Focus on the Essential

Joe: some days I eat more… With the summer heat and work I wasn’t that hungry.

Mim: straight arms - should I be bending elbows?

[quote]nlmain wrote:
insomnia last night.

lateral shoulder raise 20lbs 3x12 how f’n humbling to pick up the little weights.

[/quote]

Dragging your ass to the gym when you are in that sleep-deprived fog is a struggle. But it is satisfying when you do. Good job.

hey…what do you mean little weights? I used the 25s after militaries today :frowning:

^ ya, no kidding!!

20s for the laterals is STRONG!!

Hey, great new thread! Sometimes lack of sleep is a training-killer, and sometimes its not. So random, this.

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]nlmain wrote:
insomnia last night.

lateral shoulder raise 20lbs 3x12 how f’n humbling to pick up the little weights.

[/quote]

Dragging your ass to the gym when you are in that sleep-deprived fog is a struggle. But it is satisfying when you do. Good job.

hey…what do you mean little weights? I used the 25s after militaries today :([/quote]

I used a barbell hence total weight was 20lbs. I’m guessing you used DB hence total weight was 50lbs right? so I’m the small fry, not you.

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
^ ya, no kidding!!

20s for the laterals is STRONG!! [/quote]

not 20s A 20lbs BB hence weak sauce.

ok, splain please…

lat raises with a bb?? scratches head

nlmain!!

I’m super excited to see you’ve got yourself a new log! I’ve loved following your log - you’re an exemplar of positivity, strength and kickass-ness. I have always loved your vids and pics, showing us your mad lifting skills and absolute ingenuity (home-made sled drag anyone?). I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us now!

Love the goals and the photos are gorgeous!

Your last training was pretty darn good all things considered. Great job on powering through it!

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
ok, splain please…

lat raises with a bb?? scratches head[/quote]

wrong name: my bad, bb front raise with 20lbs bb. make sense now?

sorry for the confusion folks.

Masch: I already told you I’d cook ya a meal on your next trip to Montreal. You don’t need to kiss my ass anymore :wink: lol. Really, thank you for the kind words. I don’t believe I would have stuck to it with as much dedication if it weren’t for the people around here.

okay enough sweet stuff.

It took me this long to realise you’d started a new log. I think it’s a good idea to sometimes refocus goals. I don’t find the photography/lifting mix odd at all. I’m the hand embroidery lifting mix. We’ve all got a lot of different outlets.

Nice work on the bench. I’m still jealous.

Enjoy the summer eating.

I think now is about the right time to tell you how kickass your avi is…and your lifts :wink:

Following along on the new log.

Glad you found me O. You might be jealous of my bench but I’m like jealous of your everything else…

Welcome shaunar, glad to know your following too.

Today’s breakdown:

pushups - don’t know the total, I basically followed the beat to a song until I collapsed.

rackpulls - 3rd peg from bottom
135lbs 1x5
185lbs 1x5
205lbs 1x5
225lbs 1x3
275lbs 1x1
280lbs - no go, twice
275lbs - no go. damn.
225lbs 3x2

snatches - to practica form thanks to MIM’s vid.
40lbs 1x8 (each arm)
45lbs 1x1
50lbs 2x1 - rockstar PR :slight_smile: + 5lbs.

zercher squats
50lbs 3x12

russian v-twists
5kg medecine ball 3x12

calf raises 25lbs 3x12

wide grip cable pull down
75lbs 3x8

decline crunches
5lbs plate held behind head 1x12
10lbs plate held behind head 2x8

strict barbell military press 45lbs 3x12

issue for today: forgot to snack. my stomach grumbled shamelessly throughout the workout. enough to make me blush.

Hellz ya on the snatch PR! Freaking love it.

Lol @ you’re grumbly tummy. So cute.

I actually came over here to tell you there’s a little pushup challenge going on in the conditioning thread - and seeing as to how you did a whole songs worth of pushups…

You other ladies should try it too!

Gosh, you’re just leaving me in the dust. Totally in the dust. Nice work. And more snatch talk. I got enough of that from Kimba’s log. I think we oughta call her the queen of snatch.

what a big snatch you have!!!

Strong & beautiful make for a killer twosome.

Great pulls from the rack & impressive lat p-downs.

this evening is rest and creativity time. Here’s the development of my latest project: a movie/animation using a collection of pics for a story board. Best viewed directly from youtube with a full screen, sound on.

cheers
N

you can tell the cardio has been out of my program since May from the pics/movie, judging by the hip width and leg definition. good news is I should look awesom by october. bad news is I need to deal with hips the size of a prow until then.

I know you girls feel me, just needed to reach out for a moment.

K/nuff self bashing.

Loved the story board! Very moody.

You apparently have a plan for your body shape that included a bulk, right? I don’t know what a “prow” is so I can’t say “no, your hips aren’t the size of a prow”. But you looked beautiful in that piece.