Food Log Example

i just wanted to get some input on a sample of my daily food log, im 20 years old, 5’10, 190 pounds looking to build muscle. (althouhg water is listed with some meals i constantly drink water throughout the day averaging about 3-4 litres a day)

8:56am protein shake(whey, water)
multivitamin and fish oil
kashi crunch cereal in 1% milk
yougurt

11:48 chicken ceasar salad with ranch dressing
fruit, yougurt and granola mix
water

2:06 wholegrain tuna sandwich
fruit cup
water

3:04 protein shake (whey, water)

GO TO GYM

4:21 protein shake (whey,casein, water)
oatmeal mixed with 1% milk

5:38 fettuccini with chicken breast
1% milk
fish oil

8:24 4 whole eggs, scrambled
water
1oz extra virgin olive oil

11:00 protein shake (casein, water)

just lookin for some advice and criticisms. my goal once again is to build muscle and i am extremely dedicated and have maybe a cookie or something like that once every few months and i never drink alcohol so any advice on how to improve this would be greatly appreciated and rememeber this is only a sample day but all other days are fairly similar.

thanks

Criticism: You did not give us over all calories or macros.

If I had to take a guess just looking at it I would wager that you are eating too little.

yea my bad for not counting calories which is stupid, im going to start, i was gaining weight quite steadily so i didnt keep track but now im starting to slow down so i will begin counting for sure

thanks

[quote]Tumbles wrote:
Criticism: You did not give us over all calories or macros.

If I had to take a guess just looking at it I would wager that you are eating too little.[/quote]

Without the specifics it is difficult to say; but my general impression is you will need to eat more!!!

Obviously you’ve no problems eating clean but i’m saying not enough food. How are your energy levels throughout the day? How tall are you as well and approx body fat? Have you tried eating more carbs and testing insulin tolerance etc? I assume you are not gaining with this diet otherwise you wouldnt ask so the immediate response is eat more good clean stuff, i get my surplus cals from oatcakes with peanut butter, 6-10 of those a day gives me up to 800kcals.
DJ

8:56am protein shake(whey, water)
kashi crunch cereal in 1% milk
yougurt

*** Not too too bad… how much whey? Make it 2 scoops…

11:48 chicken ceasar salad with ranch dressing
fruit, yougurt and granola mix
water

*** How much chicken? Try getting at LEAST 6 - 8oz… if you are… great… can the ranch dressing though… and make your own with EVOO… the fruit yogurt, and granola aren’t too bad…

2:06 wholegrain tuna sandwich
fruit cup
water

*** How much Tuna? Try getting 2 cans… make 2 sandwiches…

3:04 protein shake (whey, water)

*** Again… how much? Also… get some carb powder (Malto or something similar) and have a scoop of each… with 5g of creatine, and 5g of glutamine… also take 10g BCAAs

GO TO GYM

4:21 protein shake (whey,casein, water)
oatmeal mixed with 1% milk

*** Good stuff… but I would can the oats, and have ANOTHER scoop of malto with a scoop of whey… (same as before…) all with creatine and glutamine… 5g each… and 10 more grams of BCAAs…

5:38 fettuccini with chicken breast
1% milk
fish oil

*** How much chicken breast?? usually those types of meals have 3 - 4 oz… get at LEAST 6 - 8… drink whole milk…

8:24 4 whole eggs, scrambled
water
1oz extra virgin olive oil

*** Not bad… but jack those eggs up to 6 instead… if not 8…

11:00 protein shake (casein, water)

*** Good stuff… drink 2 scoops… and I like to use ZMA before bed also…

thanks man thats awesome help whenever its chicken its usually one full boneless breast and always 1 full can of tuna in a sandwich and usually just one full scoop of protein except post workout its 1 scoop whey 1 scoop casein. for the extra eggs should i eat 6 full eggs or do you tihnk four whole and like 3 0r 4 egg whites ?

again thanks for the help def appreciated man

[quote]corey_31 wrote:
thanks man thats awesome help whenever its chicken its usually one full boneless breast and always 1 full can of tuna in a sandwich and usually just one full scoop of protein except post workout its 1 scoop whey 1 scoop casein. for the extra eggs should i eat 6 full eggs or do you tihnk four whole and like 3 0r 4 egg whites ?

again thanks for the help def appreciated man[/quote]

No problem… one breast will probably give you between 3 - 5oz… have 1.5 or two… if you can… I know it can get $$$ though…

I would just eat 6 whole eggs… get the extra 4g or protein and some good fat… :slight_smile: