Following Politics, Following the Money

What kind of complete and utter bullshit is this? Fucking lol. You got me, a bunch of like-minded clowns got together and made a word up. Cool :+1:

Lol, a one page “case-study” with 3 citations. D- for lack of effort. Ridiculous.

One of the links doesn’t even work, shocking

So are you saying there is no hope and we ought to continue with the same? Are there not differences between governments? Who does this government represent?

And what of the measurements of particular strains?

Can dealers be trusted with this?

Do you have to be registered with the government for recreational use?

Way to completely miss his point.

Jobs can still sack you for smoking weed off the clock. Only an idiot risks their job when a much lower risk (street) avenue exists.

Is this not a problem?

Well, I didn’t write that

That would depend on whether or not the drugs are still in your system when you clock in. If they are, sorry not sorry pack your shit. In a warehouse environment, you can’t have people that are impaired.

Now those are some marching orders I can get behind![quote=“Zeppelin795, post:585, topic:241023”]
And what of the measurements of particular strains?

Can dealers be trusted with this?
[/quote]

Particular strains serve very little importance to the vast majority of users. Strain specific needs are very rare, usually revolving around a rare condition.

Also, my sister (who deals) and ex brother in law (who deals) both buy their goods straight from dispensaries. The strains aren’t hard to google.

I don’t believe so, but that doesn’t really impact people’s worries that the govt is tracking it anyways

Imo the distinction that needs to be drawn (but really can’t be, I acknowledge that) is the activity level based on the half life of the substance.

It would take me 6 weeks to pee clean, over a year for a hair test, but you don’t wake up high just because it’s still in your system

I don’t want to see anyone lose their job because they smoke when they’re off. I also don’t want to see someone die because they’re not sober and they crash a several thousand pound fork truck.

I don’t know what the solution is, though.

Works great for Putin.

I don’t know if there is one tbh. I’ve met people that can get high off their ass and 4 hours later they could run a 5k. Opposite to that I know a girl who took one hit of my bong and she was essentially useless for 6 hours.

I think the grey area is going to have to lean in favor of the employer. Plus we’ve already made it legal to not allow your employees to smoke cigs off the clock. Not sure why weed needs to be different

1 Like

True, but (imo) that’s wrong.

I would agree. Moreso commenting on the line that already exists and the parallels.

Fwiw I have no problem with any employer firing any employee for something they do in their free time, assuming they can prove it had an impact on work performance.

1 Like

Perhaps. It may just be that I have no idea what “publically” means.

No. That’s what you’re saying. You want continued regulation and intervention. You want it to be done differently(“We should just do it my way!” There are millions of other people out there who also believe they have the answer, by the way.), but you want to continue with the same.

If you’re paying someone to work, then his coming to work with hair that’s not purple and pink impacts his work performance if that’s what you demand he do.

I’d say purple hair impacting work performance would need to be quanitifed. In a sales or customer facing job that wouldn’t be all that hard, all other scenarios best of luck.

Otoh, If there’s a prior agreement with the employee (many companies have acceptable dress policies for this reason) nothing would stop the employer from the hair color firing regardless of performance.

How would that be done? He’s working for you. Purple hair pleases you; brown hair does not. What more needs said? When you’re an employee, you work for your employer. Your employer works for his customers.

Strawberries are in season. Horrah! Random statements that don’t pertain to one another.

One of the many reasons I don’t subscribe to Libertarian philosophies is stuff like this. The logical extension of their views lead them to draw the line far differently than I do.