Following Politics, Following the Money

Those damn CEOs ruining the Middle Class!!

God damn CEOs make so much money!!

I love the business insider link “Charts Expose How Badly NFL Players Get Paid”. Average salary is $1,900,000, which is like 33x the average US household income.

Cristiano Ronaldo 1,632x the average US household - dude plays soccer
LeBron James 1,512x the average US household - dude plays basketball
Rory Mcllroy 877x the average US household - dude plays golf (something most of us peasants spend money to play for fun)

But the GOD DAMN CEOs managing Billion dollar businesses and tens of thousands of employee how dare they make 200x their average employee. HOW DARE THEY!!!

1 Like

Fucking Mark Wahlberg made $68,000,000 to act in movies and commercials. The Rock made $65M (1,140x)

But Muh CEOs

Better get that Single-payer and soon!!
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trustees-warn-medicares-financial-problems-181705087.html

1 Like

Marky Mark is definitely evil. He has a stuffed bear that talks and smokes weed. I know black magic when I see it.

3 Likes

IIRC Jackie Chan is worth 2 billion but I can’t remember if it’s in yuan or USD. If it’s in yuan, it’s still around 300 million USD. Evil Chinaperson.

2 Likes

No, it won’t. Not for a long damn time. It’s amusing you think otherwise.

Who supports policies that YOU believe to make people suffer. You’re obviously wrong, but that never stopped you before.

1 Like

The problem, though, is that this:

is a function of this:

Much of the outsized CEO compensation is due to the fact that it is also tied to stock options, and investors - especially institutional investors - will pay a king’s ransom for a CEO who is single mindedly focused on goosing short term returns. And the tradeoff is the company doesn’t invest in long term health, and workers don’t share the short term gains that are achieved. In short, because of this model, CEOs get paid more, investors get paid more, but workers don’t. And the CEO and his workforce are no longer on the same page in terms of goals.

The widening gap is a problem. Just ask J.P. Morgan.

5 Likes

I’ve got no problem with that assessment for issuers. I personally think stock options should not be a legal form of compensation as I think it creates a conflict of interest.

My point, though, is that scapegoating CEO pay as the cause of the pay gap is ridiculous as there are numerous examples of individuals making hundreds of times that of an average worker paid for by said average worker.

3 Likes

usmccds423’s thought: A corporation cannot be held liable or be blamed for wrong doing as it is made up of people. Therefore it is not a person. Only the people who run the corporation can be blamed.

Does this really matter?

What does Tiger’s yacht have to do with anything?

And who is responsible for hollowing out the middle class? Seems that it would be close to impossible within the greatest economic system in the world.

So are you insinuating the hollowing out of the middle class is dependent on high paid athletes?

Is Mark W. and the Rock responsible for shipping thousands of jobs overseas and throwing thousands of Americans out of work to get that pay?

Dude, lol. Wow.

It matters to anyone that wants to a) know what’s actually happenings and b) wants to have a real conversation about the pay gap.

The point is, you scapegoat CEOs that run multi-billion dollar companies while ignoring the thousands of pro-athletes that make hundreds to thousands of times the average workers pay off the backs of said workers.

No one single entity is responsible for the “hollowing out” of the middle class. Part of the hallowing is the upper end of the middle class moving into the upper class.

The greatest economic system in the world is responsible for the creation of the middle class in the first place.

Jesus Christ

Just stop with this nonsense. Consumers, the government, COGS, and profitability all play a role. Now watch as you deflect and go back to your usual BS.

1 Like

Yes, why pay less overall and get better results. Oh wait, only every other modern country can do it except the U.S. Do you think the lack of tax revenue may have anything to do with it? Viva la tax cuts. And what about the garbage food pushed by Agri-business that helps to promote disease and destroy the health of the public? oh wait, I forgot no one is putting a gun to their head so it’s not possible they are being influenced by the money spent on lobbying, advertising and food science. I forgot they just spend those millions for the fun of it. BTW, how is your job search coming? You can explain to them that you can save them millions by letting them know that none of that stuff has any effect. What a complete fool!

Jesus Christ.

A corporation can be held liable since it is a legal entity.

Unless it gains sentience, the blame will have to be put on the people running it.

Jesus Tapdancing Christ

LMAO

1 Like

You’re still using this line. We went back and forth for like 2 days on it. Repeat after me

“Why pay less per capita and get better results”

It’s more overall. Quit ignoring basic math. It’s not about the overall cost, it’s about per capita

I don’t even know what to say anymore
 This shit is ridiculous.

Aids and abets in absolute stupidity.