories: 450
Fat: 20 Grams
Carbs: 14 Grams
Protein: 53 grams

Plus the PB I use has Omega 3 in it.

Add coconut milk to shakes - plenty of fat and tastes better than water.

Never cook just 1 meal, make enough for next dinner or take to work.

Hard boiled eggs.

If you’re going to bake a chicken breast, bake 2/3 leave another in the fridge for sandwichs/salads for the next day

Have multiple shaker bottles.

Get a coffee grinder - grind porridge oats add to shaker bottles.

I read an article yesterday from the archives and they had a pretty cool tip to add calories throughout your day. They said get some Extra Virgin Oil and take 2-3 shots of it a day.

Rocky2, Do you add water? That sounds like “sludge”. I used to add water, mix, then put in the freezer for 10 min. Came out tasting like pudding.

[quote]James Keeton wrote:

Rocky2, Do you add water? That sounds like “sludge”. I used to add water, mix, then put in the freezer for 10 min. Came out tasting like pudding. [/quote]

Well to be honest most of the time I just mix the whey in water and drink it separately from the PB. However occasionally I’ll add 2 cups of milk, whey, and PB and throw it in the blender. Tastes very good.

Never tried putting it in the freezer. I’ll give that a try sometime.