T Nation

Food Log?

I read the FFB Handbook, and would like to start a good diet regimen soon.

I’ve tried pretty much everything I can diet-wise and I’m eating a lot healthier but I can’t seem to stop myself from eating too big of portions.

I have tried the whole food log thing with my mom at one point from weight watchers and would like to see what you guys would think a food log for someone who’s looking to cut calories and carbs should look like.

I eat a TON of fruits and veggies (particularly bananas, can’t get enough of them!)

I have a problem too with not stretching out my meals and eating more at one time instead of smaller meals more times during the day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been sweating my ass off at the gym trying to get a physique but I just feel like my dietary habits are terrible.

Sorry for the mix up I have a problem with doing something before I completly read through it. I’d still like to try the V-Diet when I get some money to buy the supplements. But until then I would like to think of a way to eat better.

I have found that the “Diet Minder” through Amazon.com was HUGE help for me to get my eating back on track. They also have the “Exercise Minder” to help keep track of your workouts as well as a section for each day’s food. Either way, they are easy to use and very helpful in keeping track of the macronutrients.

Sounds like your problem is not the food log, but the fact that you’re not exercising your will power enough.
I mean, c’mon, you’re a man, not jelly fish. I’ve never seen food that jumps into someone’s mouth then starts to chew itself.

Here’s what I would do: I would continue to keep the food log, but set several “checkpoints” through the day - at least two of them, let’s say at noon and late afternoon. Let’s call them the 33% and the 67% checkpoint.
Just do the math and see how much calories / protein / fat / carbs are you allowed to eat in one day. At the 33% checkpoint, do the math and make sure you only had 33% of each (cal / P / F / C). At the 67% checkpoint, do the math again.

If at any checkpoint you overshoot, tough luck buddy, repent until the next checkpoint.

Food logs, diets, websites, support groups - all these things are just additional tools, and are pure junk if you’re not using your own will power.

The will power, the self-determination, and the ability to reason, draw conclusions and follow_through are unique to the human species. Other living creatures do not possess these things.

So, are you a man or something else?