Following Politics, Following the Money

How long has this been going on? Spine regeneration works best when administered closer to the accident. I believe that Miami University is working with The Stem Cell Institute on a clinical trial for spinal cord damage.

He has been paralyzed (quadriplegic) for 30 years. He has participated in a couple of studies at various hospitals over the years.

So yea, medical care is dolled out by need in single-payer so if someone wants a facelift and another has a heart problem then the heart problem takes precedence. Man, how evil.

And our system rations choice by the size of your bank account. The ACA a totally republican idea.

[quote=“anon50325502, post:855, topic:241023”]
Lolz. You, the guy that wants to throw people in jail because of your feelz thinks he knows what freedom truly is. Fucking hilarious.
[/quote/]

So Pharma ought to be able to deny the choice to the public in an effort to make more money. And that is okay with you?

Here is some info. www.greenmedinfo.com/search/google-cse#gsc.q=medical cannabis

So there goes your Bob Marley analogy. You seek to uphold policies that deny the public choice. You make light of the people who are claiming relief by saying, in essence, they only like the feeling. So medicinal legalization is mainly for the public to get high and not relieve they’re symptoms. You are truly a total piece of shit.

Would you call the disparity of wealth a success?
Would you call the thousands of lost jobs shipped overseas so that those at the top can make more a success?

Once Co-Ops take over then these things will become far less of a problem.

As usual just accusations.

Am I too assume you disagree with Citizens United?

The proof that it works is everywhere. Cutting down opioid deaths by as much as 25%. Just take a look yourself or do you want me to hold your hand?

Not only is it more effective than synthetic chemicals made by pharma it has far less side effects. Has there ever been 1 death attributed to cannabis? Not so with pharmaceuticals. Even if it did cost more, which it doesn’t, wouldn’t it be worth the higher cost to not get addicted and have death as a constant threat?

My gawd you’re uninformed. Just so ignorant.

Where do I excuse politicians?

You make excuses all day for corporations.

None of this has anything to do with the corruption they pursue.

You missed the point how unusual of you
 I always chuckle when you try to draw a distinction between necessary and elective procedures knowing full well that every Stem Cell treatment is an elective procedure. So, you favor not giving people the choice to have elective Stem Cell treatments them? Did I zep right?

Further, as has been demonstrated, a “heart problem” does not take precedence because a lot of Single-payer systems have shortages or bed, doctors, etc
 They can’t handle the volume because, as many of us understand, you can’t have free, fast, and affordable at once. It’s damn near if not impossible to have all three simultaneously.

It has nothing to do with good or evil this isn’t a fucking comic book.

Some care is rationed based on the size of your bank account. The vast majority of care is not. You act like every single person in America, not just American’s but just physically here, can’t get a heart procedure for free. We have like 500 social programs to pay for life-threatening diseases and we have an actual LAW prohibiting hospitals from turning patients away.

This is literally just a search page
 But, it doesn’t even matter because I favor legalization of marijuana

Ya, bro. People are fighting tooth and nail to legalize marijuana for the potential health benefit. Right, I’m sure that’s the vast majority of em.

Not once have I made light of their claim not have I even dismissed their claims. Try reading what’s written one time.

Lolz.

Didn’t name a successful economic model. I wonder why

I would consider the greatest economy in the history of the world a success.

Garbage, already dismattled garbage.

1. You didn’t even know what a co-op was until I explained it to you. 2) Co-ops have been around for fucking ever, lol. I mean, fucking lol. 3) They ain’t taking over, ever.

I
don’t
even
pharmaceuticals

Fuck, if this isn’t why our one-sided back and forths are so funny. I despise taking pharmaceuticals and only do so if absolutely necessary. I don’t even like to take Tylenol I use Biotest Curcumin instead. Jesus
 I am all about holistic health. Fuck.

What the fuck are you even talking about. It costs more than buying it off the street because of taxation (your friend) and business/administrative costs. This isn’t complicated. It has nothing to do with a comparison between pharmaceutical costs and marijuana costs. We literally had this conversation with @pfury like last week.

You excuse politicans every single time you say something stupid like

Paraphrasing “Corproations buy politcians”. Politcians have to accept the money in order to be bought. It’s a two way transaction. This isn’t complicated.

I have never once made an excuse for a corporation’s actions. I just happen to actually understand what’s happenings and what I’m talking about and don’t just gobble your bullshit.

Corporations don’t pursue corruption, you’re fucking stupid.

1 Like

MONOPOLY PROFITS

3 Likes

No, it IS the fucking point. That’s why we asked you those 3 questions.

Lol. That’s colossally stupid to say even for you.

Now THAT’S the kind of profits I’m talking about!

Side note: we still never play Monopoly at my house anymore. Too many fights broke out
boards flipped over

Seems appropriate for this shitshow of a thread:
“CEO’s are paid too much”

Thanks, government!

