Flying to Seattle Soon

I was there about 2 months ago and had a good time, though was only able to stay for a day. If I remember right, Fremont and Capitol Hill were two of the more hip places. One thing that stuck out to me is how ridiculously cramped the city is. The streets are cartoonishly narrow, buildings are crammed next to one another and everything just seems like it’s on top of you. That aside it was pretty cool.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]justrob wrote:

[quote]Oleena wrote:

[quote]sufiandy wrote:
I would go to starbucks, its some local coffee shop that I don’t think exists in any other cities.[/quote]

lmao! Don’t do it! Go to cafe Vivace.[/quote]

Only reason Starbucks is famous here is coz it’s the original. You’ll walk past it if you head to PPM. Incidentally a couple of doors down (on the corner) is the best Mac & Cheese place - worth a shot even if you don’t particularly like Mac & Cheese. [/quote]

A co-worker just told me about that Mac and Cheese place on Friday.[/quote]

Beecher’s Handmade Cheese.

I second Pike Place Market. I always like going there. If you’re a music fan, you might find some of the memorabilia at the Expirence Music Project interesting (and everything else there boring as shit). You can ride the monorail there between Downtown and Seattle Center (where the EMP, Space Needle are). Others might laugh, but I always love riding the monorail. I find it fun as hell.

Thank you all for the tips my flight leaves tomorrow and I’m real excited. Oleena thank you for the info and it’s all appreciated. I love art, music and great food. I’m trying to get the insiders scoop.

My food recommendation, if you got the money (~$50/plate) is The Capital Grill in downtown. Best. Steak. Ever.

Also, you find architecture interesting, like I do, check out the Seattle Library in downtown. It’s a fun walk-through.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
I was there about 2 months ago and had a good time, though was only able to stay for a day. If I remember right, Fremont and Capitol Hill were two of the more hip places. One thing that stuck out to me is how ridiculously cramped the city is. The streets are cartoonishly narrow, buildings are crammed next to one another and everything just seems like it’s on top of you. That aside it was pretty cool.[/quote]

Capitol Hill? lulz