Calories: 4,516
Fat: 244.7
Saturated: 83.4
Polyunsaturated: 43.0
Monounsaturated: 95.8
Carbohydrate: 293.6
Dietary Fiber: 50.8
Protein: 317.6

Thanks, BugeishaAD. I’m usually not so meticulous, but this summer I have time to sleep, eat, and focus on training.

Gabex, if you’re going to steal my programing, I’ll give you my paypal information. Just kidding, bro. To make it as effective as possible, I recommend you change the prehab circuits up to specifically address 1 or 2 nagging problems you have. I get sore shoulders from supraspinatus/biceps long head/subacromial bursa being impinged between the acromion and humerus when I do overhead pressing, which is why I do the YTLWs. Getting lower traps strong helps with healthy upward rotation of the scapula in overhead pressing.

As for the prone internal rotations, they work on strengthening subscapularis so he can do a good job in assisting pec major during my horizontal presses. Previously, I would strain my pec all the time (4 total), and the pain and strain has gone away after doing such a crazy volume of prone internal rotations.

Alright, I’m headed to do some power snatches.

I’ll have video.

Thanks for stopping by, everyone.

[u][i]5-7-09[/u][/i]

AM Weight: 210.0

Back Pain: 0 out of 10

Right Pec Pain: 0 out of 10

[u][i]Lower Body 2[/u][/i]

Foam Rolling
Dynamic Flexibility

A. Power Snatch
95X3X2
105X3
115X3X2
125X3 Baseline PR liiight

B. Front Squat
225X7 PR

225X5
210X5X2
Rest 2-2.5 minutes

C. Bulgarian Split Squat
65X6/side PR, messy
55X6/sideX2
Rest 1 minute

D. Pallof Press
90X15/sideX2 PR
Rest 45 seconds

E. Back Extension
70X16,15 PR
Rest 45 seconds

F. Prowler Pushing :frowning:
(I dunno how much weight)X5 trips

Go to 5:00 or so if you want to see my die. (you bastard)
Rest ~1 minute

[u][i]Nutrition[/u][/i]
I had the grande (10 tacos) at taco bell. Too lazy to look that up, so I’ll call today a 5,000 kcal. day.

Good to see some vids up flow, prowler looked disgusting :wink:

Are you using DB’s or a BB on your Bulgarian squats?

What gym do you train at, thats a nice set up you’ve got there.

PM me when you can

That’s a cool Prowler setup, doesn’t look too expensive either. Do you have the specs on it?

[quote]Ad B wrote:
Good to see some vids up flow, prowler looked disgusting :wink:

Are you using DB’s or a BB on your Bulgarian squats?

What gym do you train at, thats a nice set up you’ve got there.

PM me when you can

[/quote]

Thanks!

It’s the campus athlete gym. My bud from the video hooked me up. The platforms are great, there is chalk all over the place, you can blast music as loud as you want, and you can grunt like a viking.

hellllzz yeaaahh

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
That’s a cool Prowler setup, doesn’t look too expensive either. Do you have the specs on it?

[/quote]

My bud, Coach Hardee, invented it. It’s a track hurdle with the adjustable portion removed.

If you have carpet to push across, it works great. You can toss however much weight you want on and go bonkers.

I’d say it’s a great idea, but my ass hurts as I type this. lolwut?

[u][i]5-8-09[/u][/i]

AM Weight: 212.8
Silly Tacos. Oddly enough, I lost that extra weight. No explanation.

[u][i]Upper Body 2[/u][/i]

Foam Rolling
Dynamic Flexibility

A. Push Press
185X1 Match PR, LIIIIGHT
205X1 PR+20lbs. IN THE WORDS OF RC: YEAHHHH BUDDAAAY

210XF
185X1X2
190X1
195XF
Rest 3-5 minutes
A2. Lunging Hip Flexor Stretch
15s/side

B1. Yates Row
205X8,8,10 PRs
Rest 1 minute
B2. Weighted Push-Up
35X8X3 PR
Rest 1 minute

C. Lat Pull Down
305X12/side Baseline PR
305X10/side
Rest 60 seconds

PREHAB CIRCUIT
E1. Prone Internal Rotations
20 reps
3020 Tempo
E2. Shoulder Girdle SMR
10 seconds (subscap or infraspinatus/teres minor)

BEACH TIME
F1. Reverse Curl
80X4 PR
60X10
F2. Skull Crusher
80X7 PR
75X8
Rest 1 minute

Diet is looking good so far. If anything, I need to eat more.

Yates Rows went way up. . . My back strength is going up like nuts. Push Press huge PR. Came out of nowhere.

I’m at an age where I, given adequate sleep, all I have to do is eat more to recover more. Magic magic magic magic. It sucks to eat so much, to be honest. Interesting the change in feeling you get when your body is saturated with nutrients.

Great PR!

I meant to ask about your prehab/rehab work… Are you coming back from a previous injury? Or just trying to lift smart? Both?

[quote]IronAbrams wrote:
Great PR![/quote]

Thanks! I was pretty happy with it.

[quote]gabex wrote:
I meant to ask about your prehab/rehab work… Are you coming back from a previous injury? Or just trying to lift smart? Both?[/quote]

Left knee hyperextended, which has had ‘echoes’ on my movement patterns even today. Still trying to fix that.

