Focus on the Essential

For those that have been following my log recently you’ll know that I have a passion for photography and lifting heavy shit. Contradictory? I consider both to be solo projects through which I try to better and educate myself. They both allow me to unwind, focus my mind on the present and even at times be creative (drag plate set up). The only issue is that sometimes I have limited free time and balancing my two passions is not always easy. For now its summer, a great time of the year to be outside taking pics so I’ve dropped my gym days to 3 times a week for 1.5 hour sessions. While in the fall/winter I was hitting the weights 4-5 times a week without fuss.

My current goals are
A: learn more of the technical side of my camera
B: focus on form a little more to blast through lifting plateau’s

current maxes are:
bench 140lbs 1x1
squat 165lbs 1x1
deads 245lbs 1x1
pull-ups 1x2
push press 105lbs (way back this winter) 1x1

my long term goals are:
bench: BW which is currently 150lbs
squat: 225lbs or 1.5 BW
deads: 300lbs 2xBW
pull-ups: 5 really good reps with perfect form.

Currently not on a diet, just making sure I’m downing enough protein. Also I’ve been skipping the cardio since May to help pack on a little more muscle, especially in the legs for them squats. I’ll be back on the cardio and PF&PC “diet” in September. I’ve also decided to give myself the challenge of 30 days without alcohol in September. For a Frenchie that’s a damn big challenge. For now I’m enjoying the booze and the food.

So basically I’m always trying to balance lifting, eating and life. If that ain’t hardcore enough for you then you can find youself another place to park your ass.

Here’s to another 9 months of progress and thanks to all the fab folks here who have helped and laughed with me along the way.

N

sorry for the double post - server was playing with my head. Let’s use this thread for the future.

and here are the links to older threads:

october 2009 to July 2010

I believe I’m good to role.

after a workout - hence the pit stains. tough. if you don’t get em your not pushing hard enough.

cat and ghost: today’s lesson on shutter speed, iso and exposure.

Cool! new thread!

WOW - what a great ghost picture!

whoah! Thats trippy…

Hey N.
Three cheers for continued progress…

[quote]nlmain wrote:
after a workout - hence the pit stains. tough. if you don’t get em your not pushing hard enough.[/quote]

We need to talk about your attitude little lady. It’s kinda confrontational and it’s seems as if you don’t give a shit…

…I like it :slight_smile:

Good luck with the lifting goals.

I like the cat and ghost photo - very nice. And three times a week? Seems plenty to be lifting weights. Nicer to be outside when you can, after all.

Lifting, eating and life is pretty hardcore. And so are your maxes.

Love the pics :slight_smile:

Very cool pic, people with artistic abilities always amaze me.

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]nlmain wrote:
after a workout - hence the pit stains. tough. if you don’t get em your not pushing hard enough.[/quote]

We need to talk about your attitude little lady. It’s kinda confrontational and it’s seems as if you don’t give a shit…

[/quote]

I actually had a second where I was thinking “can’t post that with sweat stains” but hell, I earned them fair and square. so I did. glad you like it and welcome to my little space of the compound giterdone.

[quote]nlmain wrote:

[quote]giterdone wrote:

[quote]nlmain wrote:

[/quote]

I actually had a second where I was thinking “can’t post that with sweat stains” but hell, I earned them fair and square. so I did. glad you like it and welcome to my little space of the compound giterdone.[/quote]

In my avatar I’m slick with sweat, I took it post workout as well.

It’s hot, it was a good idea for you to post it.
This is a fitness forum, not a tea party :wink:

glad you like the pic guys: truth is I take like a dozen (sometimes hundreds) before getting my “money shot”, I only post the good stuff for ya.

soldog: I am awed by your presence in my space after all those meet PR’s :wink:

MIM: of all people I know you understand continued progress.

Cal: Those living with shitty seasons are vulnerable to the charms of summer. Now instead of fighting it I flow with it, as do you from what I gathered from your log.

Nikki: you’re right life is harcore and tough bitches know how to milk it!

Joe: my brain is techno-challenged which makes it hard to “get” even the simplest functions of my camera, but I try very hard to reach beyond my abilities. I honestly believe that with a some searching everyone can find a “creative outlet”.

Nlmain I’ve been enjoying the photography. You have quite the talent. Your sweat looks good too! 3 times a week in the gym sounds good. Looking forward to seeing you work toward your goals.

I’m always amazed as how far you’ve progressed since I started visiting your log.

Good goals. Good work. Keep it up.

[quote]nlmain wrote:

That baseball bi is almost as gorgeous as you are. & Like Snap, I’m equally impressed with what you’ve accomplished thus far. Between being creative & strong, you got a lot workin’ for you.

Nikki: you make the sweat look hot, I just made it look grimy. belly slickness = nice, pits oumph, not really.

Snap: your approval is always a pleasure to my ears Madame.

Print: baseball bi, cool. you can be so fetching when you try :wink: that could be dangerous.

Deb: cereally glad you enjoy the pics.

insomnia last night. finally fell in a deep sleep in the wee hours of the mourn. Not good. I cut a deal with myself: no PR’s but atleast an honest attempt at hard work in the gym. I had to push beyond my normal fatigue wall (usually after 4-5 exercises) but I did it and that is my win for today.

bench
95lbs 1x12
115lbs 1x8, 1x6

plate pushes 70lbs
12x the length of the gym - kept the resting periods pretty short. These are getting easier very slowly.

lateral shoulder raise 20lbs 3x12 how f’n humbling to pick up the little weights. I could have gone heavier but my gut tells me there would have been too much body english.

close grip cable row
85lbs 3x12

hyper extensions
25lbs to chest 2x12, 1x8,

dips 1x8, 2x7 - really fought for that last rep.

cable chest flies 80lbs 3x12 - did these for a mix up.

barbell glutebridge 80lbs 3x12

alternating kneeling cable wood chops
40 lbs 3x12 for each side.

eats:

oates,pp & rasberries

cottage cheese, avocado and 2 hard boiled eggs

2 scoops of pp and 1 nectarine

salmon filet, arugala and potatoes.

bedtime snack: couple of tbsp of almond butter.

supper time!

Nice work getting in the gym on low sleep it looked like a good workout to me. I think I’d starve on your eatting though.

good work.

are your lat raises with bent elbows are straight up and down by your sides?