1 Like

I know you’re probably just baiting Zep, but I have 0% disagreement with a publicly traded company being required to disclose top exec salaries.

The market is supposed to crack the whip on greedy human nature, not the govt.

I don’t really care either way in relation to issuers tbh (why stop at executive pay? Might as well just disclose the pay of everyone), but, at least in Buffet’s opinion, it’s driving executive pay up not cracking the whip.

1 Like

I wouldn’t necessarily be opposed to that. Probably wouldn’t be nearly as much demand for the data though

I’d bet it is. The free market has never been all that great at stopping high level greed. It’s mostly mid/low level.

The way the power dynamic changes as you climb the ladder is too different for the free market to stop high level greed on its own imo

I think you could easily see shareholders demanding HC reduction to increase profitability.

Perhaps, but Buffet’s point is basically that the required transparency has lead to pay levels that wouldn’t necessarily exist without it. In other words, the regulatory transparency (something I support for issuers) has potentially caused the inflation of executive pay. So, in a way, the government has exacerbated the wage gap.

It reminds of professional athletes. No way Joe Flacco becomes the highest paid QB if NFL player salary is confidential, imo.

But this can be done without line item pay per employee

Indirectly I would definitely agree. Imo the govt isn’t the culprit here though. Human greed relies on information to know where the line is. Unfortunately more information means those with the means to abuse it will be able to

Never understood that one tbh. Never made much sense to me to disclose that stuff. Seems like it just became an excuse for why your team lost.

Sure, but it would be more of a blind “reduce HC by 5%” type of thing. Depending on the # of employees and the tenacity of shareholders you might even see the targeting of specific employee based on their pay. From a managerial perspective that’s a nightmare.

The way I see it is a) the government requires the disclosure by law so it’s at least partially their fault (whether the disclosure in the aggregate is a good thing or not) and b) I don’t see it as greed, but a negotiation tool. I know, for me, anytime I’m looking for work or being promoted I take a gander at glassdoor (glass ceiling?) to get an idea of where I am in relation to others in the same field/job. If I’m unhappy I can (and have) requested higher pay. Does that make me greedy? Some might say yes, but they don’t pay my mortgage
 I don’t see it as any different at the executive level.

Maybe in the U.S.

Where is your sources that back up your insinuation that people just want to get high? Just a bunch of stoners.

You’ve implied it several times. Just try reading what you type. Oh I forgot, sometimes you don’t mean what you type. Forgive me for not mind-reading.

One run by the people not the managerial class. Co-Ops.

So what has this great system done for Americans lately?

Thrown people out on the streets. Made homeless veterans.

Real awesome!

Have done nothing of the sort. Saying you have is not the same thing.

Total bullshit.

the-future-of-business/
They fare better than private business. What is there number 1 obstacle to get started? Funding. So when Jeremy Corbyn was asked about this he smiled and said, that the government will fund the at low interest rates
That is, co-ops have a higher business survival rate of around 2 to 1.[4][5][6] than private business.

It will take some time but eventually they will be the dominant business structure.

And you risk going to jail. Any proof that it costs more than pharmaceuticals. Should I just believe you cause you said it?

So why do they bribe politicians?
So I guess that you’re fucking stupid.

Possibly, but I doubt it. That’s pretty deep in the weeds for someone whose job it is to make a company more efficient, let alone your average shareholder.

Not to speak of the inevitable wrongful firing suits that would stem from it. No way it ever comes close to cash flow positive for the company

I can get on board with a non zero amount of blame

I had a big block typed out but as I read it it’s meh. It really is a subjective thing at what point “negotiation” transitions to “greed.” I might think that an exec making 50mil a year is being greedy if he demands more, but I’m not attached enough to that view to care if people agree with me.

Ultimately if the market can bare a higher salary, ultimately that’s what you’re “worth.” I do think a day will come when the market stops stomaching the massive difference between employee and exec, but that day is not this day

1 Like

There is an intermediary between the market (shareholders) and the humans that decide executive pay (the board). Board members are almost all c-suiters themselves. So it behooves them to drive up average C-suite compensation.

The free market way to fox this problem is to use activist investors to elect board members who want to push that number down.

I’ve often wondered why corporations just don’t shop around more for CEO’s more.

Candidate A: 50 years experience, Harvard MBA, excellent leader. $50 million/year

Candidate B: 40 years experience, Wharton MBA, still a great leader, but 10% less effective than candidate A. $25 million/year

Wow, what a nuanced point. Almost as astute as usmccd423.

Which is why I don’t think high level execs can be reigned in with the free market in it’s current state. Too much for guarding the hen house.

While this is a possible fix, I don’t think it’ll ever be plausible. The necessary capital would be staggering

“You scratch my back I scratch yours.” Probably ties into the board/exec relationship you spoke of. Not much in the way of incentive for a board member to keep pay down for execs

A “healthcare” system that tries to prevent people from getting better in the name of profits is absolutely awful.