Right shoulder girdle imbalance, which lead to some pretty fun pec major strains.

Herniated disk. Likely at L5-S1. That is where I had the greatest instability when I went through Gray Cook’s Selective Functional Movement Assessment.

Overall, I’ve moved very poorly up until I started to train myself to get movements from the proper joints.

Still a work in progress.

Also, every athlete should do some sort of prehabilitation. It is the ‘X’ factor that is too frequently ignored.

This sucks, but this training cycle is going to be messed up.

I’m participating in a study, which I’ve detailed before. I have to do 8 lower body compound exercises with 3-8RM loads on Monday and Wednesday of next week. I don’t know how that type of stress compares to what I usually do in a training week, so I’m going to have to play it by ear. If I feel strong, I’ll continue the cycle after next week. Otherwise, I may take a deload and start my hypertrophy cycle earlier.

Anyways. . .

[b]Monday[/b]
A. Power Clean
3RM
B. Back Squat
6RM
C. Sumo Deadlift
6RM
D. Reverse Lunge
8RM

[b]Tuesday[/b]
A. Bench Press
4X4
B. Chin Up
2X6-8
C. Seated Cable Row
2X12
D. Prehab Circuit

[b]Wednesday[/b]
A. Power Snatch
3RM
B. Deadlift
6RM
C. Front Squat
6RM
D. Forward Lunge
8RM

[b]Friday[/b]
A. Push Press
Singles if strong, lighter 4X4 otherwise
B1. Yates Row
3X6-8
B2. Weighted Push-Up
3X6-8
C. Seated Cable Row
2X12

Then I’m doing active recovery stuff over the weekend.

The following Sunday, I’m doing those same exercises for half the reps I tested at with all this crazy scientific stuff hooked up to me. After that, I’m going to push my schedule back 1 day and go into the gym with the intention of doing 6 singles or 3-5X3-5 on my main exercises with moderate volume on my assistance.

I’ll just eat and sleep more than usual.

You better be a mother lover today.

[u][i]5-11-09[/u][/i]

AM Weight: 212.0
Looks like the weight gain may actually be going too quickly. We’ll see how tomorrow looks.

[u][i]Lower Body Testing[/u][/i]

Foam Rolling
Dynamic Flexibility

A. Low-intensity jumping and bounding drills

B. Power Clean
180X6 Baseline PR

C. Deadlift
320X10 PR

D. High-Bar Squat
235X7 Baseline PR

E. Reverse Lunge
145X10 Left side
155X10/side PR

F. KB Straight-Back Situp into Lunge
15X5/side
20X5/sideX2

Power Cleans were restricted by my form, especially. I am good for much more weight, but I have minimal second pull, which is definitely a factor in how much weight I can lift.

Deadlift was good. First few reps were touch and go, but I slowed down for the last 6 or 7 reps. I could have squeezed out another rep, but I wanted to leave some in the tank for back squats. I feel like the deadlifts really hurt my performance on the rest of the lifts. That was extraordinarily taxing. Maybe testing high bar back squats and deadlifts on the same day was a bad idea. . .

I thought I had never done high bar squats before, but I looked back and I was doing them way back when. I was upright this time. My abs and back are strong enough to keep me upright on back squats now! Even high bar!!! WOOT. I should start training these, as I am MUCH stronger with low bar position. Funny, my front squat strength is only 10 lbs. behind my high bar back squat. That is so screwed.

Did the reverse lunge with very slow tempo. I’ll be sore, that’s for sure.

DOUBLE POST FAILURE.

Filler video:

Good Job today Big Man! Just wait till Wednesday when the SUMO comes out!

Thats a big session there buddy. Have you changed your program now then?

Thats a big session there buddy. Have you changed your program now then?

By the way… Prowler push intervals are coming after tomorrow’s workout!!

Thanks, Coach.

Ad B, I had to change up the program for purposes of pre-testing for a study on knee forces during heavy lower body compound exercises. I’m a subject/torture volunteer for the study, so I just do what they tell me to do.

It’s cool, though. I get free gatorade, protein shakes, and the opportunity to train in what is widely renowned as the world’s best training facility.

[quote]Flow wrote:
Thanks, Coach.

Ad B, I had to change up the program for purposes of pre-testing for a study on knee forces during heavy lower body compound exercises. I’m a subject/torture volunteer for the study, so I just do what they tell me to do.

It’s cool, though. I get free gatorade, protein shakes, and the opportunity to train in what is widely renowned as the world’s best training facility.

http://www.athletesperformance.com/[/quote]

sweet! Iv taken part in 2 studies before.

First was looking at the IGF and inflammation response to weight training. It was two different sessions, a morning (on one day) and afternoon (different day). we had to be fasted for at least 10hours for both sessions and have blood samples taken before and after the sessions. that was hell!

The second wasnt so bad, and was actually a fun one to do. Looking at running economy and the use of orthotics. Had a musculoskeletal evaluation of my feet and orthotics made. then I had to go back and have about 6 different EMG sites monitored whilst hooked up to a gas analyiser. Looked like freakin Ivan Drago in the training montage!
I got to keep the orthotics which would have cost at least $150

Got my PM?

If you get a double knee bend or split jerk down you got another 20-30lbs on that press. You’ve got great inital leg drive.

Did I just read your gaining weight to quickly??? No such thing my friend.

Monopoly