Triceps Press Downs - 2x4-6
Seated Overhead Triceps Extension - 1x4-6

Friday - Biceps and Abs

Straight Bar Curl - 2x4-6
Standing Dumbbell Curl - 2x4-6
EZ Bar Curl - 1x4-6
Leg Raise (Weighted) - 2x12-15
Cable Crunch - 2x8-10

What about Hypertrophy Specific Training?

put deads first, u dont need a seperate bicep day, if u need something to grow u should hit it twice a week with a lower volume, u can use a three day split then take a day off then repeat for growth, reps you should pick because u might grow on low u might grow on super high its what ur body does for u experiment youve got time

I really loathe posters who don’t use correct grammer. Spelling mistakes are acceptable, but techno-can just reads stupid.

If you’re sick of Starting Strength/It’s not working, you might want to consider working in the 8-10 rep range instead of the 4-6. This includes for big exercises, like squats, deadlifts, and benching.

Keep your training fluid, and make sure to progress. By that, I mean consistently add weight, reps or sets to (preferably all, but) at least one main exercise. Your later lifts will typically suffer during a workout, so it’s difficult to measure progress based upon those, which is why I recommend putting the big heavy exercises up at the very beginning (which you have, btw).

But you know that already.

Looks good, good luck, and let us know how it works.

Question numero uno: How long did you follow Starting Strength?

Question dos: What kind of gains (bodyweight and strength) did you develop over that time?

Presuming that hypertrophy is your goal right now:

I’m really not digging your proposed routine. The sessions are very low volume, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But, low volume workouts usually imply a higher frequency (hitting each bodypart more often each week to create more total work done).

For example, you’ve got 7 sets of chest work (very poor exercise choice, by the way) and 6 sets of forearms. Do your forearms really need as much work as your chest? Especially considering they’re getting worked on back day and biceps day.

Part of the reason Starting Strength works so well is because you’re (very basically) hitting every bodypart three times a week. Your proposed plan changes that, for the worse.

Do you mean this?

I’m not familiar with it, so I can’t comment too much. I’d give it a solid shot (or any of the other programs in the archive) for six or eight weeks, and then re-evaluate things.

i love how people take a step in a good direction by doing a tested and successful program and then decide that they will self design their new program.

It truly is snatching defeat from the hands of victory.

i also love how all the follow up progs to SS are body part splits. If starting strength worked for you I’d repeat it. that or id try a different program until i had a feel of what worked for me.

-chris

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:
Question numero uno: How long did you follow Starting Strength?

About six months and that included a few deloads except for the deadlift.

Question dos: What kind of gains (bodyweight and strength) did you develop over that time?

i started like at 185-190lbs and ended up at 215lb. I decided to stop once i was able to hit 5 reps with 225 powerclining for at least one set and thats what i did but like i said it took 2 deloads.

Presuming that hypertrophy is your goal right now:

I’m really not digging your proposed routine. The sessions are very low volume, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But, low volume workouts usually imply a higher frequency (hitting each bodypart more often each week to create more total work done).

For example, you’ve got 7 sets of chest work (very poor exercise choice, by the way) and 6 sets of forearms. Do your forearms really need as much work as your chest? Especially considering they’re getting worked on back day and biceps day.

i could change that if i find nothing better because i really dont need a bigger chest than what i got now, my forearms are strong from all that time spent on SS but they still look not like i want them i guess its just genetics.

Part of the reason Starting Strength works so well is because you’re (very basically) hitting every bodypart three times a week. Your proposed plan changes that, for the worse.

What about Hypertrophy Specific Training?
Do you mean this?

I’m not familiar with it, so I can’t comment too much. I’d give it a solid shot (or any of the other programs in the archive) for six or eight weeks, and then re-evaluate things.[/quote]

I might change i to Hypertrophic specific Program since things stays withing a 3 days split. It seems like a real awkward routine though.

It definetly worked even though it could have been better since when i first started doing it i was unconciously not eating enough maybe thats why i had to deload early into the program. The only thing i didnt like about it is the shit load of food u have to gulp down and of course those ass busting 3 sets of heavy ass powercleans.

[quote]Otep wrote:
I really loathe posters who don’t use correct grammer. Spelling mistakes are acceptable, but techno-can just reads stupid.

posters who don’t use correct grammer. Spelling mistakes are acceptable

don’t use correct grammer.

grammer.

[/quote]

Ok, i started the Hypertrophic Specific Training and dropped the other one that i was interested in at first. I’m done finding all the 15, 10 and, 5 rep maxes, on monday I’m gonna start the actual program. Hopefully it will yield good results.