Following Politics, Following the Money

One of our clients at work is actually a company I’m sure you’d recognize the name of. We don’t do their BPO placement, but we handle their IT/IT contracting side and some various admin departments.

Is there a particular reason for the turnover lately? Assuming you’re doing a lot of work out of India or SE Asia, the turnover generally isn’t terrible, but I’m not sure if anything specific is happening in that industry

There are a couple, but companies are loath to admit that they’ve thrown good money after bad.
Its site specific.

1. The recruiter gets a bonus for meeting her numbers. Not quality, but quantity.
  2. More subtle- Word has gotten around the ghetto- If you want to collect some easy paychecks go here. Sit through a long training and get paid, then quit, sandbag till they fire you, what ever.

So they are flooded with hood rats and trash of all types on that front.

Super turn around management guy has reverted to “The beatings shall continue until moral improves!”. ← In over his head, and my personal opinion is that he’s a corporate grifter.

1 Like

I think this is gonna be the one that’s hurting her. Recruiters having head targets over quality is very common. It’s so hard to pin performance of a recruiter on performance of the candidate.

But if the standards are too low, that usually points to total wages being too low and standards having to compensate. That’s almost unheard of in India/SE Asia for industries that service America/EU. If the leadership is just shitty to work for, the pay has to come up pretty considerably.

One of the reasons I really started to enjoy the staffing industry was when I was shown the relation between pay/work experience operates a lot like a general supply and demand would.

Its pretty easy with this one. No one gets denied, no matter how much coaching they need to get through the “screening” how badly they filled out the application, nothing.

Me too. I worked at a place that had a reputation like this a while back. It was essentially a death spiral. And with a long training like they have and the amount of time it takes for the employee to actually pass the break even, they are bleeding money.

Its good that you enjoy it. I was signed on with Aerotek for a while. They were pretty good. They give me a call, I go take the weld test, etc. and it all worked out pretty nicely.

My first job out of college was through Robert Half. My mom worked at the Manpower branch back when we lived in WV when I was little as well. People seriously underestimate the exposure of staffing companies.

1 Like

At what point do we tell Zep a corporation basically is a type of co-op? As a matter of fact most modern day cooperatives “incorporate” so they can do things like sell shares, transfer ownership and hedge against suits.

Co-op: "A cooperative, often shortened to “co-op,” is a business that is owned and operated by and for the benefit of its members.

A cooperative is formed when several people identify an unmet need. For example, artisans in a downtown area might see the need for a conveniently located market; freelancers might identify the need for a co-working space. Potential members then conduct cost and feasibility studies and explore financing possibilities."

Corporation: “a body formed and authorized by law to act as a single person although constituted by one or more persons and legally endowed with various rights and duties including the capacity of succession”

1 Like

I believe your link mentioned retraining costs would take 2-3 years to fully realize. I wouldn’t consider that immediately.

I meant the reason is not always related to performance. It could simply be to save money. It’s a common cost reduction measure.

I was speaking specifically about hc reduction not turnover.

I’ve thought more about it and, yes, this scenario is unlikely and would require a specific set of circumstances.

However, I think a more viable and likely scenario is simply using the salary disclosure to identify HC to eliminate w/ no backfill to reduce OPEX.

Maybe not for joint issues but for chronic disease it would if the pharma industry is reigned in.

Maybe not but businesses run by the majority for the benefit of the majority creates a different, better economic model than we currently have.

Again, what has this currently done for the population in the U.S.? Stagnant wages, hollowing out of the middle class. Is this something to be proud of?

So this means we should settle?

In no helpful way from politicians. Only because the public demanded it and the politicians have self-preservation in mind. And going to jail is a cost. Do you deny this? There are only a handful of states who’ve legalized it for recreational use.

I think you’re confusing lobbying with donations. All those small donations received by Sanders. He is being manipulated by the population instead of the corporate/billionaire class.

Just calling them as I see them:)

Not 300 but 204 is still beyond comprehension. I guess it’s all about which stats you believe in. https://www.glassdoor.com/research/ceo-pay-ratio/

And that is for the average worker, not the lowest paid.

Viva la capitalism.

And the cooperative workers can fire the management. Not the other way around.

This would happen far less in a Co-Op business, where shareholders aren’t a thought.

curious - what’s the difference between the owners of a co-op and shareholders?

2 Likes

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but well said. A definite problem.

I doubt it, since it’s not happening now.

USMC and myself were discussing a hypothetical scenario. It doesn’t actually exist yet

1 Like

I know. Isn’t it great?

I’m not evil enough at this point in time to be earning that much, but I can say for a fact that my employees won’t be getting a pay raise even if my shareholders made me take a pay cut.

Which leads me to question.

What is your point?

Coming from a guy, whom I believe, supports policies that make the public suffer in order to produce more profits for the pharma industry. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Coming from a guy who not only wants to release unverified treatment methods and make the taxpayer pay for it, but thinks an industry can have a monopoly over an industry.

You should be much more ashamed of yourself.

2 Likes

How so?

Maybe this is how Co-Ops are like corporations.

Not according to usmccds423.

Huh??

Not really.
Take Whirlpool

Jeff Fettig is charged with managing a multi-billion dollar company and his salary represents 1.54% of operating expenses. Your $80k average is low-level management w/ limited responsibilities.

But here’s the thing you and most of the people that cry over CEO compensation miss:

1. The majority of his pay is not salary (18%), but other compensation like bonus’ (2%) and stock options (80%).
  2. Even if he made $0, that’s an extra $190/employee a year (they have 92,000). That’s an extra $7/ paycheck. Whoa. Spread that wealth.

Where the hell did Glassdoor get $17M anyway

The greatest economic system in the history of the world.

1 Like